Page 125 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2084

Thread: Random Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    It might have been, but Stephenson lays claim to it also. Perhaps he was part of the design team.

The Mk1 Mini is a tragedy of design over functionality, the only difference between it and the New Beetle is the fact it can handle. If it was rubbish to drive....
    i can find nothing on these here interwebz to link him to the t-bird. or ford for that matter.

so can't the fact that it was absolutely brilliant to drive be it's raison d'etre? but also remember it built the premium compact niche from nothing. so while yes, there was not a whole lot of innovation on the engineering side, it made great strides in the development and marketing of small cars, and now everyone is rushing to copy them. see the DS2 or the small audi, whatever it is called.

besides, we all give the miata a pass for being absolutely useless because it is fantastic to drive. what's the difference? it is a great drive, and reasonable to live with as your only car. more so than the miata anyway.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

to put it simply, why?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    so can't the fact that it was absolutely brilliant to drive be it's raison d'etre? but also remember it built the premium compact niche from nothing. so while yes, there was not a whole lot of innovation on the engineering side, it made great strides in the development and marketing of small cars, and now everyone is rushing to copy them. see the DS2 or the small audi, whatever it is called.

besides, we all give the miata a pass for being absolutely useless because it is fantastic to drive. what's the difference? it is a great drive, and reasonable to live with as your only car. more so than the miata anyway.
    The problem for me was its retroness. As a car, it's a brilliant thing. Without any shadow of a doubt the best front wheel drive car I've ever driven and far more exciting than some so called rear drive driver's cars.

But as a fashion icon and the retro design it just strikes me as something easy. It's like BMW had the opportunity, saw it and went for it without having to scratch their heads too much. Unlike all the other badge whoring icons which they had to earn their status in the past, the Mini didn't.

I personally would have been happier with it if it was the BMW 0,5 Series or the Rover 100 or something.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i can find nothing on these here interwebz to link him to the t-bird. or ford for that matter.

The compact premium niche? I think the VW New Beetle might have something to say about that as well, although in the US it's a budget brand, so thats understandable.

See also VW Polo, Lupo Etc - paying lots for a little car.

Small Premium is popular simply because of economic conditions and a change in the market, perhaps accelerated by the Mini, but the GFC has something to say about it too, along with a shift in driving habits by motorists.

I don't think the Miata is useless, it's entirely fit for purpose. It doesn't have enough room for rear seats, so it doesn't bother trying to fit them. the rear seats on a Mini are simply luggage racks with headrests in terms of rooms. The Miata is honest and upfront as to it's intentions, the Mini has illusions of practicality.

And I shall redact my information on the T-Bird, the website I used to claim it has self-edited, as shall I.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Another problem with the Mini, especially with the S, is considering it a city car.

It just isn't. It's a sportscar.
    Visca Catalunya!

Small Premium is popular simply because of economic conditions and a change in the market, perhaps accelerated by the Mini, but the GFC has something to say about it too, along with a shift in driving habits by motorists.
    I am uncertain about this, but as I recall, the Mini did very poorly during the GFC - as did the Smart.

Hyundai did quite well though I think - the moved upmarket while still being inexpensive and stole sales from those thinking Japanese.

I just wonder how the Genesises are going to do.

Geneses? Genesi? Genusians?

Mini did lose ground during the GFC but there is always a market for something like that - especially when Bankers are trading in Coxsters for something less...money.

And many people have discovered they prefer a base One rather than an Ibiza Cupra.
    Visca Catalunya!

Don't you get the Mini Ray as well? A completely stripped Mini with weirdly colored rear view mirrors, and still more expensive than many other nicer cars.
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 09-12-2010 at 07:14 AM.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Fabrication on the rear tray door sucks, crazy kiwi's.

Now here's Nicki with the .gif shop

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IBrake4Rainbows; 09-14-2010 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post

Want that. Rear is a bit fugly, but still want.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Yeh bro, thet ute is sikk bro. Choice.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

wow... creepy...

Fabrication on the rear tray door sucks, crazy kiwi's.

Now here's Nicki with the .gif shop

Guys.. please don't quote the pictures without at least trimming to just one. Netiquette and all that.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information