Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nissan Skyline GTR R34

21 87.50%
  • Mitsubishi 3000GT

3 12.50%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan Skyline GTR R34 vs Mistsubishi 3000GT

The early 3000GT's like in Juiced looked crap. The later models looked better. But it doesn't matter because the Skyline's better, against the later or older model.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

but when about a gazillion people drive skylines something different is welcome..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by HSVLVR
    The early 3000GT's like in Juiced looked crap. The later models looked better. But it doesn't matter because the Skyline's better, against the later or older model.
    lol.the latter modles are the same cars with diffrent head light and bumper.and skyline is not better.only the R33r and R34 GT-R are faster in corners.still vr4 has stronger engine.

But it doesn't change the fact that it's the exact same car.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!

I dunno about you guys but I love the styling of the 3000gt always have. As in a battle, The 3000 has a lot of little gadgets not mentioned yet, besides the all-wheel steering and all-wheel drive, its got active aero dynamics, 94-97 (I think). It would lower a front spoiler down above a certain speed and increase the downforce at the back. Now whether they will make much of a difference compared with the huge weight, I dont know. But as far with a car I would drive every day ->3000gt vr-4 but as the fastest around the track, I think the skyline may pull ahead because of more advanced technology.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
    I dunno about you guys but I love the styling of the 3000gt always have. As in a battle, The 3000 has a lot of little gadgets not mentioned yet, besides the all-wheel steering and all-wheel drive, its got active aero dynamics, 94-97 (I think). It would lower a front spoiler down above a certain speed and increase the downforce at the back. Now whether they will make much of a difference compared with the huge weight, I dont know. But as far with a car I would drive every day ->3000gt vr-4 but as the fastest around the track, I think the skyline may pull ahead because of more advanced technology.
    yep vr4 has alot of options that skyline don't .like that active spoiler on the front and back wich are from 1990 to 1996 it works from 50+ mph..the car will ge lower from 80+ mph ,it has ESC,it has active muffler and alot more.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I prefer the Skyline's body, but the Mitsu's 3.0l TT if I had to use it as a daily driver (I'm no track fiend, so that doesn't even enter the equation for me here). On that basis, it's pretty had to dicide between the two...

The killer is that I'd have to import the Skyline here which would be ridiculously expensive.

Win = Mitsu.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Ok, the skyline once held the fastest lap time on the "Ring" for a production car, so I would have to go with the R34. The VR4 is too fat and heavy to beat up a R34. The VR4 is simply over ratted.

Quote Originally Posted by 96BattleWagon
    Ok, the skyline once held the fastest lap time on the "Ring" for a production car, so I would have to go with the R34. The VR4 is too fat and heavy to beat up a R34. The VR4 is simply over ratted.
    it was unofficial. Plus, the R34's pretty heavy, so it's probably as heavy as the VR4.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    3000 GT VR-4?

You guys answer as if there was no competition whatsoever.

3000GT VR-4 = 3810lbs - 320hp - 315lbs torque = 0.083bhp/lbs
    R34 = 3672lbs - 280hp - 289lbs torque = 0.076bhp/lbs

Says the 3672.9lbs Skyline

I do actually believe that the R34 would win, but it pisses me off how everybody just jumps to conclusions. I'll search for track times once I get home.

EDIT: The 3000GT is the one with the better power-to-weight ratio, I gave 0.083 to the Skyline by mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    it was unofficial. Plus, the R34's pretty heavy, so it's probably as heavy as the VR4.
    please read posts
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123
    please read posts
    hmm I'm not that far off.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Sure, the R34 may not be the lightest car on the road, but it is still 200+ pounds lighter than the VR4. On paper, that 200 pounds may not seem like alot, but I'm sure that the driver would be able to feel them. Plus, you've got to remember that the hp ratings for the R34 were still "restricted" to 276 (or 280) by that unwriten Japanese manufactor rule. The RB26DETT really made somewhere between 320hp and 330hp. And then you could get into the arguement on which car has the better AWD system (I am leaning toward the R34). Just thought I might mention that.

Sure, the R34 may not be the lightest car on the road, but it is still 200+ pounds lighter than the VR4. On paper, that 200 pounds may not seem like alot, but I'm sure that the driver would be able to feel them. Plus, you've got to remember that the hp ratings for the R34 were still "restricted" to 276 (or 280) by that unwriten Japanese manufactor rule. The RB26DETT really made somewhere between 320hp and 330hp. And then you could get into the arguement on which car has the better AWD system (I am leaning toward the R34). Just thought I might mention that.
    Um.... I kinda knew all that, so you just wasted your time.
    I personally think the R34 will win.

r34 is less than 130lbs lighter.that's less than average of a passenger,but yea it has 30 to 40 more WHP that vr4.

I personally think the R34 will win.
    You're not alone. I also think the R34 will not only win, it'll kick some Japanese arse(even though the Skyline's not any better, if you know waht I mean).
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!

Thread Information