Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: gumball 3000 Official Thread

WELL GUYS, DUST OFF YOUR CAMERAS...ITS BEEN A MONTH!! Try and get a quick pic/vid or two of some street racing craziness

So post 'em if you got 'em!

This was from the internet. I guess this is in London on the 25th

I guess this guy was late to that meeting in London (25th)

This is Max's new car this year (different from his usual Ferrari with the 01)

At least its not pink

I remember those last few pics! there are two threads on them.(although the last two look like new angles we havn't seen.

Like I said right, be on the look-out in europe. Right Now they are headed to Vienna believe it or not

Here's an entrant I am going to be on the look out for. If this guy doesn't crash he'll definitely be on the run from the cops.

He is some guy who is half Irish and half Siberian who goes by the name of 'Tork' or his well known new name 'Torquestein'.

http://www.torquenstein.net/images/whoIsImages/06.gif

This bloke has a Ford GT that he's entering and he pretty much has every intention of not slowing down. Here it is.

http://www.torquenstein.net/images/T...ly/Tork_GT.jpg
    http://www.torquenstein.net/images/T..._ford_gt_2.jpg

And by not slowing down...well...I don't mean he has no brakes on the car, I mean he has everything to pretty much keep him out of trouble. Here are his 'little upgrades' that he decided to put on his car for the race.

550 BHP
    0-60 in 3.3 Sec
    1/4 mile: 11.6 @ 128 mph
    5.4 L SuperCharged v8
    Coupe
    Black

Modifications:
    CB
    Scanner
    Valentine One (Euro mode)
    Valentine One (Non Euro)
    Bel STI Driver radar detector - Completely RDD invisible
    M40 Laser Jammer (front)
    M20 Laser jammer (Rear)
    Lidatek LE30 laser Jammer Front/Rear
    VF2 Photo Jammer (Rear license plate)
    Rear camera
    MIRT system (Non-U.S. use only)
    Front High Intensity LED Lights (Traffic clearing in cities)
    Garmin 2620 GPS

This guy will more or less drive off a cliff or die rather than get caught. I guess in the first one he entered (2004-Viper) he crashed and doesn't seem to care. Since this is his second he's entering, he may want to go for 2-for-2 with his GT, but who knows.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 04-30-2006 at 01:07 AM.

There was a guy a few years ago who had a CLK DTM AMG that a whole heap of jammers, apparently so much RF energy was coming out of it it was sending automatic toilets insane at rest areas on highways. And please attach those damn photos!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Yes, please attach those photos. There is a rule we use, called the 800x600 rule. If a photo is over 800x600 pixels it must be attached.

Quote Originally Posted by .M.
    Like I said right, be on the look-out in europe. Right Now they are headed to Vienna believe it or not
    I guess you are still going to do this, so at least do it right... there is plenty of fresh information.

For starters Gumball starts tomorrow (sunday) evening... "right now" all cars are in a garage and they will display them at Pall Mall. The photos you posted from the "25th" was the arrival in Cannes a few years ago (i think); and all the cars you posted are from previous editions, EXCEPT those in the transporters. Those were going to an exotic car dealer event in norway a few months ago. There are photos already out there of the cars actually participating in this years rally.

Check the official website, or one of the many participant entrants. Google is your friend.

And please DO use the attachment feature...
    Last edited by magracer; 04-29-2006 at 05:59 PM.
    Zag when they Zig

the pictures I grabbed were from the Euro Security Camera Database which was posted on April 26th, 2006. If they bollocks up...ooops on there part and I guess i'll take the blame.

The Tork Car is of this year (he never entered in 2005-entered in 2004 w/viper and destroyed it...theres a vid on IMV...pretty gruesome).

The cars in the transporters, which was not in the same post as the previous, were taken in January 2006 (theres no stickers yet on the cars).

As for me mentioning Vienna, I made the mistake in thinking it was the 30th already.

For the heck of it I'll post the schedule up so everyone knows where everyone is going to be at:

April 30 <-TO-> May 7

April 29 - Registration / followed London Launch party (Including the UK Premiere of ‘Drivin’ Me Crazy)

April 30 - London to Brussels (Royal Palace checkpoint) to Vienna

May 1 - Vienna to Budapest

May 2 - Budapest to Belgrade to Phuket (Thailand)

May 3 - Phuket (party on the beach)

May 4 - Phuket to Bangkok (Party hosted by the Thai Royal family)

May 5 - Bangkok to Salt Lake City (Premiere of Mission Impossible III)

May 6 - Salt Lake City to Miller Park Raceway to Las Vegas (Snoop Dogg performance)

May 7 - Las Vegas to Death Valley to Los Angeles (Rodeo Drive) (Finish party at the Playboy Mansion)

Ah yes now would be a good time for me to buy a Ferrari and play a little keep up.

The cars in the transporters, which was not in the same post as the previous, were taken in January 2006 (theres no stickers yet on the cars).
    What are you on man?? Where did you get that info? Those cars on the transporter was used to celebrate the 10th aniversary of ,as said before, an exotic car dealer called Autostrada in Skien Norway. I think it was in october 2005... The cars was lend out from several different car dealers in france and other countries in europe.. What do you think about this?? All those cars are still on the same trailer????? As from oct. 05?? Don't you think the dealerships are interested in selling the cars? or did one guy buy them all? and decided to participate with all of them in the gumball? I think you shuld check your info a couple of times before you post it.. And don't claim those pics of the transporter are from jan 06.. there is a thread in here when it was up.. but I don't have time now to look it up now..

I'm looking right now and I found these pics on another site dated Nov. 6/05...but the site I found them on stated "The cars for the new rally season have arrived!".

Use the attachment system please and if you really have to don't post images inline larger than 800x600 pixels.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I'm looking right now and I found these pics on another site dated Nov. 6/05...but the site I found them on stated "The cars for the new rally season have arrived!".
    And rally season means gumball season??
    Was this an official gumball site? Or maybe it was a joke for fan-boys to get more exited about the gumball?

Edit: Found one of the first threads about this trailer and it`s history..http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ht=Transporter
    And the date is: 28.10.2005...
    And it`s the same pics you posted..
    Last edited by LotusLocost; 04-30-2006 at 10:17 AM.

Thread Information