Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Overrated car.

Most Overrated car.

post what you think is the most overrated car, supercar or not. (I bet many will say Toyota Prius)

but fir the most overrated car I say Dodge Viper.

dodge viper is a fabulour car, anyhow, back on topic, i think the most over-rated car would have to be the Holden Adventra, i mean cmon, how well did holden think they were going to do with a jacked up station wagon.

......oh yer and the prius as well, its a heap of sh*t, i cant believe i chopped one.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

porsche cayenne or BMW X5
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Honda Civic

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    porsche cayenne
    once a proud maker of legendary sports cars, now a proud maker of supermarket assualt vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweener
    honda civic
    i was typing "honda civic" and I hit refresh on another window and saw yours. Cosmic.
    yeah, civic. there are way too many young people and rice wannabes who think that the civic is better than pure columbian. thats really such a huge misnomer of societys.

what the crap paul walker. look what you've done, jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    i was typing "honda civic" and I hit refresh on another window and saw yours. Cosmic.
    yeah, civic.
    But the Civis as sold by Honda meets it's expectations exactly.

Is it fair to lambast a car just because idiots think they go faster and handle better than everything else on the streets for the price ?
    No fair on the poor Civic, I say, it's doing the job it was designed for VERY well.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    But the Civis as sold by Honda meets it's expectations exactly.

Is it fair to lambast a car just because idiots think they go faster and handle better than everything else on the streets for the price ?
    No fair on the poor Civic, I say, it's doing the job it was designed for VERY well.
    and before I forget, should'nt we be greatfull to Karmann for starting this thread?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    and before I forget, should'nt we be greatfull to Karmann for starting this thread?
    well I did think about just saying PRIUS and getting all the hmour out in one bout

Being fairer, the under-rated thread does naturally lead to ask the opposite.
    Just as long as he doesn't post reminding us it was his idea
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Just as long as he doesn't post reminding us it was his idea

I just wanted to prevent that

well im not gonna say no you're wrong matra, because then you'll write me an essay explaining how wrong I am and then convince me to kill myself
    but im not going to say you're right

from honda's viewpoint yes, its not overrated, and as I say this someone in Honda usa is counting a lot of large bills.
    my viewpoint is, of course, agonistic. I'm basing my perspective on ricers and the works. We see too many civics out there that are rediculous. With three story wings and everything I dont need to explain it.
    I'm saying the civic is overrated because it is every poor man's dream. he cannot afford a decent car because he doesn't have money. so he feels the need to buy the civic and try to make it into something that it certainly is not. I'm saying that it is overrated in the minds of many, and im going to throw this word in there, uneducated people who think that there is something beautiful in a civic. There isn't. Its a point A to point B car, nothing more.

edit: so really what im saying is that the honda is overrated because too many people think its got potential, which again, is a misnomer.
    Last edited by Renesis; 11-12-2004 at 08:32 AM.

i thing [puts up shield] the skyline is way too desired. i dont like how everyone wants one, and nobody(except for few) has one

*gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    i thing [puts up shield] the skyline is way too desired. i dont like how everyone wants one, and nobody(except for few) has one
    blasphemer! Thou shalt not speaketh badly about the allmighty Skyline!*cough*, just kidding.

I love Skylines, but yeah they are a bit overrated. In fact, I'll second that notion. I can not think of another car that is more overrated than it. It's the whole exclusivity thing I suppose, I mean it is a really cool car. Just the fact that most people can't get a hold of one probably inflates their desire to such ridiculous levels.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    I'm saying the civic is overrated because it is every poor man's dream. he cannot afford a decent car because he doesn't have money. so he feels the need to buy the civic and try to make it into something that it certainly is not. I'm saying that it is overrated in the minds of many, and im going to throw this word in there, uneducated people who think that there is something beautiful in a civic. There isn't. Its a point A to point B car, nothing more.
    Yeah, that was what I was thinking but not so eloquently typed
    I still think it's a shamne for the poor wee Civic. It's done nothing wrong.
    Maybe we need a most over-rated car OWNER thread.
    I'm sure Karrmann will come up with the idea soon

i'd say the viper is underrated and the enzo is overrated. I mean, several years after the F1 comes out, ferrari releases this "unbeatable" supercar that...is already beaten in every aspect? Controversial styling to boot? Sorry, I'll take two saleens or a half dozen mozlers. I fail to see why the viper is overrated, it does everything well at a lower price point than some others.

Other overrated cars? I would say the NSX, but that's a solid car, just overpriced. I'd agree with the skyline, but would like to add the m3 and m5 in there. Yeah, they've got great big engines and RWD, but are heavier than anything comparable. Just because it's got a lot of HP doesn't make it fast....now the old M3, the e30, that was a real car.
    Last edited by sandwich; 11-12-2004 at 11:34 AM. Reason: I DED MAKE THA SPELLANG!
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

I'll take LEXUS I can not stand this cars it all...
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Thread Information