Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Info

Kazaa Info

Hi guys, I'm sorry to make a thread about this but is just that I cannot find the right info anywhere and you might be able to help me.

What happened with the whole kazaa deal??

Can I download music from Kazaa legally and free??

Or do I have to pay a big fine because bands like Metallica who are so "poor" complain about the whole thing??

Need some info...

BTW I'm talking about downloading music in the USA, cause in some countries like mine (Vzla) Laws don't apply to anything.... sad/funny

Thanks

-Niko

Kazaa Media Desktop is the latest version. A mate told me it installs spyware and stuff, and I'm pretty certain he's right. Lots of lovely popups too. SInce I re-installed it to grab a few AC/DC song my whole PC's gone dodgy. I think it needs completely reformatting
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

niko,

you can download it for free, and use it for free.
    Becarful though with your ip address and less people are using it now.
    There are other good ones here

list

go down the list, win mx is another good one

download anything, vids, mp3, images.....

oh and yes it does install spyware, thats how it makes its money
    Last edited by UK CARS; 06-09-2004 at 11:48 PM.

there are other applications that are better than kazaa, for expample bear share, direct connect.....

I suggest getting Kazaa Lite, its the same as regular kazaa but without the pop-ups or spyware. just do a search for it.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

LimeWire is what i use and it works well for me

Thanks for all your replies

Yeah I had Kazaa Lite... And out of all the programs to download music that I've had (Napster, Kazaa, Imesh, Morpheus, Win Mx, etc) Kazaa Lite has been the best one.

Are you positive that with Kazaa lite or Win Mx I won't have any problems here?

Should be no problems, I've been using kazaalite for about 2 years, but to be honest I liked the "old" morpheous format the best.

You don't expect the RIAA to kick down your door and drag you away in the middle of the night do you?

I use BitTorrent. SuprNova usually has what I'm looking for. They've got full albums and such if you're looking for music. Another great thing about Torrents: you can probably find what you're looking for by searching Google for "[what you're looking for] Torrent." There are lots of different BT clients out there. I use the official one, but there are better ones out where you can limit your upload speeds and such.
    No-so-proud owner of a 1986 Mustang LX with the 2.3L four. Anyone wanna buy it? $500. I'll post some pics and info in the user's rides section soon.

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can get me to the sun and back in 5 seconds flat.

I wanna see a comparison test between the Saleen SR, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ford GT, and Ferrari Challange Stradale. Anyone wanna help me with that? I already know who'd win, though ;).

If I recall, the new KLite is a pay service. When I reformatted a few weeks ago, it took me a few days to find an old version. www.oldversion.com has just about every free version they made. Screw the system.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I have KazaaLite but don't use it much. Yeah I'm afraid of the RIAA...I'm a coward
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

I've had KLite for a while now and never had a problem, I wouldn't worry too much about the RIAA, they won't find you
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Legally, you can download as much music as you want. There is no law against downloading the music. Where you get in trouble is if you turn around and share that music to other people. Downloading is legal, sharing or providing it for other people to download is illegal.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Legally, you can download as much music as you want. There is no law against downloading the music. Where you get in trouble is if you turn around and share that music to other people. Downloading is legal, sharing or providing it for other people to download is illegal.
    I heard that they started looking for people who was sharing 1000+ files... That's why I try to keep my shared folder empty. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    If I recall, the new KLite is a pay service. When I reformatted a few weeks ago, it took me a few days to find an old version. www.oldversion.com has just about every free version they made. Screw the system.
    Ok thanks, I'm gonna try that link right now

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    Should be no problems, I've been using kazaalite for about 2 years, but to be honest I liked the "old" morpheous format the best.
    I never liked Morpheus much... Well never got to use it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    You don't expect the RIAA to kick down your door and drag you away in the middle of the night do you?
    Just making sure!!! You should never mess with the law in this country!

Nah, I don't expect that, but if they come I'll just show them were my brother sleeps cause I know they will be looking for him

I've had KLite for a while now and never had a problem, I wouldn't worry too much about the RIAA, they won't find you
    Ok, thanks

I have KazaaLite but don't use it much. Yeah I'm afraid of the RIAA...I'm a coward
    Just keep in mind Matt's info

Thanks everybody.

I recommend u get Kazaa lite like someone else said. No spyware and other crap. Just make sure u go to options and traffic and turn off sharing. u can find it better if u go to msn search and look for it but kazaa.times.lv u can just download it there.

Thread Information