Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kia Amanti

Kia Amanti

IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 1, 2006 – For 2006, the Kia Amanti continues with the unique combination of luxury, style and performance and value that helped it earn the 2005 J.D. Power and Associates APEAL Award in the mid-size sedan segment. The Amanti has impressed many since its introduction two years ago, and Kia continues to enhance its flagship sedan.

The most significant refinement to the 2006 Amanti is the addition of several luxury appointments as standard equipment, including leather seats, heated front seats, auto-dimming rear view mirror with HomeLink® system and power sunroof. Also new for 2006 is the available Infinity Package, which includes an Infinity 225-watt AM/FM/Cass/6-disc in-dash CD changer with nine speakers including a subwoofer, two-position memory setting for the driver’s seat and outside mirrors, and a four-inch monitor, which displays trip computer information, outside temperature and digital clock.

Kia broke the mold with the Amanti when it was first introduced two years ago.

To ensure that it stood out from the crowd, Kia designers focused on the Amanti's style and character both inside and out. This same philosophy holds true today. From its unique design featuring a European-influenced grille and scalloped hood to its elegantly appointed interior, the Amanti's "Neo-Classical" design cues exude a confidence and a personality that truly set it apart from the competition.

The front-wheel drive Amanti offers sophisticated technology, an impressive array of standard features and a strong V6 engine. Mated to a smooth-operating five-speed Sportmatic™ transmission, the 3.5-liter, DOHC 24-valve V6 develops 200 horsepower* at 5,500 rpm and 220 pound-feet of torque at 3,500 rpm. The Amanti delivers EPA fuel economy ratings of 17 city / 25 highway.

Within the 105.6 cubic feet of passenger space, Amanti passengers are enveloped in a luxurious blend of rich materials and natural forms. The interior builds on the sedan’s stylish exterior by continuing the same flowing lines and gently curved surfaces. Thanks to intelligent use of its 58.5 inches in height and 110.2-inch wheelbase, the Amanti offers 40 inches of front headroom and 44.5 inches of front legroom.

Credit the Amanti’s smooth ride to its fully independent suspension, featuring gas pressurized shocks, a front double wishbone and rear multi-link setup that provides dynamic characteristics most commonly associated with high-end luxury cars.

The power rack-and-pinion steering provides feedback from the stylish 16-inch alloy wheels and 225/60R16 tires. All Amantis are equipped with a full-size spare tire with alloy wheel.

Standard safety features include four anti-pinch windows, which senses obstructions and automatically rolls down the window, front active headrests and a best-in-class eight standard airbags – dual advanced front, front and rear seat-mounted side and full-length side curtain airbags. On the active safety front, Amanti features standard four-wheel disc antilock braking system (ABS) with electronic brake distribution (EBD), which apportions braking force front and back according to the vehicle’s load distribution.

Electronic stability control, traction control and brake assist are available in the affordably priced Electronic Stability Control package.

In addition to its numerous safety features, the Amanti's generous list of standard equipment includes dual zone automatic air conditioning, AM/FM/Cassette/CD audio system with six speakers, one-touch up-and-down power windows, power door locks with keyless remote, an eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar, a four-way power front passenger seat, a power sunroof with sliding sunshade and 16-inch alloy wheels including full-size spare with alloy.

The Amanti's ignition incorporates an immobilizer feature for theft protection as well as a “fail-safe” system to prevent the doors from being locked if the key is left in the ignition.

The Amanti’s trunk has ample storage capacity – 15.5 cubic feet – enough room for up to four sets of golf clubs. The high opening angle of the trunk lid is controlled by gas-assisted struts that protect cargo, and a luggage net restrains lighter items from rolling around in the trunk.

Like all Kia models, the Amanti is covered by a comprehensive warranty program, which offers unprecedented consumer protection. Included in the package are a 10-year or 100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty; a five-year or 60,000-mile limited basic warranty; and a five-year or 100,000-mile anti-perforation warranty. A five-year/60,000-mile roadside assistance plan is also part of the comprehensive coverage program.

Kia Amanti #1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kia Amanti #2

Kia Amanti #3

Why are they trying to imitate other car brands.

But its called Kia Opirus here in Europe

I know you were wondering how on earth could you live without a bucketload of Kia Opirus pictures. Worry no more #4
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I know you were wondering how on earth could you live without a bucketload of Kia Opirus pictures. Worry no more #5
    Visca Catalunya!

Makes me all tingly.

'Course, it could be nerve damage.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

I know you were wondering how on earth could you live without a bucketload of Kia Opirus pictures. Worry no more #6
    Visca Catalunya!

I know you were wondering how on earth could you live without a bucketload of Kia Opirus pictures. Worry no more #7
    Visca Catalunya!

I know you were wondering how on earth could you live without a bucketload of Kia Opirus pictures. Worry no more #8
    Visca Catalunya!

I know you were wondering how on earth could you live without a bucketload of Kia Opirus pictures. Worry no more #9
    Visca Catalunya!

I know you were wondering how on earth could you live without a bucketload of Kia Opirus pictures. Worry no more #10
    Visca Catalunya!

I always made sure to take at least one shot of an opirus at motorshows even in remote places as far as Almaty. You would never know if it was going to be the last opportunity...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I know you were wondering how on earth could you live without a bucketload of Kia Opirus pictures. Worry no more #4
    Thank you, so, so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I know you were wondering how on earth could you live without a bucketload of Kia Opirus pictures. Worry no more #10
    It is hard to imagine what Opirus fans would do without this treasure trove.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Thread Information