Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite engine and why

what is the humor in my pic?
    Attached Images Attached Images

VW's

Anyone listened to a W12 (VW), can't wait to see one and hear it.
    A pox - a pox I say -
    a pox on all those that cling to the use of the oil-burning horseless carriage and pollute the King's highways and byways.

Originally posted by ozi
    what is the humor in my pic?
    Lotus badge on the front?

Flat 16

We have a car museum 160k's from the city that has a flat 16 (Indy I think) racing car, two flat 8's on top of each other! Didn't run cool and was hard to tune with half the intakes upsidedown. I'll try and get a photo - it's not a joke.

The 4.2 was a great engine - had a friend in the 70's with an 'S' type Jag (actually his Dad owned it and we would pinch it when he was out of town ) - it would smoke the tyres all the way thru 1st gear - loved it.
    A pox - a pox I say -
    a pox on all those that cling to the use of the oil-burning horseless carriage and pollute the King's highways and byways.

where do you see a lotus badge?? i meant in the jag pic

The modified car is parked outside IKEA . . . from my parts the common opinion is that IKEA takes great designs, then modifies them for mass production ruining the design in the process.

Someone has taken a great jag . . .

Maybe it's just me

Anyway there are some great engine choices in here; am going to start the poll June 2nd, so there's some time yet . . .

I notice there are no environmentally friendly engines here
    Last edited by Kudosdude; 05-22-2003 at 03:21 AM.

An environmentally accepted engine will make neither noise nor smoke. I could propose the Peugeot/Citroen HDI with smoke filter, it runs great, consumes little and does not pollute.

Don't get me wrong - I was just making a point about the fact that car enthusiasts don't seem to find environmental engines exciting as some of the other options available. . .

I did not get you wrong, just look at the Peugeot Spades concept (the red one). I have 2 litre version, slightly tweaked and still giving an incredible mileage (always over 1000 km with a 65 litre tank), but not yet with the filter. Anyway with the predominance of USA visitors to this site, I am afraid that the word environment is not spelled in capitals (if correctly spelled at all).

The V8´s sound is amazing, even more when it´s a stock car V8...
    and the Porsche´s flat six is also music to my ears....
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

Originally posted by ozi
    where do you see a lotus badge?? i meant in the jag pic
    Seeing as I said "on the front", it's quite likely that I saw one on the front. Of course, there's actually no lotus badge, it just looks like one in the picture.

Unfortunately, like many of us, I missed the deep reference to Ikea

EDIT: Ozi, I didn't say that I saw a Lotus Badge in the Jag picture! I was referring to what looked like one on the picture of the Koenig 8-series...
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 05-24-2003 at 06:09 PM.

Post Grad. study for Henke

As usual Henke you are in this forum to prove your lack of experience in the automotive world and it is borne out in your inexhaustible defence of the diesel engine. Your claims of being the only environmentally educated member here, are disproved by your knowledge of only one subject - diesel engines. Some facts - just for you - diesel engine emissions pose a greater health risk to people than petrol/gasoline emissions, a health risk 6 to 7 times greater!. An 'Ames' mutagenicity test to determine the genotoxic effects of petrol/gasoline verses diesel emissions results in revertants (changed/mutated cells) 6 to 7 times greater for diesel emissions than petrol/gasoline per 1,000 miles. As a father of an asthmatic car-fanatic I can only shake my head in disgust at the thousands of (late model 4 to 8 years old) diesels vehicles (Mercs, Toyota 4WD's etc) polluting the atmosphere belching black smoke and crap from their exhausts. My only course of action is to pass these death traps as quickly as possible, which of course is very easy as I drive a manual PETROL ENGINED Wrangler.
    A pox - a pox I say -

i am totaly confused now...

I'm confused too

It's my reference to the Rhino's, isn't it?
    A pox - a pox I say -

Re: I'm confused too

Originally posted by ozexige
    It's my reference to the Rhino's, isn't it?
    I think he is confused to read that somebody is actually proud of driving a vehicle fitted with the most primitive chassis in current automotive production (bar the Lada Niva may be)

Thread Information