Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA & GTA Junior

Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA & GTA Junior

Hi there,

Are there any lovers of this beautiful car here?

I would like to meet people on this forum who have some information, photos and experiences and who simply adore this Italian icon.

I just bought GT junior and I am in the process of converting it into GTA.

I attach some pics od original GTA stradale.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1600 GTA Stradale

This is indeed I marvellous car, one of the most beautiful Italian road cars ever made, in my humble opinion. However, I know little about the technical aspect of these Alfa's, I only know they are prone to rust. I suggest you buy a detailed book on the GTA.

Hi,

Yes indeed, this car is prone to rust more than some other models. I've read that every 5 years you have to restore the bodyshell....but we'll see. My car was restored recently so I hope it will hold next five years!

There are great books out there. Best one is "Allegerita" from T. Adriaansens and "GTA" by M. Tabucchi. They are expansive, but worth every penny.

What makes this car really cool is its racing history, racing version was really beautiful! Here are some pics.

Cheers
    1600 GTA Stradale

Great and beautifull cars.
    The true Gran Turismo Allegerita's.

Were very succesfull at the racetracks.

But restoring the 105-series every 5 years because the rust more than the other models?
    I think you're confused with the Sud from the 70's/80's, those cars were notorious for rust.

Hello,1600 GTA
    could you please post some pictures of your GT Junior (and the process of converting it into GTA) Cheers.

That´s a real alfa, and not the crosswagon. and fiat has all the guilty. fiat finished with the good lancia´s and alfa´s
    Live and let die

Helo Revo,

Sorry for not responding earlier. Here are some of the pics. I bought already restored car, so I am just putting GTA parts on it, therefore there are no project car pics.

At the moment I just finalized rear end and wheels. In 3 weeks time the whole front end will be changed (gta mesh grill set with centre heart) and doors as well (gta push buttons). Then in phase 2 the interior will be changed and at some stage (when more money wil be available) the original twin spark 1600 engine has tp come inside!!!

Currently there is 1750 engine inside, with sporting cumshafts. It has around 120 HP. Great sound, lot of power, however, not the greatest acceleration.

Which Alfa do you have?

Cheers
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (306.8 KB, 75 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (422.9 KB, 99 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (374.2 KB, 68 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (367.7 KB, 55 views)
    1600 GTA Stradale

Hey, what a brilliant looking piece of machinery.
    Good luck on your project. Great to have fellow Alfista over here.
    Now, care to tell us your whereabouts. Judging from the pictures might be Switzerland, Slovenia, Austria or thereabout?

Quote Originally Posted by 1600 GTA
    ....In 3 weeks time the whole front end will be changed (gta mesh grill set with centre heart) and doors as well (gta push buttons).
    Well, live and learn every day. I've never noticed that GTA had push buttons.

Which Alfa do you have?
    Sadly I am just another wannabe using Alfa logo here in forum and public transport in real life. Actually I've been looking for nice second hand Alfa for about six months, not very actively though. Have been super busy at work. Cheers.

Good spot Revo. Actually I am in Croatia! Amazing how you manage to spot that just according to the pictures!

Which Alfa would you like to buy?
    1600 GTA Stradale

Well Revo, you got your heart on the right place.

How more alfisti, the better.

Ciao, Arjan.

@1600 GTA: Here's an 155/GTV6 owner.

Good spot Revo. Actually I am in Croatia! Amazing how you manage to spot that just according to the pictures!
    Your pictures showed some pretty steep mountains ---> Alpines was my instant thought.

Which Alfa would you like to buy?
    I'd like to own some late model 155 or 164 (really classics already IMO ) for every day use. These two are really rare over here, so maybe I'll just settle for 156 which in turn is quite common hereabout.Cheers.

Without a doubt these are very cool looking cars. But beautiful? I dont think so. Beautiful is curves and lines and such. But thats just my opinion. Very nice car you have and I hope you have many happy years and miles with it.

You know very little. The only Alfa Romeos that had an exceptional rust problem were the Alfetta model line due to Alfa Romeo using recycled steel of a poor quality. Otherwise These Alfa Romeos were not prone to rust anymore than any other car.

[QUOTE=night rider]You know very little.

From my understanding of all Alfa Bertone books ever published in english they are very prone to rust. I currently own 3 bodyshells and every Alfa Bertone member that I know fights the same problem.

I do not know if you own the car and where are you from, but maybe they do not rust in California or southern Italy, but they definitely do in parts of the world where it rains a lot.

Nice to have expert like you in the forum Maybe you can consult us on various issues!
    1600 GTA Stradale

I'm new to the site and have to say I share the love for these cars. Here are some pictures of my first Alfa.

Thread Information