Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: User's rides does and don'ts

It's very true. My appologies. But i deffinatly agree with you too. Some stuff gets a bit rediculious. Has anyone seen the thread about the Japanese cars and parts over night? Thats themost rediculous one i've seen since the one about the kids uncles dealership. And the enzos. But i should have pics tomorrow. Hopefully.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Quote Originally Posted by Godlaus
    My point is that there are E-tards out there who hide behind the veil of anonymointy, and try to do things like that. Go to cardomain, rip some pics of a car, and post them here to make us believe that they're theirs.

I think that a rule should be that if you're going to post pics of your car, you have to perform an Egg-Nog test, in order to keep the thread from beng deleted. Otherwise, it just turns into a flame war, and people throwing sht everywhere.

If we continue as we are now, with the Egg-nog being an added bonus, then people can do what I just did, and say 'I own a Koenig F50, here's some pics'. And we basically become tools in their sick little minds. We can cut down on the number of people lying by making the Egg-Nog a mandatory.

Anybody agree/disagree with me?
    I disagree, the "Egg Nog/Proof of Ownership" test is something that can be requested .... but in a polite way, most people who mention what they own are new members, the way some people demand "the test" does not invite them to stay with us.

I also think "the test" should be used when members claim to have a rare, unusual or expensive car, no one( ) has ever demanded my '91 Integra 4 door 5 speed be Egg Nogged.

My 89 Supra was requested to be eggnoged. I dunno if its rare or what not. They arent that common, but arent extremely hard to come by. And its neither expensive, nor unusual. At least i dont think so. Then agian, its sitting in my garage, so it would be viewed different by people other than myself.

2006 Scion tC..

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    I also think "the test" should be used when members claim to have a rare, unusual or expensive car, no one( ) has ever demanded my '91 Integra 4 door 5 speed be Egg Nogged.
    I need proof! Why didn't you tell us earlier that you drove such a precious rarity!

It can't be too much worse than the '90 Jetta I'm driving at the moment. Happy New Year Dave

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    I disagree, the "Egg Nog/Proof of Ownership" test is something that can be requested .... but in a polite way, most people who mention what they own are new members, the way some people demand "the test" does not invite them to stay with us.

agree on that ... that egg nog test is a silly idea

Obviously I'm new to this site or I wouldn't be asking, "What's egg nog?" besides that white gooey x-mas drink that makes it easier to deal with your family?

To my knowledge Egg Nog came up with the test
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I'm a bit slow, but I get it now. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyx38
    Obviously I'm new to this site or I wouldn't be asking, "What's egg nog?" besides that white gooey x-mas drink that makes it easier to deal with your family?
    welcome, and I am glad you have the same opinion about the drink...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Personally I think this Egg Nog thing has gone a bit too far, but that's just me... Even if it is done "politely" I don't think a request should be first reply to a new member. Besides it's usually not that hard to tell who's telling the truth and who's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    welcome, and I am glad you have the same opinion about the drink...
    C'moon guys... Will everyone let this opportunity pass to crack a joke about W?
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Yeah it does kinda drive people away. But i guess sometimes the first impression really does count. Some people like to welcome members of this site with bs, or they tell the truth and are welcomed. I guess eggnogg kind of a making or breaking point to members that lie. But if you lie, you suffer the debt. I still think it should be instated on all "car owning" threads. It kinda cracks down on air heads running around telling of cars they dont own.

2006 Scion tC..

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Personally I think this Egg Nog thing has gone a bit too far, but that's just me... Even if it is done "politely" I don't think a request should be first reply to a new member. Besides it's usually not that hard to tell who's telling the truth and who's not.
    The problen in any selective rule is that there will always be epoelp who feel they shouldn't be included - so if "egg-nog" gets the reputation that it is only the idiots and liars that get checked then it becomes a BIGGER insult to ask someone to do it.
    Rules are simpler and less intrusive if they are applied all the time.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    The problen in any selective rule is that there will always be epoelp who feel they shouldn't be included - so if "egg-nog" gets the reputation that it is only the idiots and liars that get checked then it becomes a BIGGER insult to ask someone to do it.
    Rules are simpler and less intrusive if they are applied all the time.
    Very true. But when a member joins and post pics of his car I don't think a first post of "we have this thing called a egg-nog test etc..." is suitable without even so much as a compliment or a welcome. There are smoother ways to put it.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Very true. But when a member joins and post pics of his car I don't think a first post of "we have this thing called a egg-nog test etc..." is suitable without even so much as a compliment or a welcome. There are smoother ways to put it.
    good point, I was assumign the first thing woudl be a welcome
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    good point, I was assumign the first thing woudl be a welcome
    well there recently was a case of a new member who commented upon some cars and casually mentioning what he owned. (and I am sure he does own those cars, and a whole lot more ) I thought it wise to PM him about a possible request to "eggnog" things, but up till now nobody has found out.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information