Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Lotus Evora

OK, we'll admit we like the Lotus Evora really rather a lot. But just how much? Well that would ruin the surprise...
    __________________________________________________ ________________

I really like the Evora but i heard it costs around 75k, that is expensive. I could get a Cayman S and still have $10k left over for options (although knowing Porsche that isn't alot). Yes you do get 2 rear seats in the Evora but then you can have a 911 for the same money. The Evora is sportier than the base 911 so this sits somewhere between the Cayman S and 911 in character/practicality. I don't know really, if it was the same price as a cayman s then it would be a tough call but now, Cayman S please.

Comparable Evora works out at about £10K below the 911.
    THere is the issue that the Evora can add up to £20L+ in spec additions !!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Comparable Evora works out at about £10K below the 911.
    THere is the issue that the Evora can add up to £20L+ in spec additions !!
    Yeah those options can get expensive, Porsches too. The Cayman S starts at ~60k dollars, but really well equipped ones can cost you 90k

The Evora is a bit odd to categorize, since it's a mid engined 2+2.

As far as I know there aren't any mid engined 2+2's, so in that respect it is close to the 911 (priced around 10k less)

On the other hand the Cayman is mid-engined, so it can be compared with the Cayman (Price-wise they are similar)
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    Hey euro guys! if you have any sweet reviews from magazines about the new lotus evora out there please post them on here, i understand its coming out in europe within the next week or so. Please keep us posted on here.

I love lotus' but I havent really been too excited about them since they quit making the esprit. this evora seems like a pretty sweet car

2010 Lotus Evora - Car News/Latest News & Reviews/Car Shopping/Hot Lists/Reviews/Car and Driver - Car And Driver
    Lotus for me is one of great car. I like their design every model that they made.
    http://best-tops-direct.com |http://4wheelonline.com/Fender_Flares.3212 | http://4wheelonline.com/Bushwacker_Fender_Flares.3170]Bushwacker

Just back from a test drive of the close-ratio 'box version.

MUCH more like a "real Lotus", being a little less "laid back" and much more wiling to scream up the 'box.

Not lost ANY of the "calm" nature for motorway or town driving.
    Still a little quiet for my liking, but heard the sports exhsuat add-on and will be getting an extended day drive in it at the end of the month.

Lotus have a WINNER in all senses.
    Push it ( and they let me ) and it handles not far off the Exige .... and in some cases on the rougher country roads I blasted on it's better being more compliant.
    Even pushign it through my favourite "handling road" it coped with acceleration in corner and hump at apex whcih can induce scary moments and was VERY well controlle din the Lotus

Interior is comfortable and at last Lotus are back producing a performance car for the "larger " gentleman In the flesh, the design cues inside are really nice. THe door handle/air vent treatment is MUCH better than in the pics and is a testament that quality interior is not just about materials but about how you make use of them.

Sorry, they woudln't let me rig up the camera. But willl be trying again on next run.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

so are you thinking of trading in the RX? i know that the Evora is a tempting proposition for me, although as of yet, it is still a little above my price range.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

RX-8 trade-in value in the UK is about ZERO, thanks to UK fuel and road taxation

SO it's likely to be stored in Germany for visitors or converted to full track use.

Price is now very good for the Evora as the factory has stopped top-speccing them. Now you get to chose what expensive bits to fit or not as you prefer
    Factory bod was saying overseas sales are very strong ... I'm stuck between a 2nd hand 911 GT2 I've been offered in Germany left hooker, a Cayman, Evora or "sensible" M3 with all the bits. Worst of all family wants to move house !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    so are you thinking of trading in the RX? i know that the Evora is a tempting proposition for me, although as of yet, it is still a little above my price range.
    Is the Evora even sold here?

Quote Originally Posted by 17th march 2010
    The first Lotus Evora in America was delivered today deep down in the heart of Texas.

The Evora is billed as the first midengine four-seat performance car. The car was dropped off at John Eagle European's Lotus of Austin, the nation's third-best-selling Lotus dealership. There, dealer Sonny Morgan made customer Bruce Rice the first lucky guy to get the keys to the new car.

"Delivering the first Evora in North America was an exciting moment for John Eagle European and the Lotus brand," said Morgan. "The Evora is one of the most advanced new sports cars available in the world, and the very first customer model is on the road today right here in Austin."
    yes it is
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-20-2010 at 02:53 PM.

RX-8 trade-in value in the UK is about ZERO, thanks to UK fuel and road taxation

SO it's likely to be stored in Germany for visitors or converted to full track use.

Price is now very good for the Evora as the factory has stopped top-speccing them. Now you get to chose what expensive bits to fit or not as you prefer
    Factory bod was saying overseas sales are very strong ... I'm stuck between a 2nd hand 911 GT2 I've been offered in Germany left hooker, a Cayman, Evora or "sensible" M3 with all the bits. Worst of all family wants to move house !!
    mmm. track specced RX-8 makes my nether regions tingle... would you be moving elsewhere in scotland, or to the continent?

sounds like good set of choices there. one that i would certainly have a hard time deciding between. they had an Evora out here for car week, and saw it in a number of places. i will certainly keep it in the running for my next car, but that will be quite a while. i am not much of a porsche guy and won't drive a BMW, so i would be left with the Lotus.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Why has the Rex fallen by the wayside Matra?

It's not.

The Lotus guy wasn't too impressed when I pointed out that there were a few areas I think the ProDrive setup on the RX-8 was better balanced than the Evora !
    But, to be fair to the Lotus, the factory bod twice told me to slow down and he was clearly worried at the way I was chucking it around the twisties I know best. So I was probably only 90% versus 100% in the RX-8
    We'll see as we've arranged a day run in the Scottish borders - as long as I pay for the salesmans lunch , a fair deal as I see it and I know a VERY nice wee pub in the middle of some VERY nice twisties too
    Right now, it costs about a grand to take car over to the 'Ring and back. So 10-12 trips and I'd be as well leaving a car over there. So that's what's going through my mind and thus seeing what else I'd get. I'm too old to waste my time anymore on "sensible" cars and both kids are workign and so don't need my support so much. I consider it God's way of letting me balance the decades of owning/driving people carriers for family stuff

It's not.

The Lotus guy wasn't too impressed when I pointed out that there were a few areas I think the ProDrive setup on the RX-8 was better balanced than the Evora !
    But, to be fair to the Lotus, the factory bod twice told me to slow down and he was clearly worried at the way I was chucking it around the twisties I know best. So I was probably only 90% versus 100% in the RX-8
    We'll see as we've arranged a day run in the Scottish borders - as long as I pay for the salesmans lunch , a fair deal as I see it and I know a VERY nice wee pub in the middle of some VERY nice twisties too
    Right now, it costs about a grand to take car over to the 'Ring and back. So 10-12 trips and I'd be as well leaving a car over there. So that's what's going through my mind and thus seeing what else I'd get. I'm too old to waste my time anymore on "sensible" cars and both kids are workign and so don't need my support so much. I consider it God's way of letting me balance the decades of owning/driving people carriers for family stuff
    Haha, most people I know decide to move to florida/arizona and "slow down" once they hit that stage. Glad to know you're doing it right.

Keeping the RX-8 over there does sound like a sensible, and awesome, option. I'd like to throw my vote in for the evora as the replacement, though as I haven't driven any of them, take it for what it's worth.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thread Information