Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best school assignment ever!

Best school assignment ever!

Around two weeks back we got a new school assignment for this school period (8-10 weeks). The assignment is to do a report/ documentary about a profession you could end up after this school. Since I'm doing a safety and security study and I already planned to go the the Fire Department after this school, I contacted the Eindhoven Fire Dept. I asked them if it was possible to follow an officer during his work. At first glance they denied my request because the man responsible for that was out because of back problems.

I returned to my teacher with this story and he said to me that he knew some people at the Fire Dept. and that they probably could help me out. I contacted them and I got a phone call yesterday that everything is settled. I will follow the OVD (Officer On Duty) during his work. This means I can even join him during calls to big fires and accidents. Other parts of the job are inspections in restaurants, meetings with constructors to approve fire safety etc etc.

I'm really looking forward to this because I'm really a big Fire Dept. fanatic (we have lived next to the Fire station for nearly 13 years) and the job of OVD is my dreamjob.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Coool ! That sounds wicked, even to me that isn't in the business ! I really hope you'll enjoy it !

Don't forget to take pictures and notes, in your enthusiasm, they are vital to a good report

edit:
    With a bit of luck, you can get the best places out there for the next Automotive event in your city !

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Coool ! That sounds wicked, even to me that isn't in the business ! I really hope you'll enjoy it !

Don't forget to take pictures and notes, in your enthusiasm, they are vital to a good report
    Don't worry, We have had a special training for this assignment. And since I'm really looking forward to this, I really don't want to mess things up...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Eh, my assignment was better. Shooting a studio drama in class, I was 1st AD, otherwsie known as getting to bludge and tell everyone else what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Eh, my assignment was better. Shooting a studio drama in class, I was 1st AD, otherwsie known as getting to bludge and tell everyone else what to do.
    In that case i'll top everyone. We got the assignment to build a car

I had 2 great assignments in high school.. 1 was sex ed rudy movies A+..

The other was to study stock markets in groups select what stocks we thought were good value and would make us the best profit.. We had $50,000 and could sell and change only once per week, This lasted 2 months.. By the end we all made a good profit and it was interesting to learn how to predict and watch the markets rise and fall with the worlds ups and downs.

I enjoyed it so much that i ended up doing my own at home about 10 years ago.. And that was with $10,000.. I made a profit on one investment Woolworths stocks were very cheap when bought, So if i really had them today i would have made my money back 4-5 times. I only had a fall in one gold.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Jorismo
    Around two weeks back we got a new school assignment for this school period (8-10 weeks). The assignment is to do a report/ documentary about a profession you could end up after this school. Since I'm doing a safety and security study and I already planned to go the the Fire Department after this school, I contacted the Eindhoven Fire Dept. I asked them if it was possible to follow an officer during his work. At first glance they denied my request because the man responsible for that was out because of back problems.

I returned to my teacher with this story and he said to me that he knew some people at the Fire Dept. and that they probably could help me out. I contacted them and I got a phone call yesterday that everything is settled. I will follow the OVD (Officer On Duty) during his work. This means I can even join him during calls to big fires and accidents. Other parts of the job are inspections in restaurants, meetings with constructors to approve fire safety etc etc.

I'm really looking forward to this because I'm really a big Fire Dept. fanatic (we have lived next to the Fire station for nearly 13 years) and the job of OVD is my dreamjob.
    Good deal. I had the opportunity to intern with a village code enforcement officer and we did fire safety checks all the time. Bastard made my crawl out a window and test the fire escape ladder

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    I had 2 great assignments in high school.. 1 was sex ed rudy movies A+..

The other was to study stock markets in groups select what stocks we thought were good value and would make us the best profit.. We had $50,000 and could sell and change only once per week, This lasted 2 months.. By the end we all made a good profit and it was interesting to learn how to predict and watch the markets rise and fall with the worlds ups and downs.

I enjoyed it so much that i ended up doing my own at home about 10 years ago.. And that was with $10,000.. I made a profit on one investment Woolworths stocks were very cheap when bought, So if i really had them today i would have made my money back 4-5 times. I only had a fall in one gold.
    I've done something similar to this but instead of $50,000 we got 10 million

Hasn't Woolworths gone out of business since?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Definately the same as we had ! We just had it in euro's

It ran for a full year and in the end we managed to play quitte (-100 euro). At the time the markets were slowing down a lot (11/9 era). Most of my classmates made a loss, two a profit. Very nice assignment.

The Kitcar we build now is more fun though
    Last edited by drakkie; 01-08-2008 at 02:20 AM.

i had the best assighnment, Writing a ten page paper on crap!, yes the human waste industry.

i would have quoted ucp as a source, but i forgot
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

In that case i'll top everyone. We got the assignment to build a car
    But that involves lots of physical labour and fiddling around, unlike sitting on a chair in the studio giving orders.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post

I've done something similar to this but instead of $50,000 we got 10 million

Hasn't Woolworths gone out of business since?
    10 mill! you guys dont mess about..
    Are we talking about the same woolworths? Woolworths group?
    Definately the same as we had ! We just had it in euro's

It ran for a full year and in the end we managed to play quitte (-100 euro). At the time the markets were slowing down a lot (11/9 era). Most of my classmates made a loss, two a profit. Very nice assignment.

The Kitcar we build now is more fun though
    Must be pretty popular it's world wide When i did this it was back in the stone age 16 + years ago Feel old now

10 mill! you guys dont mess about..
    Are we talking about the same woolworths? Woolworths group?
    Not sure. I'm talking about the department store. Kind of like a Sears only smaller and with cheaper products.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Not sure. I'm talking about the department store. Kind of like a Sears only smaller and with cheaper products.
    www.woolworths.com.au

Might be i didn't know they got overseas.. Woolworths is more north of the border down in Victoria we call them Safeway but they are woolworths.

congrats man my sisters boyfriend is in school to become a fire fighter as well

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    But that involves lots of physical labour and fiddling around, unlike sitting on a chair in the studio giving orders.
    Well not really ! I am the "multimedia manager", in charge of providing documents, taking pictures, distrubuting all kins of stuff, building a website and giving orders to my team too. Offcourse I do help out sometimes, but its about half of that of others

Must be pretty popular it's world wide When i did this it was back in the stone age 16 + years ago Feel old now
    Well it's probably because we had a really old fashioned teacher. And it is offcourse one of the best ways to understand the stock market in a few weeks !

Thread Information