Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fiat 850 Coupe

I know... Gutted! *sniff*
    And my dad didn't even think to bring his - we met there.
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

Beautiful little car. I'm currently helping a friend in the restoration of an mk2.

Even with some panels looking like swiss cheese, its still a gorgeous sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinto_PT
    Beautiful little car. I'm currently helping a friend in the restoration of an mk2.

Even with some panels looking like swiss cheese, its still a gorgeous sight.
    Welcome to my other home!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    Welcome to my other home!

Portugal is taking over...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Portugal is taking over...
    It's being planned for ages, don't you know?

I recently bought a 850 Coupe and guess what, it is the same example that is shown in the first post. Nice coincidence huh? Time left it's traces on this car, but it is quite solid.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great car, elentinos! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by elentinos View Post
    I recently bought a 850 Coupe and guess what, it is the same example that is shown in the first post. Nice coincidence huh? Time left it's traces on this car, but it is quite solid.
    Wow!
    Thats a very nice and funny coincidence!

A very nice 850 for sure!
    It looks exactly like the one the guy who posted above you have to!
    I was fortunate to have some rides through the streets of Porto in that car this summer, and it has so much passion and great historic feel inside and outside..

(EDIT: yeah.. I read the first post now... it is pictured there of course.)

Congratulations on your purchase. Hope you will enjoy it for many many years!

It would be cool if you posted some more detailed photos as well when you have opportunity for it.
    Last edited by LotusLocost; 09-21-2007 at 07:57 AM.

Congrats on yet another Fiat in your collection. Have to say that the envy is eating my gut right now.

Couldn't help noticing that in pic #6 you are doing 100 kph @ 4000 rpm while coolant temp is still quite low. No mercy for the oldtimer, huh?

Well, the gauge is not giving the right temperature. It never goes further up the scale than that. I assure you that the engine was well warmed up... :-)
    But youre right, i don't indulge my cars, even when they are 40 years old...

Well, the gauge is not giving the right temperature. It never goes further up the scale than that. I assure you that the engine was well warmed up... :-)
    But youre right, i don't indulge my cars, even when they are 40 years old...
    Indeed what a coincidence, I guess there aren't many Coupes around in Holland. I checked with the Fiat 850 Club and the one my father owned is no longer with us. I love your sixth picture, I have seen that many times in reality, and also seeing the revs disappear in the red zone, also in 4th gear.

Would love to see the car if there will be such an opportunity.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Indeed what a coincidence, I guess there aren't many Coupes around in Holland.
    You're right. Especially series 1 cars are very rare. So when i stumbled on this one, i didn't hesitate...

You're right. Especially series 1 cars are very rare. So when i stumbled on this one, i didn't hesitate...
    and especially the ones with a rev counter which cost a whopping Dfl 150 extra in 1967.....

Hi elentinos!

Welcome aboard and congrats on your amazing car.
    Mine is from 67 and looks exactly like yours. It's also needing some care an attention now as there is some rust starting to show under the car and the interior isn't looking original.

This car was bought by my father in 1991 from it's original owner. It was a very nice lady who, besides being my father's employee was a great friend of the family. Since she passed away the car became even more special to us. Now, less than 2 weeks after my father passed away, it's obvious the car will stay in the family forever.
    After my father had the car's body rebuilt, back in 1991, it has been runing perfectly. It's a trouble-free classic car with a reliability that defies belief.
    With 97.000kms from new, the engine, gearbox and clutch were never touched.

To see a few more pics check this very old thread.

How is the top of your dashboard? Mine has cracked due to the sun, as usual. Finding one in good condition, or a new one, seems to be an impossible task.

here's a 1300/124

Hi guys,

Just found this forum and this thread on Fiat 850 coupe and Abarth variants. You all have some really beautiful well preserved cars! I have been working on a 1300/124 for a few months now, so I thought I would post some photos.

I have gone through the drivetrain and fuel system and rear suspension and dashboard. Now it is at body and paint having all rust hunted down and repaired correctly, then it will be returned to original white with red side stripes.

Eric in San Diego
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information