Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: International Motorcars Apollo 3500 GT

International Motorcars Apollo 3500 GT

This thread will be devoted to the Apollo cars conceived in the sixties in the USA and built in Italy. Many details surrounding the cars are sometime shrouded in mystery and confusion, but as we have a number of devoted Apollo owners on board, we will try to solve all the riddles and to turn this into the definitive thread about these interesting machines. It is expected that during this thread thread several forays will also be made into the realms if the Interamericas and the work of Franco Scaglione.
    Several threads are already going on on the subject, but we will work to combine all the info supplied there into this thread.

Let me kick off with some shots I took at the 2005 Quail Motorsport Gathering, of one of 11 built Apollo 5300 Convertibles. The story of its ownership is already interesting enough. (and no, the thread title is not a typo, as the first cars came with the engine, that later became the workhorse of the British Motor Industry)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by henk4; 02-09-2008 at 03:11 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

That looks extraordinarily like a 60's Ferrari.

Most Excellant! Those are some nice pics. That is a good pic of the side badge, however it is missing the logo that goes above it. Most of the restored cars are missing this logo. I'll take a picture of it. It is so rare to see it that I think it would be a good for the Name the badges thread ..

This sales pamphlet was found in my fathers dresser, folded in 1/2 like it was in his shirt pocket. He must have picked it up at the 1963 San Francisco Auto Show.(pic from article to be posted) When Milt Brown appraised #1008 I showed this to him. "I havn't seen one of those since the cars were built" he said. I'll have to remember to have him autograph it in August at the 2008 Concorso Italino.
    Last edited by Dons63ApolloGT; 03-10-2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: didn't realize image was so large, cut can't change to smaller. I have them resized

there is actually one for sale about 20 km away from where I live...(and another was sold by the same guy recently)

Joop Stolze Classic Cars

and go for "cars in stock"
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

There was a Vetta Ventura for sale at Fantacy Junction here in the bay area. Many exotics sold here. I see that's in the cars sold section now, however there is still a 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Spyder they still have for sale 1.45 mil nice!

this is the first news paper article about the Apollo. I'm going to scan my copy of sporst car graphic from 63 as I think it will better than what is out there.
    Here's an early line art sketch. My dad use to be able to free hand draw this car, I remember constantly nagging him as a child " dad draw me a picture of your car"

Motor Trend Among others began running articles as the Apollo began to gain popularity

Fantacy Junction Apollo

Fantasy Junction - (510) 653-7555 one of several Ferrari's
    Last edited by Dons63ApolloGT; 03-14-2008 at 10:59 PM. Reason: added pictures and text

There was a lot of articles written about the Apollo 3500 GT in 63 and 64.

I think it must have been after my dad had read these articles that he had to get to the SF Auto Show to get a glance at one 1st hand. I remember the guy just up the street just got a new Jag, so that must have got him itching.
    Last edited by Dons63ApolloGT; 03-14-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Then this came out, a preview of the up comming San Francisco Auto Show I think he had got the Apollo fever by this point. I'll have to ask my mom when he bought the car. He was the second owner, when he bought the car is was black. It was originally red but the 1st owner saw the black Apollo and liked it so much that he painted the car.

Here's a few recent shots of 1008 at dusk.
    Last edited by Dons63ApolloGT; 03-14-2008 at 11:05 PM. Reason: resized and added pics

Aaah... the SF auto show. I've been going forever and haven't missed a year yet. Sadly, nothing really WHOA's been there. Except for the usual European exotics/tastefully done tuners.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Bump....
    I kept my promise to Milt Brown and made it to the Concorso Italiano in Monterey this past August.
    Only 2 Apollos made it. There is a nice picture of Deny Pauls 5000GT on Concorso's main page as he is exiting I believe.
    I met the owner of #074(now previous owner) that was up for auction at Russo & Steele's . He brought his 250 Ferrari to the Concorso. It was a low milage original 5000GT with 2800 miles, it sold for $72,500 plus 10 percent buyer's premium! $82,500.00 out the door.
    I also met the owner of Italia West, he owns 3 Apollo's and several Italia's also.

While I was leaving the Monterey area I actually got hit from behind by a Chevy Tahoe, resulting in cracked right rear tail light lens ( Ferrari #12 tail light) I can get the replacement lens from ReOriginals, its $524.00 for the plastic lens

Concorso Italiano - A Celebration of Italian Style

Hi Don, good to see you back. Whose car was at the Carmel Concours?

Good to be back. I’ve been busy with the new business
    I’m not sure, your talking about the Blue 5000GT? I think its out of Europe it has Black and white plate 6 digit lic.plate AH-39-05 ? I think that was possibly Milt's old car that he sold.

#1005 up for sale

Just in case anyone may be interested, #1005 a white 3500Gt with a 2 speed automatic is up for sale. It is in Hemmings and also on craigs list. Price is unknown.

Just "chanced" upon this thread/group. Noticed last post is from May, and the group hasn't grown by leaps and bounds. Wondering if you have any room for an owner of a 1986 Apollo Verona? If so, I'll post some details about my ride. Regardless of which of Milt's continuing versions you may own, we're a small, small portion of the car world.

Thread Information