Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new porsche 911 is ugly

new porsche 911 is ugly

here's my attempt at making a controversial thread.
    anyway i htink the new porsches are sort of ugly, like the 911, the 911 GT3, all of them. in comparison i think that the current porsches are ugly compared to the good old days in the sixties, however i don't have a pic of a n old 911, it looked better than the new one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    here's my attempt at making a controversial thread.
    anyway i htink the new porsches are sort of ugly, like the 911, the 911 GT3, all of them. in comparison i think that the current porsches are ugly compared to the good old days in the sixties, however i don't have a pic of a n old 911, it looked better than the new one.
    no i think the new ones are better but the problem is that all porsches are similar and can t know the difference betwwen them

even after looking at these pics would you say that the new ones look better?

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    no i think the new ones are better but the problem is that all porsches are similar and can t know the difference betwwen them
    Wheras up to this point, all BMWs look completely different...

Anyway, Batmobile, seeing as you said that it's your opinion and it's a matter of asthetics, it can't really be too controversial. Nevertheless, I like the idea of the thread. +1

I think you'll be very happy to hear about one of my favorite classic revivals: PGO's (French Company) 356 Classic and Speedster II models. They've produced an original-style body shell and offered many engine and chassis options. The base 356 Classic comes with a 90hp air-cooled VW 1.6-litre flat four. The Speedster II is pretty quick, with a 138 DIN horsepower Peugeot 206 unit. Did I mention it weighs 880kg?

Picture #1: PGO's 356 Classic
    Picture #2: PGO's Speedster II

I like Porsches, but I have to agree. The 996 and up coming 997 designs are sort of ugly.
    The 80's, earley and mid 90's Porsche were the best. I like the older 993 design and the 959 and 911 designs from the 80's.

I don't know, I kindof like the new ones...though my father had a 911 and it was good looking (I can't for the life of me remember the year...he had it when I was fiveish ^_^) and eggnoggs car is very nice, so I guess it just really depends on the model
    www.upper6.com
    For those who have nothing better to do

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Anyway, Batmobile, seeing as you said that it's your opinion and it's a matter of asthetics, it can't really be too controversial. Nevertheless, I like the idea of the thread. +1

I think you'll be very happy to hear about one of my favorite classic revivals: PGO's (French Company) 356 Classic and Speedster II models. They've produced an original-style body shell and offered many engine and chassis options. The base 356 Classic comes with a 90hp air-cooled VW 1.6-litre flat four. The Speedster II is pretty quick, with a 138 DIN horsepower Peugeot 206 unit. Did I mention it weighs 880kg?

Picture #1: PGO's 356 Classic
    Picture #2: PGO's Speedster II
    thank you very much for the info, i'd get a classic because of my VW fanism. anyway this article http://www.sniffpetrol.com/issue005.html showed me that someone else actually agreed with my opinion, that the "evolution" of the 911 made it ugly.

my favourite model 911 would have to be the 964 with its pronounced circular headlights. although i still like the new shape its straying from the classic 911 shape in the front at least
    I am the Stig

I don't find any 911 ugly, to me the newer ones are not ugly but a natural progression in a truly timeless design, aging gracefully at 40 yrs old.

Its basic shape/design hasn't changed much over the years, and it is still an unbelieveably popular car ... a dream car for at least 2 generations of people, hardly a task for an "ugly" car.

Aside from the VW Bug, is there a more identifiable car than the 911? Even people who are not car enthusiats know a 911 ... worldwide even !!

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    I don't find any 911 ugly, to me the newer ones are not ugly but a natural progression in a truly timeless design, aging gracefully at 40 yrs old.

Its basic shape/design hasn't changed much over the years, and it is still an unbelieveably popular car ... a dream car for at least 2 generations of people, hardly a task for an "ugly" car.

Aside from the VW Bug, is there a more identifiable car than the 911? Even
    people who are not car enthusiats know a 911 ... worldwide even !!
    i agree with the statement "a truely timeless design" because i'm only 15 and i like the ones from the 1960s more thant he current ones. i don't hate the new ones, i just think that they are not very good looking, but they are great cars.
    actually the 911, is a sort of 50+ year evolution of the VW beetle in a sports car.

I don't think I would call the new 911 ugly, but I do like the previous generation of 911's better.

Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    I don't think I would call the new 911 ugly, but I do like the previous generation of 911's better.
    964 is still awesome

It looks good to me.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

tru dat white devil

i agree, the porshes all look too simalir, wich is good cause they all look nice

but i think in would like porshe (as a company) if they had more differences beetween the cars,

as far as the reckonizableness (its so a words so shut up) not many people can reckonize a 911', its not as merable as u might think

more memerable cars are the late muscle cars , or at least in my nick-o-da-woods'
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Thread Information