Thread: NEW Matra 3l V12 engines - by Nicholson-McLaren

NEW Matra 3l V12 engines - by Nicholson-McLaren

At Autosport show today I spotted the Matra engine immediately , but not till I got close did I realise it was NOT an original - far too clean and not battle-scarred.

So a few questions to the guys on the stand and it turns out they were asked by a private owner of multiple Matra F1 and Le Mans sportscars to build new engines so the cars could relive the glory and sound of the original.

It LOOKS fantastic and on the stand they were showing a video of the engine development and testing. With headphones available if you asked so that you could turn the volume up and it DOES sound as good as the original , esp now that the originals aren't allowed to rev anywhere near their redlines !!

I negotiated (!) and hopefully will receive copies of the video clips and be able to share here and on the Matra Club meetings in the future.

If anyone is going to the NEC, then definately seek out the N-M stand and marvel at what money can achieve !! ( I asked .. and they refused to tell me how much each engine costs )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 01-11-2013 at 01:51 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Nice! .
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

That does look fantastic. The owner they referred to has almost all privately owned Matra sports and F1 cars, and a Ligier-Matra for good measure.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

yeah the Ligier pic was on the stand - sorry I always refer to them all as "Matra" regardless of whose name was on the chassis/team
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information