Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: mustang vs Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    The answer to your question is yes but for some reason (probably weight) the mustang beats the camaro in all the handling tests. a common line in those reviews is "ford somehow has made the live rear axle 'work'"
    on smooth roads, most likely. What about traction out of sharp corners?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Not sure about bigger than the average town.. I think it's more hamlet sized.
    Well it dwarfs my Jeep, soo...

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    on smooth roads, most likely. What about traction out of sharp corners?
    Not all roads here are glass smooth. In fact that's something we generally attribute to European roads (often European cars that come here get fitted with longer travel suspension than what they get there which tends to reinforce this view.)

As far as accelerating out of corners, that's actually one of it's strong suits in relation to the cars it races against (M3, M6, Cayman, 911, Camaro, etc.). Why all the Mustang hatred?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Not all roads here are glass smooth. In fact that's something we generally attribute to European roads (often European cars that come here get fitted with longer travel suspension than what they get there which tends to reinforce this view.)
    Replace Europe with Germany.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    . Why all the Mustang hatred?
    sorry, you have to grow up, asking questions about a car is not tantamount to hating.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Interesting twist in the story boys.

took wifey to the ford dealership to check out the 'stag and go on another test drive. to my surprise, afterward she said if it were her car she would buy the camaro!!

She thought the camaro was much more comfortable and the interior was significantly better. she also stated "if you are going to spend $30,000, you might as well car the car with the more comfortable interior!". My reply was "if I am going to spend 30,000, I might as well get the faster car and the car that is more fun to drive!"

My second time looking at the mustang, i do agree that maybe the interior was not as nice as I thought it was. It is not as nice as the camaro's as far as interior materials and fit and finish. Although as a practical matter the gauges are much more useful and the buttons for the radio and HVAC are better on the mustang. Additionally, although the camaro does have the "nicer" interior, its not as clear cut as it seems since the visibility is much better on the mustang so in a way, the interior is still nicer haha.

I still think the mustang is more fun to drive.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Did we get a ruling on the G8 GXP?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Interesting twist in the story boys.

took wifey to the ford dealership to check out the 'stag and go on another test drive. to my surprise, afterward she said if it were her car she would buy the camaro!!

She thought the camaro was much more comfortable and the interior was significantly better. she also stated "if you are going to spend $30,000, you might as well car the car with the more comfortable interior!". My reply was "if I am going to spend 30,000, I might as well get the faster car and the car that is more fun to drive!"

My second time looking at the mustang, i do agree that maybe the interior was not as nice as I thought it was. It is not as nice as the camaro's as far as interior materials and fit and finish. Although as a practical matter the gauges are much more useful and the buttons for the radio and HVAC are better on the mustang. Additionally, although the camaro does have the "nicer" interior, its not as clear cut as it seems since the visibility is much better on the mustang so in a way, the interior is still nicer haha.

I still think the mustang is more fun to drive.
    So what do you plan to do? Buy the Camaro cuz your wife likes it better? Or will you opt for the Mustang?
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Still planning on the mustang due to the fact that it is the better car to drive.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Did we get a ruling on the G8 GXP?
    Well...considering that this thread's title is "mustang vs Camaro" I think you should know what the ruling on the gxp is...(just kidding)

I like the gxp, but once again, too slow, probably not good looking enough. Im worried about finding parts and stuff for it in the future with GM getting rid of pontiac.

Im worried about finding parts and stuff for it in the future with GM getting rid of pontiac.
    Not if we overnight them from Australia.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Well...considering that this thread's title is "mustang vs Camaro" I think you should know what the ruling on the gxp is...(just kidding)

I like the gxp, but once again, too slow, probably not good looking enough. Im worried about finding parts and stuff for it in the future with GM getting rid of pontiac.
    They made at least 60,000 VE Commodores last year. Parts are going to be the least of your worries.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Except for the unique bumpers and bonnet. Those things will be a prick if you ever crash one.
    I am the Stig

First Drive: Callaway SC572 and SC552 is the Chevrolet Camaro done right &mdash; Autoblog

Not all hope is lost for the Camaro - the Eibach suspension is supposed to be worth the $. Make that $$$$$.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

i know you are talking about the GT but 3 weeks ago i bought a '10 v6 Mustang. so far so good. its not fast but its works perfectly for me. i think Ford done it right this time in features, interior, exterior, and engines (in 2011 models.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    i know you are talking about the GT but 3 weeks ago i bought a '10 v6 Mustang. so far so good. its not fast but its works perfectly for me. i think Ford done it right this time in features, interior, exterior, and engines (in 2011 models.)
    Congrats! did you get the premium interior?

Thread Information