Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 - Pictures

Xbox 360 - Pictures

Supposed pictures of the Xbox 360, are floating around the net. These pictures come from http://gaming.engadget.com/. Several sites are indicating that these are authentic, but they obviously are not official.

From http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22753
    Quote Originally Posted by theinquirer.net
    THE FIRST full frontal picture of the Xbox 360 was leaked onto the web this morning.

Quite who got the exclusive we're not sure, with multiple sites appearing to present it as their own. However, we suspect that the scoop was by the Future/Microsoft collaboration, GamesRadar, which collaborated the authenticity of the picture with their own sources.

The design is a striking silver/white, with an oversized power button/LED indicator, which will apparently serve as some kind of feedback for users. The left of the console appears to hold a removable hard drive, and was the portion revealed earlier this week on Our Colony. As the INQ previously revealed, there are no ports for controllers, with those connecting via wireless.

While the design is rendered white, there are suggestions that the entire casing will be user-removable for colour customisation.

Things just got really, really interesting. µ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks interesting. I'm not really a fan of wireless controllers. They should have atleast an option for normal corded controllers IMO. but cool none the less.

Only the left thumbnail isnt official, the two others came from ourcolony.net. A Viral Marketing campaign by microsoft to get people to solve challenges and riddles, puzzles etc in return for snippets of info on Xbox 360.

I like the design personally, but I dont like that humongogornous button, though I heard it would do more than indicate ON/OFF, i think a LCD screen there would be better.

It seems to have a removal Hard Drive, which is definately Handy.

BTW what do u guys think of the name, I dont like it, I think Xbox Next sounds better. Also, would u prefer white or the metallic silver?
    coltyu. d;-)!

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Looks interesting. I'm not really a fan of wireless controllers. They should have atleast an option for normal corded controllers IMO. but cool none the less.
    why not?

it sounds a bit silly to me. you have the option of a controller with a cord, or a controller without the cord. both do exactly the same job, look the same, perform the same, etc. except with one you dont have a whole pile of cords hanging around.
    halo 2 - november 9

at one stage i heard it was going to be called the Xenon ( pro. Zenon) it looks OK, but not really next gen, i was hoping for some really funky stuff like gloss paint and glass.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by danno
    why not?

it sounds a bit silly to me. you have the option of a controller with a cord, or a controller without the cord. both do exactly the same job, look the same, perform the same, etc. except with one you dont have a whole pile of cords hanging around.
    I don't like wireless controllers because they don't respond as kick as the ones with a cord and they can be laggy sometime. Thats why I try to stay away from anything wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by Colty
    BTW what do u guys think of the name, I dont like it, I think Xbox Next sounds better. Also, would u prefer white or the metallic silver?
    Yea the name sucks, to much marketing. So you can do 360 in some alternative sports so that must be a cool word, but it doesn’t even represent the product. Unless they are trying to indicate that the Xbox is taking a total different direction. Either way I don’t care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    I don't like wireless controllers because they don't respond as kick as the ones with a cord and they can be laggy sometime. Thats why I try to stay away from anything wireless.
    I have a wireless mouse and there is nothing wrong with the response time. However, it uses a ridiculous amount of batteries which can be a large unforeseen cost.

Looks promising. I think the X-Box team must have thought this wireless controller thing through and made really good receivers/infrared transmitters so you don't have a problem with lag and blocked signal. A lot of the problems you guys talk about are probably from cheap wireless controllers that are after-market from other companies not endorsed by Microsoft/Nintendo/Sony/Sega.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor
    Yea the name sucks, to much marketing. So you can do 360 in some alternative sports so that must be a cool word, but it doesn’t even represent the product. Unless they are trying to indicate that the Xbox is taking a total different direction. Either way I don’t care for it.
    If they were going for a turn-around then I would use 180. 360 means a full-rotation ending at the same point you started.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    If they were going for a turn-around then I would use 180. 360 means a full-rotation ending at the same point you started.
    LOL, good point. I guess that is why I am not in marketing ;-)

this probably means that the ps3 will also be coming out soon do you have pics of this

no there are not currently any official press releases of the ps3 ( if its called that )

high res pic of xbox 360 attached

EDIT: we already know the 3rd playstation will be released after the xbox 360, giving it an immediate advantage as it will have better spec, more time for game developers etc. My money is on the ps3
    Attached Images Attached Images

^^ and that is where you are wrong, just because a console is released after a competitors does not mean it will be better, hence the reason they say that release strategy is important and that is why ps2 owns in terms of long term sales. THe majority of the gaming community is already touting the next gen. consoles to be very different from each other.

The xbox is being touted as the most powerful of the two, as it now runs off new processor and graphic cards, it will also have ( presumably ) the option of a locked HD or removable hard drive. The reason why the PS3 wont have a huge advantage if released after the next gen. xbox is becuase it costs immense amonts of money to re work development after it goes past a certain stage in development and construction. PS3 will be powerfull allrite, but i doubt that it will match the presumed 512mb that the next xbox will have.

My money is on the next gen. xbox, im pretty sure that with online games being a crucial part of games, xbox will wipe the floor with sony. Furthermore, the contracts of several more 3rd and first party developers means that thier also in the box seat to have some pretty tasty titles coming out early. Then again there is fan loyalty and that will effect sales, so will the stigma that bill gates wants to destroy sony

In conclusion, Xbox 360 will clean the floor with better specs, sales, its in the air really, but ps3 is the fav.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    ^^ and that is where you are wrong, just because a console is released after a competitors does not mean it will be better, hence the reason they say that release strategy is important and that is why ps2 owns in terms of long term sales. THe majority of the gaming community is already touting the next gen. consoles to be very different from each other.

The xbox is being touted as the most powerful of the two, as it now runs off new processor and graphic cards, it will also have ( presumably ) the option of a locked HD or removable hard drive. The reason why the PS3 wont have a huge advantage if released after the next gen. xbox is becuase it costs immense amonts of money to re work development after it goes past a certain stage in development and construction. PS3 will be powerfull allrite, but i doubt that it will match the presumed 512mb that the next xbox will have.

My money is on the next gen. xbox, im pretty sure that with online games being a crucial part of games, xbox will wipe the floor with sony. Furthermore, the contracts of several more 3rd and first party developers means that thier also in the box seat to have some pretty tasty titles coming out early. Then again there is fan loyalty and that will effect sales, so will the stigma that bill gates wants to destroy sony

In conclusion, Xbox 360 will clean the floor with better specs, sales, its in the air really, but ps3 is the fav.
    Similarly to what blitz said, Microsoft is making this new s-e-X-BOX into a 'media-center' and not just a gaming console, having the license to use Microsoft's apps like DirectX and different Windows Utilities. Sony doesn't really have any of this.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

But if the Xbox is released first of course they will sell a huge amount of consoles so the sales would be more with Xbox than sony. It is deffenently better to sell first i think.

Thread Information