Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UCP's most controversial thread.

UCP's most controversial thread.

I thought maybe I'd make these boards a little more exciting by posting a little bit of controversy. Enjoy the four following points:

1. In almost every case, SUVs are hopelessly wasteful, and the people who drive them are inconsiderate morons.

2. Automatics are for lathargic slobs who can't drive properly.

3. Fanboys: The Nissan Skyline is not the greatest car ever. Get over it.

4. In general, both Mercedes and BMW are overrated.

1. In almost every case, SUVs are hopelessly wasteful, and the people who drive them are inconsiderate morons.

SUVs are useful, but I can understand why you dislike them. People still buy SUVs even when they don't need them, but you can make the same arguement about high performance cars.

Automatic transmissions are for convenience. I don't know why many people don't understand the fact that alot of people use cars just to get around, not for pleasure driving.

True, damn ricers.

No, the credit they get is well deserved. Companies like Ferrari are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    do you know what you said??????? IT ISNT THE GREATEST CAR EVER PRODUCED.............ITS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you sure do know how to stir people up Egg Nog, but i agree with what your saying, except maybe for the auto, i'd at least want a sequential function
    I am the Stig

I thought maybe I'd make these boards a little more exciting by posting a little bit of controversy. Enjoy the four following points:.

1. In almost every case, SUVs are hopelessly wasteful, and the people who drive them are inconsiderate morons..
    Im going to waste whatever Im supposed to be wasting this weekend with a whole heap of other inconsiderate morons down the South East coast of South Australia. Taking my camper trailer and Engle car fridge with all the other camping eqpt. Going driving over the beaches and sand dunes ( all prescribed driving areas) and camping in the bush away from other holiday makers. It gets quite boggy on the beach and I wonder what you would suggest I take on my next trip so that I dont waste so much of whatever it is Im wasting.

2. Automatics are for lathargic slobs who can't drive properly..
    And sales reps who dont want to risk rsi. Maybe have a place for people who view driving as a way to get to a destination and not a hobby. My cars ar both manuals however.

QED

In general.

Well done Egg Nog, let the battle begin.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Im going to waste whatever Im supposed to be wasting this weekend with a whole heap of other inconsiderate morons down the South East coast of South Australia. Taking my camper trailer and Engle car fridge with all the other camping eqpt. Going driving over the beaches and sand dunes ( all prescribed driving areas) and camping in the bush away from other holiday makers. It gets quite boggy on the beach and I wonder what you would suggest I take on my next trip so that I dont waste so much of whatever it is Im wasting.
    Well, I'm glad to hear that you're actually using them for off-road use. In this case they are not a waste, and you fit snugly into the category of "the rest". As you probably noticed, I said "in almost every case"

Damn it, I just made the thread less controversial. Wait a second...
    Every goddamn car except the Elise sucks!...WITHOUT EXCEPTION!.

Bwahahaha! Much better!

The Viper is a bathtub with a big engine, just like all Mercedes.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Lotus Flower

[QUOTE=Egg Nog]Damn it, I just made the thread less controversial. Wait a second...

Without exception, you are correct. The Elise is the best car every produced. The US version with the 190hp Toyota engine and 6spd will be something to behold.
    Now, if only I had 50k in loose change lying around...
    LTS= Likes To Speed.
    1991 Mecury Tracer LTS
    1.8L i-4; 150(ish)hp; 7k redline
    A Header, complete Cat-back exhaust including High-flow catylitic converter and a cone filter!!:):)

Well, I'm glad to hear that you're actually using them for off-road use. In this case they are not a waste, and you fit snugly into the category of "the rest". As you probably noticed, I said "in almost every case"

Damn it, I just made the thread less controversial. Wait a second...

Bwahahaha! Much better!
    The Elise sucks because it comes in yellow.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

I like SUV's - big and powerful... however, here in Qatar... ppl who drive Toyota LCs and Nissan Patrols aren't morons...calling them morons is an understatement.

Automatics are useful... but when I see ppl my age 'crusing' around in automatic's it makes me sick... gives me the impression they dont know how to drive. Plus I prefer manual.

The Skyline is a nice car.... I have total respect for it... however, no its not the greatest car ever.

I think so... and Ferrari. Specially Mercedes... a friend of mine has an E320... every week, its glass on the rear right door just falls! how gay? then it has to be dragged to the mechanic to be fixed... only for this process to repeat... in about a week.

suvs arnt usless and im not a moron i have a suv and the 4wd has been put to good use
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

The Elise is the domain of the wannabe racerboy. If you think you are good enough to drive this overcompromised go cart to its extremes, why not try cart racing? Better still a Caterham in a sports car race series.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    The Elise is the domain of the wannabe racerboy. If you think you are good enough to drive this overcompromised go cart to its extremes, why not try cart racing? Better still a Caterham in a sports car race series.
    Lotus Exige - an Elise race car
    One is being raced in the British RALLY CROSS series - yep rallycross, go figure
    Why do you say 'compromised go kart' ? "K"
    Elise stomps all over F40s and Lambos at my local track.
    In fact the Lambo driver has gone off twice making the mistake of trying to keep up.
    I let them have the braking zone, I get them on the exit. They are seriouslly FUN, and little is compromised.

the elise sucks and the skyline kicks it's ass. SUVs rule the world, especially the ones with automatic transmissions, like the X5 and G-wagon
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    the elise sucks and the skyline kicks it's ass. SUVs rule the world, especially the ones with automatic transmissions, like the X5 and G-wagon
    I almost took you seriously until you babbled the second sentence of pure nonsense
    kicks ass at what ?
    power/weight ? You have to do some serious mods to get a Skyline to match it. Hell you could by 2 Elises for what I've seen guys spend on R34s
    Watch them take a roundabout and the difference is clear.
    The Skyline is OK at one direction change but is just to big and heavy to handle a twisty.
    Great at drags though and I'd love one for the fun of 1000bhp, 4wd on a race track.

Thread Information