Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody got a wii?

anybody got a wii?

anyone here got a wii? i got my fiance one for her birthday. i was a bit sceptical about it at first but i gotta say im kinda hooked on it now.

i rented mario and thats pretty sweet. anyone reccommend any games that both me and her will find fun? she loves the wii sports tennis but she's not too fond of mario.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

with my budget i'm more sceptical about buying one because i got my ps3 for all of its features. it does everything. but id have to splash all the money out for a Wii just so i can play fun games on a weekend. I dunno.. its fun. But I'd only get one after I got all the other things I want.

we got one last year and we love it. we have:
    strikers charger (AWESOME!)
    mario galaxy (awesome!)
    pga tour 08 (AWESOME!)
    wario ware (pretty fun, not alone)
    nfs carbon (repetitive but decent, there are a few abstract steering options)
    mario party 8 (great party game, again not an alone game)
    madden 07 (eh)
    guitar hero 3 (pretty fun with a group, guitar is cool, some good songs)
    wii play (some pretty interesting games but we just got it for the controller)
    sonic vs mario olympic (couple interesting games, alot of wiimote-ing, pretty fun)
    wii sports (you know already)
    some disney princess game for my little sister (hell if i know)
    ..and i think some more that i skipped. have you hooked it up to the internet yet?

I got one last february along with Zelda: Twilight Princess. That's a good game if you like that sort of thing. I bought Mario Party 8 next and that is a pretty good game if you have people to play with. Next purchased game was Mario Galaxy and I think that is a very high quality game. I've tried playing Mario with one person holding the wiimote, and one person doing the nunchuk and although you wouldn't want to try the hard levels like this it provides some interestingly fun two player entertainment. I'm really looking forward to Super Smash Bros Brawl as well which comes out in march i think.

i cant wait till smash bros and mario kart, previews look amazing.

and you know you can actually play a 2 player mode in galaxy? player 2 can come in and have a cursor on the screen, but they are limited to holding enemies still and picking up all the gems and stuff. and apparently theres something once you find luigi too, but i dunno about that

EDIT: apparently you just get to play as luigi, and the second player can also help you jump.

When will mario kart be coming out?

And yea i know they have a two player mode in Galaxy but its pretty boring for player two. Trust me its much more fun and interesting when splitting up the nunchuk and wiimote between two people.

golf games, both Wii Golf and Tiger Woods 08, only time ever I felt golf is fun....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

We've only got Wii Sports and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. Both great fun to play with a group of people. Planning on buying Tiger Woods too, supposed to be cool.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by deffenbaugh03 View Post
    And yea i know they have a two player mode in Galaxy but its pretty boring for player two. Trust me its much more fun and interesting when splitting up the nunchuk and wiimote between two people.
    ha, that reminds me of when I used to play the first half-life like that. One person gets the mouse the other gets the keyboard.

Metroid Prime 3: My favorite game for the wii so far.
    Zelda: Close 2nd.
    Galaxy: I hardly play it. I was just underwhelmed. I play more VC mario games.
    Umbrella Chronicles: OK amount of fun. Only play 2 player.
    Warioware: Pretty fun, wouldnt play alone.
    ProStreet: Not a real car simulator but I guess the closest on the wii.

Like everyone else, I'm waiting for brawl and kart but I may check out No more heroes sometime.
    You can call me scott.

Another vote here for Tiger Woods.
    For a bit of drunken fun then Rayman - Raving Rabbids 2
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

in reply to what cotterink said...i agree, i would never sell my 360 for a wii but i gotta say im impressed so far. i originally thought the wii was sort of a gimmick but i like it and i think itll get better with time. i reccommend getting one if youve got some extra cash...plus games are cheaper on it which is nice. its great if you've got a girlfriend or fiance or something.

i got wii play for the controller but i got hooked on that little tank game for it...man that game is awsome. haha.

i rented that sonic olympic game and i thought it was pretty cool but i dunno if i would ever buy it its kinda repetative.

Chris98891: Yes i have hooked mine up to the internet...i was impressed it came with built in wireless rather than having to buy one like on 360 but i havent figured out how to add any friends or anything like that. my friend scott has one and i'd love to look him up on there. does anyone know how to?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

For those who don't have this wonderful little toy can move on to the next thread. For every one else...

Let's be Mii friends! I've just found out how to add in Wii friends (must have an Internet connection on the Wii for this to work):

1) Go to the Wii address book by following the message icon (bottom right), then select create message. Make a note of your Wii number.
    2) Add my Wii number to your address book with the Register button
    3) Set your Mii character to "mingle" in your Mii configuration screen (where you set the nose, mouth etc.)

Check back in the Mii plaza every now and again and you'll soon find me there (Mii's can only travel if both players enter each others code).

Peter.

Add your Wii number to this list:

MetA: 2603 1767 7244 3793
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

You guys forgot about Paper Mario. It's a very nostalgic game, and very good too.

I would recommend Zelda and Mario Galaxy, as you guys have said.

It's a wonderful party machine (i.e. not alone) for games such as Mario Party, etc.

Brawl should be interesting, and Mario Kart as well.

ummm... about wii's

i don't have a wii, but i have a 360. THAT THING ROCKS!!!!!!! Get a XBOX 360, because they have great graphics, plus it has PGR4. PGR4 is the most realistic driving game I've played, but the damage on that game is kinda retarded. My favorite car on that game is the F50 GT1

matra et alpine. ill look you up once i get home from work. then ill post my wii adress on here.

Thread Information