Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • American

21 32.31%
  • European

44 67.69%
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: American Cars VS European Cars

Thats not the car its the driver! Did you see how hard he was pulling the 355 on the small straights between the turns. It all comes down to a driver no the car. Good thing the viper survived the fall of the cliff though.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Thats not the car its the driver! Did you see how hard he was pulling the 355 on the small straights between the turns. It all comes down to a driver no the car. Good thing the viper survived the fall of the cliff though.
    Has someone posted a different movie ??
    "pulling" ??
    huh ?
    Do you know the term "concertina" wrt to cars on twisties ?
    First car out of a corner ALWAYS pulls away frmo an equal car and it then all closes up again at breakign points.
    From the clips they've chosen you can actually tell NOTHING about the cars -- until the Viper falls off.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MOPAR KICKS ASS
    unless you own a mclaren F1 and live in America with your mclaren F1 or a veyron for that matter in the U.S. then you have nothing to worry about from a European driver with a Enzo
    not only did i not know what those cars look like, but i also found your post made no sense

eh oh well
    [FLASH] WHAT YOU THINK, YOU SEEN, YOU NEVER SAW HAVE NICE DAY [FLASH] MIB AND MIB2 ROCKS SORRY I HAVE TO NERLIZE YOU AGAIN [FASH]

Quote Originally Posted by SolidStradale
    Please wake up and come back to real life. The cars that are in the performance class of the Corvette are way too expensive for the average Joe. And if your that dumb to pay 200,000 for a car that has around the same characteristics for a ZO6 that tops out around 80,000 , be my guest and find a better car than the Corvette!
    When it comes to American cars,Corvette is my favorite car.I've had 87-89-92-99 Corvettes you cant tell me I don't love my Corvette.You have to admit doe,Europeans do have better cars.
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    How do you come to that conclusion ?
    If you're in the lead it is ALWAYS tempting to try to kee pthat lead distance and increase it.
    Happens at trackdays ALL the TIME. People get out of shaee trying to stay ahead of a faster car Very common mistake as it's easy to forget the conertina effect.

You can't really say anything about it either way !!!!
    I don't see why you thought that was stupid? It's what you'd call an "unforced error" in any sport. That's all I'm saying.
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by greg.harvey
    I don't see why you thought that was stupid? It's what you'd call an "unforced error" in any sport. That's all I'm saying.
    no probs, greg, but I do have to point out I never said it was stupid
    Every "crash" is an error and for a good driver all are "unforced".
    I only asked from the vid how you came to the conclusion. I was trying to hopefully have explained what you saw that led to that conclusion as I'd missed it. To give it a framework I explained the common problem of a lead driver when pushing on.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Sure. I just meant it was good driving conditions, he wasn't having to defend his line as the other guy wasn't close enough - ie: he wasn't "under pressure" like you are when another driver is monstering you trying to get past, so IMHO at that particular point all he had to think about was the road ahead. So apart from pushing himself on, which of course all racing drivers must do, there were no other immediately obvious circumstances which would've contributed to a lack of concentration, etc. In other words, given the conditions a good racing driver oughtn't to have got it wrong. I guess that's my point.

And he was looking like pulling away at the point he lost it - from the start of the vid the Ferrari is really close, but as it goes on the Ferrari appears to slowly lose ground.

I'd still rather have the Ferrari, mind you! Especially given the state the Viper's in now!
    Last edited by greg.harvey; 12-11-2005 at 11:26 AM.
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    I agree it all comes down to the driver. A car could have 100 more horse power and drive 25mph faster but if you can't drive than it's a waste of power. Plus Chevy is the best.

american

Id rather have american cars but ill admit that some of the european cars are good too.
    Long live the CORVETTE
    Attached Images Attached Images

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I don't divide so much by where it's made as I do by when it's made. There's a much deeper division between new "cars" and classic cars than there is between American cars and anybody else's cars for me.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Someone lock this please...

Thread Information