Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renault Megane RS F1 Team

Renault Megane RS F1 Team

Renault celebrates its F1 titel with a special version of the Megane RS. The car has the same 225 hp engine as a standard RS, but it has a special sport suspension. It also has a special blue interior. The car has also black rims and some stickers that of course refere to the F1 Team.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (70.6 KB, 48 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (71.6 KB, 46 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (69.9 KB, 28 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (55.5 KB, 42 views)
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Renault Mégane F1 Team #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (39.3 KB, 30 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (48.7 KB, 18 views)
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

they could have at least upgraded the engine if it's to celebrate their F1 championship.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    they could have at least upgraded the engine if it's to celebrate their F1 championship.
    You don't think 225 bhp on the front wheels is sufficient? This car got top marks in EVO's COTY contest.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    You don't think 225 bhp on the front wheels is sufficient? This car got top marks in EVO's COTY contest.
    Now that I didn't know. But they've already got the normal RS with the same power. I know the suspension has been uprated but surely more could have been done.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

or going from next year they could redice it to 3 cylinders, 150bhp and make it a diesel
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Now that I didn't know. But they've already got the normal RS with the same power. I know the suspension has been uprated but surely more could have been done.
    Better isn't all about power

More power can make you go backwards sometimes as it can make the car MORE difficult to drive fast - outside of a straight line drag strip
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Didnt they do the same with the Clio 182? All they did with the final version was to upgrade the suspension (more expensive brushes or summin...sorry my info is limited) but the car was said to be transformed.
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    Didnt they do the same with the Clio 182? All they did with the final version was to upgrade the suspension (more expensive brushes or summin...sorry my info is limited) but the car was said to be transformed.
    They dropped the weight on the special version 182s. or did you mean the 172 -> 182 ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Just looked it up, it was the 182 Trophy.

http://www.autocarmagazine.com/First....asp?RT=216093

Quote Originally Posted by Autocar Magazine
    they’ve done something that sounds unexceptional, but which in practice results in a car so complete in its role as the ultimate supermini-warrior that everyone should get a drive in one. And the nature of the modification? They’ve put some expensive dampers on it.

Doesn’t sound like much, but it turns what was already a car capable of shaming much more expensive machinery over most roads into something otherworldly. I have never driven a car like it. There are faster hot hatches, and some have more exceptional abilities in specific areas, but none adheres to the basic premise of what a hot hatch should do, nor the type of driving experience one should offer like this car.
    Theres some unbelievable praising in the article, if only we could try it for ourselves!!
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    Just looked it up, it was the 182 Trophy.

http://www.autocarmagazine.com/First....asp?RT=216093

Theres some unbelievable praising in the article, if only we could try it for ourselves!!
    WHy not ? THere's 4 of them on sale on autotrader right NOW !! ANd at good price for what you are getting
    http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW...ch_full=SEARCH

I was thinking of the Garros version of the 172 which stripped the interior Not hte 182. Cleared that up. Cheers.
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 12-30-2005 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    It was the Clio 182 Trophy that acheived the best marks in the COTY awards. The Megane didn't do quite aswell, though it certainly didn't disgrace itself.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

loving that handbreak lever.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    It was the Clio 182 Trophy that acheived the best marks in the COTY awards. The Megane didn't do quite aswell, though it certainly didn't disgrace itself.
    Yeah the Clio did better, but there were not many other family cars in the line-up.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Too bad the Megane RS F1 isn't available in the US

Thread Information