Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMW vs. Audi

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Wow, awesome reasoning.

-1 for the total lack of thought/effort.
    You inspired me. -1 from me too. Lets make a difference.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

i heard that if you are a highly experienced driver the M3 will be a better car around a track in wet and a hands down winner on a dry track. on the other hand the s4 is a more forgiving car around a track with its 4wd and a little more torque. i cant choose between the two i like them both, but the m3 is starting to get old. its time for them to bring out the new one.
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

Audi S4 VS BMW M3

How Can any one say that the S4 is better than the M3 . The M3 is 1 million times better than the S4 because it looks better, handles better, sounds better and gives more respect.... plus it is faster...!!

so i say... go home Audi S4!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jones.dk
    How Can any one say that the S4 is better than the M3 . The M3 is 1 million times better than the S4 because it looks better, handles better, sounds better and gives more respect.... plus it is faster...!!

so i say... go home Audi S4!!!
    An example of how to loose 1 rep point. The rhetorical question posed is reasonable,
    How Can any one say that the S4 is better than the M3
    But the answer is a conundrum.
    The M3 is 1 million times better than the S4 because it looks better, handles better, sounds better
    Not bad here, a bit subjective at the start but hes entitled to his opinion, then objective observations that stand up in the caes of the magazine article.
    Then we have
    gives more respect
    On balance I will leave his rep points this time. But I think it is an example of what not to do. better luck next time.

It's all preference...

This is my first time reading anything from this site and I decided to sign up and reply b/c I liked the comments and grading system by Crisis!

I haven't driven the BMW, but I just did a test drive on the new Audi last weekend. It was an absolute blast! I have a G35 coupe, which I thought was pretty fast, but... I am sure I would get the same feeling in the BMW, and definately would like to find out (soon). Here is my 2 cents on this comparison:

I have always liked the looks of the BMW (a bit overt, but the car can back it up), and I really like the styling on the new Audi as well. So I give the two a toss up there.

The performance is outstanding from both cars, and looking at R&T's results, they are basically a wash in this category as well. When it comes down to a tenth of a second, who cares unless you are a professional racer who never misses a shift, has racing tires with the ideal temperature, etc.... My guess would be that most people could launch the Audi a bit faster than the BMW b/c of the Quattro, but??

The price IMO is basically a wash too, b/c depending on how you get them configured you can get either one to cost more/less than the other. Fully loaded, I think the BMW is slightly higher, but who counts a grand or two once the price gets into this range anyway?

This just leaves us with creature comforts and resell. They both are very well finished cars with great interior and high quality parts. The Audi is a bit roomier with 4 doors vs. 2, but the back seat is not especially large unless you have midgets up front. Just having glanced at a few used car prices, they looked pretty close (I think the BMW might do better in the long run, but resale has so many compenents...). So I am giving this one a wash as well!

So, as you can tell (if you made it this far in my post), I think the 2 cars are a wash and that you couldn't go wrong with either of them. Pick the one you like and know you have a bad a$$ ride. My ideal solution for the big spenders is to save your pennies and by both. Drive the Audi in the Oct-March and drive the BMW April-September. Or if you are a really big spender by the RS6 and the M3 - that would be a nice garage!!

How did I score Crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNick72
    This is my first time reading anything from this site and I decided to sign up and reply b/c I liked the comments and grading system by Crisis!

I haven't driven the BMW, but I just did a test drive on the new Audi last weekend. It was an absolute blast! I have a G35 coupe, which I thought was pretty fast, but... I am sure I would get the same feeling in the BMW, and definately would like to find out (soon). Here is my 2 cents on this comparison:

I have always liked the looks of the BMW (a bit overt, but the car can back it up), and I really like the styling on the new Audi as well. So I give the two a toss up there.

The performance is outstanding from both cars, and looking at R&T's results, they are basically a wash in this category as well. When it comes down to a tenth of a second, who cares unless you are a professional racer who never misses a shift, has racing tires with the ideal temperature, etc.... My guess would be that most people could launch the Audi a bit faster than the BMW b/c of the Quattro, but??

The price IMO is basically a wash too, b/c depending on how you get them configured you can get either one to cost more/less than the other. Fully loaded, I think the BMW is slightly higher, but who counts a grand or two once the price gets into this range anyway?

This just leaves us with creature comforts and resell. They both are very well finished cars with great interior and high quality parts. The Audi is a bit roomier with 4 doors vs. 2, but the back seat is not especially large unless you have midgets up front. Just having glanced at a few used car prices, they looked pretty close (I think the BMW might do better in the long run, but resale has so many compenents...). So I am giving this one a wash as well!

So, as you can tell (if you made it this far in my post), I think the 2 cars are a wash and that you couldn't go wrong with either of them. Pick the one you like and know you have a bad a$$ ride. My ideal solution for the big spenders is to save your pennies and by both. Drive the Audi in the Oct-March and drive the BMW April-September. Or if you are a really big spender by the RS6 and the M3 - that would be a nice garage!!

How did I score Crisis?
    Dont take me too seriously. I am just another person on this site that has too much to say. However your post is a perfect example of objective reasoning and did not once use the word sux. +1

My pick would be the M3 i base this through personal experiance ie we had one at work and stored it in the used car section untill delivery where i got totalk to the salesman about the car and was greatly impressed with the car.
    Astecitly i view the M3 a clear winner it looks much better To me and to me has better road presence.
    I cant really comment on interior because my knowlage and experiance with audi automobiles is very limited.
    Perforamnce wise the M3 seems to have an edge and as bum man stated its 10th of seconds and the audi is themore forgiving vehical.
    They both combine good engines with good chassis and bothin their own ways use them extremely well on a race track and both with experainced drivers i dont think a winner would be easily found so its a coin toss there.
    And for money the audi most certainly seems the better car and does it really matter if the m3 seemingly has the edge on a race track? most people would never take these cars on the track so saying that is just bragging rights.

While i did pick the m3 i picked it through my persoanl experiance in the vehical and astectics all in all their both great cars the bmw just barely scraped that one in for me. So there we go personal opions/experaince reasons of good looks and no real answer to other sections how does that one rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    My pick would be the M3 i base this through personal experiance ie we had one at work and stored it in the used car section untill delivery where i got totalk to the salesman about the car and was greatly impressed with the car.
    Astecitly i view the M3 a clear winner it looks much better To me and to me has better road presence.
    I cant really comment on interior because my knowlage and experiance with audi automobiles is very limited.
    Perforamnce wise the M3 seems to have an edge and as bum man stated its 10th of seconds and the audi is themore forgiving vehical.
    They both combine good engines with good chassis and bothin their own ways use them extremely well on a race track and both with experainced drivers i dont think a winner would be easily found so its a coin toss there.
    And for money the audi most certainly seems the better car and does it really matter if the m3 seemingly has the edge on a race track? most people would never take these cars on the track so saying that is just bragging rights.

While i did pick the m3 i picked it through my persoanl experiance in the vehical and astectics all in all their both great cars the bmw just barely scraped that one in for me. So there we go personal opions/experaince reasons of good looks and no real answer to other sections how does that one rate.
    Perfect but then again you have never been a problem.

Thread Information