Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pushrod or OHC

that's an in-line six pushrod engine. Of course the idea that pushrods are ONLY for V engines is bullshit. Many in line fourpots and sixes were fiitted with pushrods. Technological development went on and now only very few engines have pushrods, notably the standard american V8 (like the LS and hemi engines) but also the V6 that you can find in the Pontiac Grand-Am is still operated by pushrods (my judgement on that engine can be found elsewhere). All other enginemakers left the pushrod behind and went for OHC's also for V engines and for diesel engines, a technology that does not require high revving, and provides a torque that would leave similar sized petrol engines red faced and actually the type of engine JCP123 would prefer, and you can also enjoy the far greater economy of these engines.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Already did the component count, it seems that OHC has more, unless you want to actually do something for once, and do the count.
    Strip them down? Sure let me get right on that one, got an OHV and OHC engine that I cna just tear appart? Lets try to stay realistic here.

Go to a junkyard, get a OHV and a OHC engine out of old junkers and take them apart, insted of bickering on a internet forum, maybe you would learn something.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    that's an in-line six pushrod engine. Of course the idea that pushrods are ONLY for V engines is bullshit. Many in line fourpots and sixes were fiitted with pushrods. Technological development went on and now only very few engines have pushrods, notably the standard american V8 (like the LS and hemi engines) but also the V6 that you can find in the Pontiac Grand-Am is still operated by pushrods (my judgement on that engine can be found elsewhere). All other enginemakers left the pushrod behind and went for OHC's also for V engines and for diesel engines, a technology that does not require high revving, and provides a torque that would leave similar sized petrol engines red faced and actually the type of engine JCP123 would prefer, and you can also enjoy the far greater economy of these engines.
    I havent heard of any I pushrod engines...

BTW all GM V6s (except for caddi V6s) are OHV.

As far as the whole "technology" thing, I posted on that, look on page 3 of this thread, toward the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    Go to a junkyard, get a OHV and a OHC engine out of old junkers and take them apart, insted of bickering on a internet forum, maybe you would learn something.
    That still requires $$$, on top of that not all OHV and OHC engines are designed the exact same.

That still requires $$$, on top of that not all OHV and OHC engines are designed the exact same.
    Save some some money up and do it. You would still learn something, its better than nothing. I've learned a lot just taking apart lawn mower engines and A-series bmc engines, very simple designs but the principles are still there.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Just take a look at the pic Johnnynumfy sent.

If you want to tease Matra you might want to tell him that all Alpine A110 engines were Renault based pushrod in-line fours.

It is just a pity that engine builders fail to read your posts, otherwise they would immediately order there development departments to reinvent the pushrod engine
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

A little over reacting are we?
    Pushrod engines are for V configuration ONLY,
    I'm ignoring the rest because I'm in a bad mood and you've just demonstrated how little you know and I will likely spend the REST of your post correcting all the other misconceptions you continue to spout forth.

g'night
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I'm ignoring the rest because I'm in a bad mood and you've just demonstrated how little you know and I will likely spend the REST of your post correcting all the other misconceptions you continue to spout forth.

g'night
    Aye, I just gave slicks some food to tease you

ah right so they clearly don't exist.

Damn all those cars have just stopped on roads ALL OVER THE world.

Can you please wish pushrod engines back into existence please so that the world can get on driving aroudn in cars.

PS: As well as looking up the components of an OHC and OHV engine, cos you've missed a good few in thinking they're anywhere NEAR the same You should also look up NUMPTY - a great Scots word
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

erm, but they ALL have to have the major components or they wear out VERY quickly.
    See you're talking through the orifice on the WRONG end of your body.
    You clearly haven't a CLUE what actually happens inside an engine be it OHC or OHV So please refrain from debating the issue as it makes us all feel bad pointing out your stupidity !!

IF you want to know, I'll gladly do a "Slicks camshaft components 101" thread as before

Aye, I just gave slicks some food to tease you
    I'll bet you were the kid who always threw a bar of chocolate to the monkeys in the zoo too

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I'll bet you were the kid who always threw a bar of chocolate to the monkeys in the zoo too
    but only to the ones that liked chocolate

but only to the ones that liked chocolate
    the same ones that were found lying upside down in the lake foaming at the mouth?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    the same ones that were found lying upside down in the lake foaming at the mouth?
    you also went to the zoo?

you also went to the zoo?
    when I found time.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information