View Poll Results: Which one do you think is a better show?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top Gear

40 93.02%
  • Fifth Gear

3 6.98%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear vs 5th Gear

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia

Top Gear vs 5th Gear

I was just wondering, which one out of these two shows do you like better?

Personally I like Top Gear better, it's entertaining, informative (maybe not as much as 5th gear), funny and it shows more cars i guess... that's why i have quite a collection of TG videos.

I reckon 5th gear is boring, but some people at this thread reckon Tiff's reviews are better..

so what do you think?
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

top gear is definitley more entertaining

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    top gear is definitley more entertaining
    then vote...
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Top gear for all the same reasons apart from the video one Also do 5th Gear have there own track to there racing?
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

i lke it how top gear don't just do reviews
    i remember ages ago they got lotus to work on a lada, stuff lke that makes an entertaining break to straight reviews

This shouldn't be poll, top gears gonna take it hands down
    One more thing my avatar is a clip from top gear
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Top gear for all the same reasons apart from the video one Also do 5th Gear have there own track to there racing?
    They race on a track either in south or north wales. top gear wins for me. Its just more interesting and funnier then 5th gear
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

TopGear. It's so much more interesting then 5th Gear. I like to watch 5thGear but they really can't pack alot into an half hour show.

Clarkson rules aswell so it has to be TopGear

Tiff does better reviews of the handling and performance, but everything else about 5th gear is rubbish.

They have two prize tw@ts in the form of Tom Ford and Adrian Simpson.
    They couldn't do a decent review of how to breath, let alone a car.

Eg - in the last series of 5th gear Simpson did a review of the new Seat Toldeo.
    This was basically him walking around the car (he had difficulty squeezing between the Seat and the cars parked in front and behind) parked at the side of a street like he was going to the shops or something, saying "Blah, blah... new car... looks nice... engines... ooh look how big the boot is" There was then about a minute of him driving down the same street, in traffic, saying "it drives really well... there's a man in a Mercedes who's looking at it, that must mean its good. Therefore the Seat Toledo is the best car ever. The End

What a crock. The decaying corpse of a rabid badger could have done better than that ffs!

Even pointless twaddle such as Top Gear's "caravan conkers" is more entertaining than that.
    Thanks for all the fish

w00t! this thread again
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

I wouldn't hesitate in picking Top Gear, like every other person who's read this thread, so I figured I'd play devils advocate and try justify voting for Fifth Gear...

Okay... Erm... Well the VBH, that's obviously a great thing. Then there's the fact that it's on channel five, which means that if you happen to fall asleep in your armchair whilst watching it (the likelyhood is high) when you wake up at 3 in the morning with the tv still on, you can keep yourself amused watching a "Confessions of" or some other grubby softcore movie. There's also the fact that it's only on for half an hour, so should you happen to go and make a cup of tea, you could fill the kettle to the top and by the time ya pot of tea's mashed, it might be over.

Anybody else?

Top Gear all the way.. they got a track, funny clarkson... and of course THE STIG!!!

haha hmmm i wonder who will win this poll

Top Gear combines a chat show with humour an knowledge (yes) while satisfying car fanatics like us It also has its own track, a professional race driver and..jeremy clarkson

Is Vicky in Fifth Gear (or more likely in overdrive)? Never get to see her anymore
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Top Gear kicks fifth gears ass

No wonder the poll is 16 to 0
    My Photography robneill.deviantart.com

Thread Information