Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SimBin signs long term FIA GT license with SRO

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,

SimBin signs long term FIA GT license with SRO

SimBin signs long term FIA GT license with SRO
    SimBin secures future productions of the successful racing game GTR, based on the FIA GT Championship. The organisation behind the championship, SRO, and SimBin has agreed on a prolonged cooperation lasting until year 2012.

SimBin is delighted to announce that a new agreement has been signed with the organisation behind the FIA GT Championship – SRO.

– This extended license with SRO allows us to continue developing games based on the prestigious championship. It is strategically wise to build further on GTR which is established as one of the cornerstones of our company. This also means that we continue a well established, mutual trust and cooperation with SRO, where we also work side by side on marketing. Now we can keep on making the best racing games for many years to come and bring GTR to the next generation platforms, says Henrik Roos, CEO and original founder of SimBin.

The new agreement covers all FIA GT seasons until 2012 and the future championships opens up great opportunities for developing games with new technology, on new platforms, aiming to get even closer to the ultimate racing experience in a game.

– We are very pleased to continue this long-term collaboration, which has seen the FIA GT Championship become the subject of one of the very best racing simulation games available. SimBin, with their racing background, know exactly what the FIA GT Championship is about, which is what gives the GTR game its incredibly realistic nature, Stéphane Ratel, Chairman of SRO, comments.

Source
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

SimBin certainly has grown. They just signed the WTCC license a few days ago.

IMO though, I think SimBin should contact the Super GT folks after their WTCC and GTR2 games.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    SimBin certainly has grown. They just signed the WTCC license a few days ago.

IMO though, I think SimBin should contact the Super GT folks after their WTCC and GTR2 games.
    Before a Super GT game they need to make a LMS game

or a Speed GT/Grand-Am, not much different from GT racing, but it has a more diverse field and more interesting stuff.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    or a Speed GT/Grand-Am, not much different from GT racing, but it has a more diverse field and more interesting stuff.
    No it doesn't. BTW Grand-Am sucks.

If SimBin were to make a Le Mans Series game it would sell very well

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    No it doesn't. BTW Grand-Am sucks.

If SimBin were to make a Le Mans Series game it would sell very well
    It would sell better if they include classics.

I wanna drive the 787B.........
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

They should make a game that covers pretty much all the major racing types; Sports car racing, Endurance/prototype racing, Formula 1, WRC... and include classic racers with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman
    They should make a game that covers pretty much all the major racing types; Sports car racing, Endurance/prototype racing, Formula 1, WRC... and include classic racers with it.
    ToCa Race Driver 3 territory.

They should make a LMS game.....prototypes will be more interesting to drive then GT cars....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    It would sell better if they include classics.

I wanna drive the 787B.........
    That's what GT Legends is for

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac
    They should make a LMS game.....prototypes will be more interesting to drive then GT cars....
    Yeah I know. Since there is already so many user made prototypes for GTR, like the Dome S101, the Audi R8, and the Pescarolo C60.

It depends on what LeMans Simbin would sign with anyways.

It'd be hard to make an interesting ALMS series as each class pretty has a single dominator or 2.

With a SuperGT game, the racing is only diverse in 2 classes and unlike GTR where the GT1 will dominate pretty much everytime and always be spread out, in the Super GT, the racing between GT500 and GT300 is very close.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    That's what GT Legends is for
    All LMS classics I meant, and no Minis.

GTL doesn't have 787B!!!
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    It depends on what LeMans Simbin would sign with anyways.

It'd be hard to make an interesting ALMS series as each class pretty has a single dominator or 2.

With a SuperGT game, the racing is only diverse in 2 classes and unlike GTR where the GT1 will dominate pretty much everytime and always be spread out, in the Super GT, the racing between GT500 and GT300 is very close.

Uh, no....GT500 and GT300 are not close at all, they have a staggered start time and the GT500 car is about as fast as a ALMS prototype.....

IMO a Le Mans series combined mod will be perfect. Since most cars for ALMS and LMS are overlapped anyway.....just different paint scheme a few series specific cars they need to make extra....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

But the game wouldn't be any fun due to the fact Audi pretty much dominates every single race unless a fault comes into play.

I know Audi is great, but everyone would either choose the Audi online or get pissed because the in-game Audi is too d*mn fast.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information