Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife is brave, and getting well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Good on you Doug and best of luck in your future with Terry.
    In the Scots dialect, your grand daughter is "a wee stoatir"

Sorry Terry, this is the image his post created for me
    ROFLMAO

Rather go with the lycra I think
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Wishing you the best in this new phase of your life!

Hope you enjoy every second of it together with Terry.
    Zag when they Zig

I'm gonna have nightmares about that image, matra.

It's good to know you saw the important things in your life, Doug, and chose to spend your time focusing on them.

It's been a struggle, but the futures looking bright
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Mate all the best to both of you. You certainly help put life into perspective.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

After being totally unaware of Christmas 2006 happening, Terry is highly pumped about this Christmas. We've gone about our Christmas preparations with gusto, enthusiastically putting up and decorating the Christmas tree and staring in wonder at the beauty of it, loads of scheming and plotting over buying and hiding family gifts and busy, busy, busy planning the family Christmas celebrations.

21 December at 05h00, is the 1st anniversary of her collapse which kicked off a year from hell for all of us and we've all come through it with severe emotional scarring, but also revitalised in many ways and appreciating life and each other like never before. Terry is actually healthier than I am at the moment.

So, in the spirit of a Christmas that we never imagined in our most optimistic dreams that we'd ever experience again, we wish all of you and your loved ones, a Christmas like no other you've ever had before, just like ours is going to be.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_Dread View Post
    After being totally unaware of Christmas 2006 happening, Terry is highly pumped about this Christmas. We've gone about our Christmas preparations with gusto, enthusiastically putting up and decorating the Christmas tree and staring in wonder at the beauty of it, loads of scheming and plotting over buying and hiding family gifts and busy, busy, busy planning the family Christmas celebrations.

21 December at 05h00, is the 1st anniversary of her collapse which kicked off a year from hell for all of us and we've all come through it with severe emotional scarring, but also revitalised in many ways and appreciating life and each other like never before. Terry is actually healthier than I am at the moment.

So, in the spirit of a Christmas that we never imagined in our most optimistic dreams that we'd ever experience again, we wish all of you and your loved ones, a Christmas like no other you've ever had before, just like ours is going to be.
    Thanks to you and Terry, Doug!

I'm very glad you'll be able to enjoy Christmas with her, I hope it's effectively the best one you'll ever have. She gave you one of the biggest gift she could probably give: she fought against severe health problems and re-built her health, not only for herself, but for you too. Now I hope you have one hella gift for her
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Nice to hear the good news, and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Great to hear Doug, Terrys doing well, have a safe and happy Christmas/New Year break.

Cheers
    John
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Such great news! I'm very happy for you both. I'm actually jealous of that Christmas enthusiasm.
    Happy Christmas for you guys!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Great news Doug. Crazy to imagine that it's been a year now, with all of the momentous ups and downs along the way. I'm truly happy to hear that Terry's well again, even if I have never met either of you in person.

May this Christmas and upcoming new year bring you happiness and good fortune, if this recent news hasn't done so already.

Cheers Mate.

Feliz Navidad, Terry, Doug and co.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Feliz Natal!

A merry christmas to both of you, you sure well deserve it
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Doug goes sheepishly into the confessional: “Forgive me for I have sinned, it’s been months since my last update post……”

The reason mainly has been because there has been little news to report, Terry has been in good medical shape and getting along pretty well and along with a retired Doug, we have been enjoying our ‘borrowed time’ together like never before.

It’s amazing that we spend our entire lives chasing some mythical Nirvana where everything will be perfect and all the time it was there for the taking. We had to almost lose everything before realizing that all we had to do was stop, look around, focus on each other, family and the world around us that we took for granted, and there it was.

The only stone in our shoe has been Terry’s mobility which has continued to deteriorate since Rehab, with one of her knees practically and extremely painfully, ceasing to function. I had a very nasty feeling of déjà vu whilst spending yesterday next to her hospital bed, but thankfully, this time it was with the knowledge that she was coming home today. They did a little op on her knee, poking around with a camera inserted through one little incision and an instrument inserted through another little incision. Surgeon says he found a torn cartilage and fixed up some stuff inside, time will tell, but we fervently hope he found the problem.

Some quotes from way back:

1 January 2007: During her fuzzy period of the past few weeks she expressed 2 fervent wishes, firstly to go home and secondly to see the sea again and walk once more on her most beloved beaches. Can't do much about the 1st, but I could happily inform her I've booked 2 weeks at her favourite seaside spot in March, giving her 7 weeks to become beachworthy again. She's filled with trepidation but is going to give it her best shot and her Physio promised to help.

8 February 2007: Either way, seems the holiday on the beach was just a pipe dream. I’ll wait until the last minute before cancelling, seeing I will have lost the deposit anyway.

13 March 2007: Disappointingly, I cancelled the beach holiday, she isn't going to be out of rehab in time. Later maybe.
    Well, it’s time to try again! I’ve booked a house on the beach on KZN’s South Coast for several days in April. It will be very experimental, we don’t know whether we’ll be restricted to looking at the sea from the veranda or perhaps the car window, or whether she’ll actually be able to negotiate the sand and take that much desired walk on the beach.

The renal unit up here will be making Terry’s dialysis bookings at a local facility. Dialysis is a major restriction but we’ve become quite used to working around it.

Terry is busting with excitement! She says she feels like a little girl again, going on holiday for the 1st time!

It should do me some good too, I’m noticing the last year and a bit has taken a lot more out of me than I’d thought. As a wise and intellectual sage once said: “......reading the signs of my body, you know my hips don't lie and I am starting to feel it now, come on lets go, real slow.”

As a sweetener, I’m taking her to see Swan Lake on Ice this weekend. She has this culture thing going, which I lack, but being on ice with skates, it may not be as painful for me as a full blown ballet,
    Doug

So good to know that you guys are enjoying this new period of your lives together and that you keep your humour as good as ever.

Be patient with the ice skaters and then you may be appologised for paying too much attention to the intellectuals of modern days.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Hey sorry it's late i only just seen but congrats on the new edition in the family, Again sorry it's late and glad to see life is up beat more for you guys.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information