Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pontiac GTO Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    what figures are those engines pushing? a company here called APS just released a twin turbo kit on the LS1 that can pump out from 400kw to 700kw
    The twin turbo and supercharged 427 are 800+ HP dude, I'm not sure how that translates to kw though, sorry
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

that'd be getting about 600kw i think
    I am the Stig

Well I reckon the GTO looks much, much too bulky and tame to deserve a fast name like GTO. It needs to slim down a bit, bigger, chrome rims and get some bonnet vents and racing stripes ( ) and then it will look great.

Performance, and build wise the GTO is a great car; however, I don't quite understand why people thought the old GTO was "radical in design", for all it was (design wise) was a 2-door version of a popular Pontiac family sedan back then (can't recale the name).

Anyhow, 2008/2009 you will see a whole new design, and a whole new RWD architecture .

its gunna be earlier than then, considering the VE commodore is a year and a half way
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    The twin turbo and supercharged 427 are 800+ HP dude, I'm not sure how that translates to kw though, sorry
    twin turbo 427 800+hp!! What a WEAPON!!!!
    coltyu. d;-)!

Quote Originally Posted by distress
    Performance, and build wise the GTO is a great car; however, I don't quite understand why people thought the old GTO was "radical in design", for all it was (design wise) was a 2-door version of a popular Pontiac family sedan back then (can't recale the name).

Anyhow, 2008/2009 you will see a whole new design, and a whole new RWD architecture .
    It was the Tempest. Pontiac also made a "baby" GTO called the LeMans, my friend owned a 65, pretty cool car. People just expected better perfomance, the GTO back in the day was an absolute monster that kids could afford.

You guys are right the monaro shouldn't be called GTO it's a insult to the monaro's name.
    As FPV_GTHO said back when monaro came out it looked nothing like the old First Monaro's, People were mad and still are, But the car still had the tag from many Motoring mags, the best looking car on the road in Australia, Now car are changing and it's finally got a face lift but the first feelings it had back in 2002 arn't there anymore, You see people back in 2002 almost smashing to see it, Or people j-walking just to grab a view of it, Old men just retireing and spending there retirment money on buying one, Or like some i know buy 2 of them and pay what you can afford then sell them and pay what you can back just so you can say i had one, Now that's desperate, It's a car that still turns heads but it's expensive so not many will ever get to own one

Also i read that capa was building a 700kw+ supercharger for the LS1
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Well theyve been playing around with a Crewman at Mallala so ive heard, so they seem to be doing more development ontop of their 560kw kit
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Well theyve been playing around with a Crewman at Mallala so ive heard, so they seem to be doing more development ontop of their 560kw kit
    But everywhere i look i cant find it now, But i know i seen it it's shitting me .
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I think the new GTO looks nice. It's a four door sedan, not a sportscar. I like the idea of a sleeper car.

Its a 2 door coupe......badge engineered from ANOTHER coupe, BASED on a 4 door sedan...
    I am the Stig

The GTO has the potential to look much better then what it does.
    coltyu. d;-)!

Thread Information