View Poll Results: Which one would you rather have?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mustang Saleen S281

34 54.84%
  • Mustang Cobra SVT

28 45.16%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mustang Cobra Vs Mustang Saleen

That's a tough choice, I would like to see times around a track like Lime Rock or Sears Point. While HP and 0 to 60 is important to me, so is handling. What good is all that power if it won't turn!? If I had to choose, I'd go for the better handling of the two...or three if you include the Roush.

Anyone got track times on any of these cars??
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Cobra-the thing's so powerful that Northpoint Ford of Chicago doesn't let people test drive them for fear they might lose control and crash them!
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

the saleen without a doubt........everywhere i look anymore, i see a cobra.........hotwheels
    1992 mustang gt twinturbo'd
    1988 mustang gt bottlefed
    2004 mach 1 resting in garage
    see pic's of my car's at www.turborides.com

Funny, I've barely ever seen a Cobra, only about 3 ever. I've seen massive amounts of Saleen's. I live in a big city, how could you see loads of Cobra's in Wyoming????
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

hmmm

For the money the SVT Cobra is beter and it is a 6 Spd. SVT does well with making things VERY fast ( IE Cobra R ) Saleen is a Super MUSTANG GT ... not a Cobra. Good Design all around but I still like the snake from SVT !
    "At 200 MPH nothing is your friend."

I went over to the Roush web page and found that they use among others these engines:

Ford 402 CID 500 HP

Ford 427 CID 550 HP

I'll take the Roush Mustangs!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Neither...if I were gonna get a special model Mustang, I'd look for a Shelby
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Don't like this Mustang. The Saleen looks pretty cool but this Mustang is missing what the original model had. I would take a 60's model anyday.

I visited Saleen's web stie and the up coming 2005 S-281E will have a 500HP engine. I'll change my vote for Saleen Oh, the 2005 S-281 puts out 400 HP now.

Interesting discussion, I have been wrestling over the two for the past couple of monthes. I'm in the market for a high end mustang and have studied both cars. In the end, I chose the cobra. The cobra is an all around better car for the money. I can get an 03-04 with a warrenty still on it with under 10k miles for around $25k. The only saleens you can get for $25 are 99-01's with no warrenty. The cobra has irs, a 6spd, dohc motor, suead leather seats and are mean as hell. The saleen is nothing more than a beefed up gt with a nice body kit. There is a lot more potential in the cobra. It is just as fast as the cobra R and it even has AC and a decent sound system. The saleen is good looking, but will not hang with a cobra reguardless of what anyone here says. Something that might be interesting to you guys is that there is however, saleen cobra, but it is very rare and pricey.

Great. good for you. please don't dig up threads that are almost 1 MONTH old!!!!??? All you newbies are the same. Just please don't do it. Welcome and have fun on ucp
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Great. good for you. please don't dig up threads that are almost 1 MONTH old!!!!??? All you newbies are the same. Just please don't do it. Welcome and have fun on ucp
    He did have some good/interesting points and the thread is as you say only 1 month old.

Reviving it with something such as "My cobra can kick your Saleen's butt" would definitely deserve your comment.... But his post IMO doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    He did have some good/interesting points and the thread is as you say only 1 month old.

Reviving it with something such as "My cobra can kick your Saleen's butt" would definitely deserve your comment.... But his post IMO doesn't.
    well sorry satta. Its just recently alot of newbies have been digging old threads up and its really getting old fast
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Thread Information