View Poll Results: what is your favourite type of motrsport?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • F1

31 33.70%
  • WRC

24 26.09%
  • NASCAR

4 4.35%
  • Australian V8 supercars

8 8.70%
  • BTCC (british touring cars)

2 2.17%
  • DTM

5 5.43%
  • Drag racing

4 4.35%
  • Tractor pulling

2 2.17%
  • karting

1 1.09%
  • Le mans

11 11.96%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: favourite motorsport?

favourite motorsport?

What is your favourite type of motorsport.
    Last edited by Mustang; 11-28-2005 at 02:25 PM.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

GOOD !! a 100% score for WRC
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by IL Duce
    GOOD !! a 100% score for WRC
    Definitely the best motorsport i think,
    but the poll has only been open 5 mins so lets hope it stays like that.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    What is your favourite type of motorsport.
    F1 and WRC, but I think WRC can be a little more exiting. But both are great and pilots must have exelent skills.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Niko_Fx; 03-14-2004 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    F1 and WRC, but I think WRC can be a little more exiting. But both are great and pilots must have exelent skills.
    Very true and still 100% WRC. YAY

i apologise for breaking the 100% WRC score !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Le Mans, and if possible historic.

Yeah, I broke it as well.

I've always been a F1 kind of a guy.

I like WRC but it doesn't really get any coverage here.

I would have to say WRC is my favorite, the drivers are the best in the world. Le Mans style sportscar racing would be the best if there was major involvement by the big car companies.

What about motorcycle racing, if you like stuff that goes fast you have to like Moto GP. Last year at Suzuka some of the Moto GP bikes were doing about 210mph!!!

For me it just doesn't get any better than V8 Supercars. The combination of the 50 year Ford vs Holden Rivalry put on the track, the capabilities of these cars (1350kg, 620hp), the drama on the track which at times erupts into such incidents like that seen at the final round last year. All of these things any many more makes it the most exciting motorsport for me.
    I am the Stig

1. F1
    2. WRC
    3. Le Mans
    4. DTM
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

1st: F1 - 2nd:WRC - 3rd: none

However, if there was a "World Sports Saloon/Coupe" Series (a.k.a. Group A/N), this would be of interest, because of the variety of cars competing. I believe the V8 supercars is just a Sponsors Holden vs Ford battle. (e.g. the Shell Ford vs the Mobil Holden etc.)

I would like to see a series of "normally" slightly modified for safety reasons, (roll cage, racetrack slick tires, no suspension, no engine modifications) series.
    This would be a low cost series, which would require minimal sponsorship and any person could start in.

This would have the normal Holden's and Ford's versus the BMW's, Mercedes, Audi and the Japanese and Americans. The series would include cars from all countries.

Each country would run their own series, with the winners racing in a one-off final at a famous track, (e.g. nuremburg, silverstone, daytona, etc.) which would rotate each year to whoever, one the last series.
    We work to live, and to live is to drive a BMW 330i at speed.

https://www.facebook.com/BMW330iMSport/

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitt
    However, if there was a "World Sports Saloon/Coupe" Series (a.k.a. Group A/N), this would be of interest, because of the variety of cars competing. I believe the V8 supercars is just a Sponsors Holden vs Ford battle. (e.g. the Shell Ford vs the Mobil Holden etc.)

The last thing the V8 Supercars is, is a sponsors battle. Everyone is in there for the thrill of driving and the competition aspect of it. If it was simply a sponsors battle then it wouldn't be the worlds best touring car category
    I am the Stig

OK, it may be the "best" touring car category at the moment. But to have near identical looking cars, and the race commentators calling each car by it's sponsors prefix (e.g. the "Shell Ford" and "Mobil Holden" )it sounds like a sponsors battle from an outsiders standpoint. They don't call the F1 like that (e.g. the Malboro Ferrari, or the West McLaren, etc.)

I used to love touring car racing, in the days of the Sierra RS500s, Jaguar XJSs, Mazda RX-7s, BMW M3s and 635s, Nissan Skylines, Chevrolet Camaros, and the Ford Falcons and Holden Commodores. When the non-Aussie V8 cars were dropped, I lost interest. I believe, if you can't compete, get better, not change the rules. I more like to see a competition of makes, than a competition of drivers, which was my original point for wanting a better "Touring Car" series. (Even WRC have more competing makes.)
    Last edited by kiwitt; 03-14-2004 at 09:25 PM.
    We work to live, and to live is to drive a BMW 330i at speed.

https://www.facebook.com/BMW330iMSport/

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitt
    OK, it may be the "best" touring car category at the moment. But to have near identical looking cars, and the race commentators calling each car by it's sponsors prefix (e.g. the "Shell Ford" and "Mobil Holden" )it sounds like a sponsors battle from an outsiders standpoint. They don't call the F1 like that (e.g. the Malboro Ferrari, or the West McLaren, etc.)
    anyone with a good eye will be able to pick the cars apart. they only get called by their sponsors because its the sponsorship liveries that set the cars apart. not only that, but theres over 30 cars competing in the V8 Supercars and only 10 teams in F1 running 2 cars each. in V8 Supercars theres probably getting close to 20 teams competing so you can see why it may get easier for the commentators, of which only 1 (neil crompton) has any legitimate racing experience
    I am the Stig

Thread Information