Thread: Alpine A310 Group 4

Alpine A310 Group 4

A replacement for the A110.
    The A310 started out life with a 4 cylinder engine, but BURST into life when they fitted the V6
    The BIG wheel arches were typical 70s add-ons to house seriously wide wheels for tarmac events.
    My favourite styling difference was the early models which had a full width lighting glass with spots and fogs fitted in line with the headlights.
    As with all Alpine rally cars, not the extra spots pointing out at 45 degrees - these were necessary to see round corners as they would always be taken sideways.
    Unfortunately it was not a great success as it was extremeley tail happy and side-lined as Renault used Alpine expertise to go after F1 and Le Mans wins.
    Enjoy Part 1....

I like engines with barrels and NO electronics
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Enjoy Part 2....

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

There are a few A310s in the US for those who'd like to try their driving sideways.

You might even see this one on track occasionally

Sorry guys, I don't think many managed to get down-under

great car, pity it needed 6 cylinders to come alive, the additional weight of which has obviously resulted in an extreme sideways tendency. The smaller A110 was the better balanced car.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    great car, pity it needed 6 cylinders to come alive, the additional weight of which has obviously resulted in an extreme sideways tendency. The smaller A110 was the better balanced car.
    Definately.
    The A310 had an obscene weight balance with that engine hung WAY out back.
    Something they didn't get sorted out until 15 years later with the A610

i must say . i would prefer a A110
    the car looks very much like a 70's sport car ... it reminds me of DeTomaso Pantera ...
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

cool pictures

Dasmodell was thinking the exact same thing i was, that car reminds me a lot of the DeTomoso Pantera.

Thread Information