Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive perfection.

I'd say a Lotus Elise is perfection, though not on the list. Fast, light on fuel, looks that just grab you every time, maneuverable...And I think a higher level of comfort and features as opposed to the Exige, right?
    If you ignore things like luggage space, then it's great. And when you buy a car for automotive perfection, wouldn't you be buying it for its diveability anyway, over its ability to carry large objects?
    All about the t-tops

There is nothing to discuss.

Agreed. on All fronts.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Not a single car on this planet is perfect. They all have their drawbacks and disadvantages. Some big, some small. Why would we even drive something else than these if they were perfect ?

My future job would be a piece of cake if these were perfect... Just put a v12 in every new Espace and it would be perfect for a family of five. pffff...

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Not a single car on this planet is perfect. They all have their drawbacks and disadvantages. Some big, some small. Why would we even drive something else than these if they were perfect ?

My future job would be a piece of cake if these were perfect... Just put a v12 in every new Espace and it would be perfect for a family of five. pffff...
    plus, perfect depends on a person's viewpoint. I don't need any more than two seats for example
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

M5 simply put.

Perfect doesn't mean full score on all fronts, but balance's the game.

Nothing more than those super sedans

M series, RS series etc.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Nobody could be deceived if he/she had such garage.

Then again I'd make some changes, keep the E39 M5, but change the Countach for a Miura, the Porsche for a 911 Carrera RS and the Ferrari for 365 GTB/4 Daytona. That's keeping it more or less sensible, especially concerning the Ferrari and within the brands originally posted.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    plus, perfect depends on a person's viewpoint. I don't need any more than two seats for example
    Exactly, while I prefer something with four because I usually carry a lot of equipment around. Dj stuff, stuff for work, stuff for school etcetera. Try carrying a 1:3 scale model of a car in a 2-seater for example That is exactly what makes my future job so difficult, finding the compromises to suit the most people...
    Last edited by drakkie; 08-25-2007 at 02:26 AM.

Exactly, while I prefer something with four because I usually carry a lot of equipment around. Dj stuff, stuff for work, stuff for school etcetera. Try carrying a 1:3 scale model of a car in a 2-seater for example That is exactly what makes my future job so difficult, finding the compromises to suit the most people...
    Well that's probably why there are so many different cars in the market. An MX-5 buyer won't probably be interested in a Mondeo Estate and vicecersa.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    M5 simply put.

Perfect doesn't mean full score on all fronts, but balance's the game.

Nothing more than those super sedans

M series, RS series etc.
    if you have a family, yes.
    otherwise, hell no. especially not the slowbarge m5
    but then consider that a cheap 4 door car is an option and you see why there doesn't really need to be a 'perfect' car i mean there are really good allrounders and everything but still...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

if you have a family, yes.
    otherwise, hell no. especially not the slowbarge m5

but then consider that a cheap 4 door car is an option and you see why there doesn't really need to be a 'perfect' car i mean there are really good allrounders and everything but still...
    Yea.. but allrounders tend to not be perfect in everything, because they are a compromise again ! So imo there simply doesn't exist perfection. Not with humans and their characters, nor with cars or other goods. Something though to keep striving for, but that will never ever be reached...

Pretty damn philosophical on a Saturday morning with a hangover.

Where Is The Golf Gti ?????????!!!!!!!
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Quote Originally Posted by ripper46 View Post
    Where Is The Golf Gti ?????????!!!!!!!
    I've always wanted to find an original Mk I with the 1.6-litre and the 4-speed gearbox, but they are rare. Most Mk I GTIs have the 1.8-litre and the 5-speed gearbox...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I've always wanted to find an original Mk I with the 1.6-litre and the 4-speed gearbox, but they are rare. Most Mk I GTIs have the 1.8-litre and the 5-speed gearbox...
    thats still not a bad car, my favorite mk1 has to be the 16v oettinger though
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

i don't see side air intakes? could it be a RUF or something?
    On the 993 body style only the Turbo-S had side vents. At least in America, that is.

EDIT: It's a techart like someone said, I didn't even notice...but the point remains if it were a basic 993 Turbo it would be faster than a 355, in techart guise I'm betting it's alot faster than a 355.
    Last edited by my porsche; 08-25-2007 at 08:47 AM.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by ripper46 View Post
    thats still not a bad car, my favorite mk1 has to be the 16v oettinger though
    I prefer the purity of the original.

And since I have other cars higher on the "To buy" list than the GTI I'm not that bothered.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information