Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What would be the fastest?

I think i would probably go for a cayenne turbo or a range rover sport supercharged because i know that they would both be fast on the highways but they would both also be able to handle any rough/bad condition roads you might encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Not an option. Unless a Jag has an inline 6 only three kinds of people drive them: Anglophiles, old ladies and homosexuals.

XJ13 and XJ220 don't count.
    Nic you've clearly never driven one or probably even been in one. From my experence driving all three (E,5,XJ) the XJ has the most supple, comfortable ride by such a margin its laughable. The BM and Merc have such a harsh ride in comparison, typical bland german interiors(personal pref though)no character at all plus both are dog ugly.

I'd go an XJR Super V8 Portfolio.
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

XJ would compare more directly to the S class and 7 series though.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    XJ would compare more directly to the S class and 7 series though.
    100 percent correct, yet price wise they are very similar. Obviously the outgoing Stype is comparable but again...the ride on an s-type is superior. I havnt driven the new XF yet but i can only assume from the reviews ive read its going to be a great car.

Sorry im a little biased as i sell the ****en things
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

C6 Z06
    UCP biggest mustang lover

A Eurofighter Typhoon would get it done but if you can't find one of those probably a 530d would be most efficient. But if you really want to enjoy the journey an M5, Aston DBS, or even a 599 GTB will get you there and make you feel like God behind the wheel, plus it's easier to outrun the fuzz in them. Although you lose time at the pump you would lose more time getting pulled over in a 530d, the M5 Aston and 599 will all give you a better chance at evading the authorities since last I checked theres only one Brabus CLS cop car, and it's not in service yet so you should be ok outrunning the various Audi's Bimmers, Mercs and Opels patrolling Germany lol
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

If you don't mind the fuel consumption, I would probably use a Bentley Continental, but if you want to save the time you would lose refueling I would propose a Mercedes E280CDI. I've driven such a car and the V6 engine is low-consumption and high-power and torque engine. The car is really comfortable compared to Audi and BMW. I've driven from Madrid to Bern with friends using a E280CDI and it was great!

if you want some confort, performance (highway of course) and decent fuel consumption, Lexus LS600h.
    but if you want a trip very "stylish" with heads turning around while you are passing, and even some confort but more performance, Maserati Quattroporte, in which trim level/performance package you like.
    finally, you could try a Zonda, probably it's lower than the majority of the speed cameras, but i guess not so comfy for a 4600km trip. so go faster and save more time to take a rest
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    if you want some confort, performance (highway of course) and decent fuel consumption, Lexus LS600h.
    but if you want a trip very "stylish" with heads turning around while you are passing, and even some confort but more performance, Maserati Quattroporte, in which trim level/performance package you like.
    finally, you could try a Zonda, probably it's lower than the majority of the speed cameras, but i guess not so comfy for a 4600km trip. so go faster and save more time to take a rest
    Audi A8L. W12. Of course.

The LS600h is not much more fuel efficient. If I were going for V8 large sedans though, I'd choose the LS460 though. It is good bang for the buck.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post

The LS600h is not much more fuel efficient. If I were going for V8 large sedans though, I'd choose the LS460 though. It is good bang for the buck.
    for sure the 600h is more fuel efficient than the maserati. btw, i would take it mainly for the comfort, it's a really expensive car, it's no more interesting how much fuel it needs...
    ok, Maserati Quattroporte. speed, class, "comfort" and a car i love.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    for sure the 600h is more fuel efficient than the maserati. btw, i would take it mainly for the comfort, it's a really expensive car, it's no more interesting how much fuel it needs...
    ok, Maserati Quattroporte. speed, class, "comfort" and a car i love.
    If you really want fuel efficiency diesel is the only way to go.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I would do it with a Mercedes S550. Electronic amenities and comfort coupled with big power and highway crusing prowess. You could easily do 100mph+ without worry, and the gas tank on it is pretty large.

I calculated that at it's 22 mpg highway rating, and 23.8 gallon gas tank, you'd do roughly 520 miles between refueling. At 4600 km, converting to miles gives you about 2800 miles so you'd be stopping to refuel 5 times. With this length of trip, you're looking at about that many bathroom breaks.

May not be the fastest or most fuel-efficient, but that'd be my poison.

A Gallardo Spyder. It's along trip, I need different stuffs to keep me excited.

Roof down .... or roof up music blast ..... roof down .. .engine note .... a cigarette ..... on a long straight ... stand up and cheer and show the 'V' sign to your self ....

in a s class or bentley or whatever :" .................................................. .................................................. ............................................"
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    A Gallardo Spyder. It's along trip, I need different stuffs to keep me excited.

Roof down .... or roof up music blast ..... roof down .. .engine note .... a cigarette ..... on a long straight ... stand up and cheer and show the 'V' sign to your self ....

in a s class or bentley or whatever :" .................................................. .................................................. ............................................"
    in the gallardo spyder with you: "........................."

My Diablo is an amazing car and makes it a better bet, better than a Mclaren F1, good turns, really smooth, extremely fast and everybody takes a look at you as you drive down the street. Driving one makes you feel like a god.

Thread Information