Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari FXX Evoluzione 2007-2009

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ferrari FXX Evoluzione 2007-2009

FXX programme extended for further two years
    thanks to new evolution kit developed with assistance of Client Test-Drivers
    Maranello 28th October 2007 – The innovative FXX programme, based on the
    eponymous prototype car and launched by Ferrari in June 2005, is being extended to
    2008/2009. The FXX, which is the most advanced GT ever created at Maranello, has
    been updated with an evolution package aimed at further improving its handling and
    performance. The package was developed as a result of Ferrari’s collaboration with
    its Client Test Drivers and with the invaluable support of Michael Schumacher.
    The FXXs equipped with this package will also sport a new livery in addition to new
    rear wing profiles.
    The FXX is not homologated for road use and there are no plans to compete with it
    either. In fact, the FXX prototype is designed exclusively for track driving as part of a
    specific R&D programme agreed with a selected group of just over 20 clients involving
    14 group test sessions and 14 private ones in the last two years.
    Thanks to readings taken over the 16,500 kilometres of tests carried out in 2006 and
    the 18,500 kilometres covered in 2007, the modifications made to the car have
    focused on honing its aerodynamics, running gear and electronics. Seven-times
    Formula 1 World Champion Michael Schumacher also joined the ranks of the client
    test drivers and gave the programme the benefit of his vast experience on several
    occasions.
    Maranello’s engineers studied the wealth of information gained to develop a kit which
    will cut the FXX’s Fiorano lap time to under 1’16’’ (previously it was 1’18’’).
    The FXX’s 6262 cc V12 engine can now punch out a massive 860 hp at 9500 rpm.
    Gearshifting takes just 60 ms, a drop of 20 ms on the previous time, and the gear
    ratios have been adapted to make use of the extra 1000 rpm now delivered by the
    engine.
    The car’s new traction control system, developed in close collaboration with the GES
    Racing Division engineers, gives the driver a choice of no less than nine different
    settings (plus the off position) which are selected using a switch on the central tunnel.
    This means that the driver really can modify the car’s behaviour on the track from
    corner to corner, just as the Formula 1 drivers do to maximise performance and
    reduce tyre wear. The FXX’s traction control is also now less invasive and more
    flexible, adapting more efficiently to the individual driving style of each driver – a
    requirement pinpointed when this very extreme car was being driven on the track by
    non-professional drivers.
    The FXX’s special 19” Bridgestone tyres now last longer too thanks to a new car setup
    and new front suspension geometry, while the Brembo brakes, which boast large
    Composite Ceramic Material (CCM) discs, are more efficient with the result that the
    brake pads last twice as long.
    Thanks to the drivers’ feedback the Ferrari engineers have also developed new
    aerodynamic solutions aimed at increasing downforce over the rear axle. The FXX
    now sports a new rear diffuser, nolder and rear flaps which have combined to
    increase aerodynamic efficiency by 25% overall. The active front spoiler control
    system settings have been adjusted to take these modifications into account too.
    New telemetry monitoring of the steering angle and brake pump pressure will further
    boost the interaction between Client test drivers and the company’s engineers also.
    From next year onwards, it will be possible for drivers to have two extra video
    cameras mounted on their car in addition the existing rear-facing one. This will, of
    course, give the drivers excellent rear visibility without having to impinge in any way
    on the car’s aerodynamics.
    The FXX evolution package includes participation in a series of track events that
    Ferrari is organising at international circuits for 2008/2009. Six events are planned for
    each year (two in North America, two in Europe and two in Asia). In addition to these,
    the FXXs will also be participating, as per tradition, in the prestigious end-of-season
    Ferrari World Finals.
    As happened in 2006/2007, the cars will be backed up at each event by a 15-member
    official team made up of engineers, electronics experts and mechanics capable of
    providing complete assistance to clients. Needless to say, the latter will still be able to
    organise their own private individual track sessions in their car as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (402.9 KB, 163 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (356.3 KB, 86 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (312.3 KB, 127 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (333.1 KB, 84 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (339.6 KB, 107 views)
    ...Utah! Get me two...

OMG it's so sexy!!! i want one! now!
    May the downforce be with you

IMHO I think its uglyish
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Quote Originally Posted by ripper46 View Post
    IMHO I think its uglyish
    It is, but the massive performances it delivers do it for me.
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 10-28-2007 at 11:05 AM.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

so are we going to see a run of new cars or are the existing ones going to be upgraded?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    so are we going to see a run of new cars or are the existing ones going to be upgraded?
    I remember when they launched the FXX they told that these cars would be constantly upgraded and will probably act as mules for some new technical decisions. Having this in mind, I think it is an upgrade, not new issues. After all, how many FXX's will the world encompass if they would make new variations every couple of years?

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    After all, how many FXX's will the world encompass if they would make new variations every couple of years?
    Very many....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Yes, I was wondering about that too.

Better looking than the Enzo, IMO.

i love how the exhausts are where the lights would normally be

i just love how to make money, they come out with so many versions of a car when they could have just done this from the start
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    i just love how to make money, they come out with so many versions of a car when they could have just done this from the start
    Something they didn't develop yet that time, and now they need less money to apply these innovations to cars and test them - they have already built mules and even sold them. Great capital management, indeed.

This car sucks. Hard
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

860hp? Good lord. I can't wait until that engine finds its way into a 599 GTC.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    860hp? Good lord. I can't wait until that engine finds its way into a 599 GTC.
    with cambelt changes every 1500 kms....

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    A price you pay to lap a track at 1:16, if u have the balls and skill to pull it off...
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Thread Information