Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In the name of science

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    Water at night, Gatorade when you wake up. That's what I do.

I'd like to try one of these Irn Brus as well, but I've never seen any around here.
    There are a few places in the GTA that you can get Irn Bru. In Brampton, The Heritage restaurant had them the last time was there and every other time I was there. Some grocery stores sometimes have them - they bottle it in Ontario somewhere.

Here's the Heritage.

The one I know is at Queen and the 410.

Forum rules should be same as road rules. Dont drink and post. lol
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by hightower99 View Post
    gatorade has got to be the last thing you want to drink before you go to sleep if you don't want a hang over.
    Wrong. Gatorade is often supplied to college students from medical facilities as one of the best things for hangovers. Mostly for the electrolytes.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    You know what cures hangovers? Jagerbombs.
    lol. Good call, dude. Worst hangover I ever had was camping with Jager and 151 (it was a sad, sad (broke) bunch of us going over spring break, and we had to scrounge quite a bit to get anything at all.) Next morning a little Jager and I was good as new. More or less. Couldn't eat for most of the day, but other than that...

EDIT: Oh, and gatorade is definitely a good thing. I tried to figure out if drinks with gatorade in them would help, but I'm not really sure if it had any effect since I almost never get hangovers (I tend to chug large amounts of water all day when I'm intending to drink that night.)
    Last edited by wwgkd; 04-03-2008 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    Water at night, Gatorade when you wake up. That's what I do.
    That would work. Nothing wrong with drinking some gatorade when you wake up.

You just don't want to chug a bottle before you go to sleep. The sudden influx of sugar, sodium, and potassium is going to throw some major control systems through a loop.
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Wrong. Gatorade is often supplied to college students from medical facilities as one of the best things for hangovers. Mostly for the electrolytes.
    Normally the day after when they already have the hangover. This is when you need the gatorade. You do not want to drink it directly after you finish drinking and right before you go to sleep.
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Come on, I thought I had you lot all trained...

Irn Bru !!

Drink, fall over ... get tired ... nap.
    After short nap, if BAD headache then drink Irn Bru
    Repeat until run out of alcohol, Irn Bru or death.

Once the hangover is unbearable drink LARGE amounts of Irn Bru.

Ye cannae beat Scottish traditions tae dae wi' alcohol
    Will give it a shot Dutch tradition is basically emptying 165 crates of beer in three days with eighty guys on the cost of school. So ehm just drink from 2pm and stop at 2am, wake up drunk and drink a cup of coffee with liquor in it. Then just open the cooled 20foot container(!!) filled with beer again. Never been drunk and/or awake so often. I have to admit I drove drunk on our own terrain a few times, in cars saved from the wreckers.

Just driving back home sober after these days was horrible. You dont want to know how hard I trowed up when I went to took my stuff from the car the next day. The smell ! The horror, the horror !
    Last edited by drakkie; 04-04-2008 at 01:05 AM.

I don't get hangovers. Ever. Either don't get really smashed or just spew on the night. Wake up fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    I don't get hangovers. Ever. Either don't get really smashed or just spew on the night. Wake up fine.
    True.. spewing works. I just hate it though because of the dirty taste in your mouth and the mess on your shirt. After waking up covered in puke and other party people's piss and robbed one night two years ago in Rotterdam, I never puked again by alcohol. Drink, but drink responsibly

Tried going on a 2 day bender once in Australia, didn't work. Seems that the alchohol content in most drinks in Autralia is lower than in my country.. we started with AU$300 by the time we finished it none of us were drunk but mightily pissed...

Irn-Bru sold in Canada contains no caffeine, as until recently only dark coloured drinks were permitted to contain caffeine[13]. As a result of this and the omission of quinine the taste is noticeably different, and the restorative effect is almost nil
    Sorry guys, looks like the legal stuff is useless .... get soem blackmarket imports if you wish the full experience
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

My biggest bender was on my prom weekend at the beach. 3 days and 2 nights of mass drinking. We were averaging 20+ beers per person per day.

Drink heaps of water before you sleep and eat like 6 pieces of bread. Then 2L of water in the morning. Never had a bad hangover by following this protocol.
    The Datto will rage again...

Well I am finally sober, and have to say the research was very conclusive. It felt like my head had been in a paint mixer for a week and even the quietest noises sounded like top fuel dragsters. Had the gf nurse me back to independance this afternoon. Thanks for the tips everyone!
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

Keep drinking you sissy.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information