Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New NSX to be announced.

New NSX to be announced.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=378278

It's about time it got redesigned. <insert wild speculation here>

Edit: updated.

Current Generation NSX Production to Halt at Year End

TORRANCE, Calif. 07/11/2005 -- To further enhance the division's performance image, Acura is developing a new sports car to succeed the award-winning NSX supercar. Acura also announced that production of the current generation NSX will cease at the end of the year due to the extensive retooling necessary to meet stringent 2006 emissions and equipment regulations for the U.S., Europe and Asia.

"We are committed to having an ultra high-performance vehicle in the Acura lineup in the future," said John Mendel, senior vice president, automobile operations. "It's too early to comment on specifics, but the all-new model will be just as groundbreaking as the 1991 NSX."

As the first-ever supercar from Japan, the NSX was created as a hand-built, exotic, mid-engine sports car that would establish entirely new levels of performance, refinement and drivability. The NSX went on sale in the summer of 1990 and the following year posted record U.S. sales of 1,940 vehicles. Through June of 2005, NSX cumulative sales totaled 8,854 in the U.S. and more than 18,000 worldwide.

During its 15-year run, the NSX has been showered with accolades including, Automobile Magazine's "Automobile of the Year and Design of the Year" awards, Popular Science's "Best of What's New," Road &Track's "Ten Best Cars in the World" list. Motor Trend magazine also named the NSX to its "Top Ten Performance Cars" list and touted it as "the best sports car ever built."

Acura designed the NSX as a technological and performance showcase. Among other innovations, it was the first production car to feature an all-aluminum body, chassis, and suspension and to utilize titanium connecting rods. It featured a transversely mounted dual overhead cam V-6 engine equipped with Acura's breakthrough VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) system and a variable volume induction system.

Over time, the NSX received continuous updates to ensure its competitiveness and popularity with serious sports car enthusiasts. The NSX has also captured multiple championships in the highest levels of sports car and prototype racing.
    Last edited by Quiggs; 07-11-2005 at 07:41 PM.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I hope it looks good!

If not... Then I'll just buy a 2002+ in 5-10 years or so. Hey, the '92s are still perfectly running, so why not
    Attached Images Attached Images

They did create a concept for an NSX replacement a year or two ago. Think they shelved it though as they thought it wasn't feasible to launch another car into Porsche territory, not worth their while. And let's be honest, though the NSX is a wonderful car, it has been a real failure in terms of sales. Especially here in the UK.

Wonder what's changed their mind?
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

as long as it has the same performance (mabye better if possible) and dosen't look like any other super car it's going to be good.
    You two! Fight to the death!

I actually prefer the oldest styling the most, with the pop-up headlights.

Here I am thinking they just cancelled the HS-C concept......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

It better be as good as the original. Hopefully they won't overload it with all sorts of unnessisary stuff.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

I think it will look like the HSC.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by GT F1
    I think it will look like the HSC.
    i hope not
    You two! Fight to the death!

i love the look of the HS-C, and if GT4 is anything to go by (and we all know it is ) i hope they dont steer too far from it in the new NSX

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloVT
    i love the look of the HS-C, and if GT4 is anything to go by (and we all know it is ) i hope they dont steer too far from it in the new NSX
    That's what I was gonna say!
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Honda just doesn't get it...on many levels. I work at an Acura dealership and it has been there for almost 7 years. We have never once had an NSX on the lot for sale. I realize that is a ground breaking car and all...but I would NEVER even motion the idea of spending over 90,000 dollars on a car with a V6 and no power steering. People always say "at that speed, who needs power steering?" Well the only times I ever see them they're driving on the street and not at Mach 2, so power steering would help. But for that much, my car better at least have a V8. Same with the Ridgeline (off topic, I know), Why would I spend 40 gs on a truck with a V6....or 30 gs on a 200 hp weak 4 cylinder (TSX)....sorry but these days Im almost embarrased to say I work for Honda/Acura.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtlessX8
    Honda just doesn't get it...on many levels. I work at an Acura dealership and it has been there for almost 7 years. We have never once had an NSX on the lot for sale. I realize that is a ground breaking car and all...but I would NEVER even motion the idea of spending over 90,000 dollars on a car with a V6 and no power steering. People always say "at that speed, who needs power steering?" Well the only times I ever see them they're driving on the street and not at Mach 2, so power steering would help. But for that much, my car better at least have a V8. Same with the Ridgeline (off topic, I know), Why would I spend 40 gs on a truck with a V6....or 30 gs on a 200 hp weak 4 cylinder (TSX)....sorry but these days Im almost embarrased to say I work for Honda/Acura.
    I guess the Evo MR/FQ400 and the Subaru WRX STi are shitty cars, not to mention the 6-cylinder Golf R32. There are many others.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

And jesus the Porsche 911, 6 cylinders, wtf were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I guess the Evo MR/FQ400 and the Subaru WRX STi are shitty cars, not to mention the 6-cylinder Golf R32. There are many others.

which of those cost 90k though? none

Thread Information