Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HSV W427: Australia's First Supercar?

Nota, from memory all of the nagari's had v8's, the bolwell mk 7 had the holden straight 6 similar to an xu1 spec but with the 202 size instead of the 186. I have a friend who has a mark7 with a fully bombed 202 and he cant keep diffs in the thing so its getting a 9 inch conversion.
    As for the w427, even though im a diehard ford freak id take a look at this car, but its the typical australian car formula of find a 4 door, stuff a huge motor in it and worry bout the rest later. Also, I cant see FPV doing anything like this, Tickford and Fpv have been soft c*cks since day one.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Any idea what the rolling acceleration for the W427 is? Where talking about its standing start acceleration putting it in the supercar leagues, but all the supercar boys are over 0-100 and 400m and have moved on to 0-200km/h and 1000km etc.
    I am the Stig

The Wheels report doesn't quote any rolling start times. I guess the next issue of Motor will have the times. Or wait until the next issue of Wheels when I suspect there will be a comparison between this and a couple of the Euro Super Saloons.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Brakes alone are worth more then my car.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

it's a super saloon in the same vein as the RS6 and M5 but not a supercar
    current supercars have a 0-60 under 4 seconds and over 200mph top speed
    it does have a exceedingly ugly grill though

The front is not very good looking.

*waits for "super" Pontiac G8 to be announced*

Quote Originally Posted by WyleECoyote View Post
    why go that far when you have it here - http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...-hsv-w427.html
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

i want to see what it looks like with the grille painted the same colour as the body..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

DONT GET TO OVER EXCITED ON THIS W427,i was told monday by a holden dealer that they are not makin 427 or them they are going to make more 500 so they can shove the collectors car now . also he took a deposit of 10 grand for one and on the road this commodore will cost 178.890.00 on the road? i cannot justify so much money for a commodore with a big v8 honestly would you? its just a gts with a 427 pushrod v8 i think not.i would buy something like a bmw m5 or amg merc even a pommie jag (not),i mean buy a gts put a vortech blower on it and bye bye 427 and only spend 8 to 9 grand think about it good choice hey, and yes i love my holdens and fords but i would"nt waste 178.000.00 grand on it

Quote Originally Posted by COBRAXR8 View Post
    DONT GET TO OVER EXCITED ON THIS W427,i was told monday by a holden dealer that they are not makin 427 or them they are going to make more 500 so they can shove the collectors car now
    whoop de f*cking doo
    500 is still not a lot considering how many commodores are clogging up the road
    i cannot justify so much money for a commodore with a big v8
    there are plenty of people who can, so....
    .i would buy something like a bmw m5 or amg merc
    yawn
    the M5 is even uglier. why not save the money and get the CSV 427?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Excelent it finally seems holden will build one of the white elephants their been talking up, but the pricing is all out of whack. It seems the concept of taking a loss on a image building car is a thing of the past in the past both ford and holden where reputed to loose money on GTHOs and Monaro GTS models in the effort to build their brand...I cant see why they dont shave a large portion off it and and call it marketing?

I want this car to be built mostly to see if ford will create an answer for it.....
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

yawn
    have you eva driven a bmw? thought not handles like its on rails, safety,quality,100% better than a 427,and why waste money thats going to loose 30 grand once you drive it thu the gates, ive seen what happened to all the other white elephants lmfao and the loosers who brought them,mined you ford has had some to but not as many.. and if you get five take a bmw for a drive, even a 530i sports. i bagged them to till i drove one now im trying to get one il spend 70 grand on one just for the build quality.
    Last edited by COBRAXR8; 08-24-2008 at 05:57 AM.

Punctuation.

Please use it.

That is all.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

yawn
    have you eva driven a bmw thought not handles like its on rails, safety,quality,100% better than a 427,and why waste money thats going to loose 30 grand once you drive it thu the gates, i seen what happened to all the other white elephants lmfao and the loosers who brought them,mined you ford has had some to but not as many.. and if you get five take a bmw for a drive even a 530i sports. i bagged them to till i drove one now im trying to get one il spend 70 grand on one just for the build quality
    Our cars are just as safe and nowdays the build quality is far from 100% diffrence youll find there is a slight improvement but if anything my time at a BMW dealership taught me that they are VERY far from perfect ESPECIALLY in the interior while the materials are better the presentation and how it is put together is often fiddly and stacked together more like lego then an overpriced luxuary car...they also have poor colour choices on leather surfaces which shows up the dirt like shit stuck to a blanket and are no more resiliant to australias harsh sun then any one elses attempts.

And if they have 150k to spend on a car one would assume that they are not loosers to spend that sort of coin. But I do get your point like how humerous I found it when people bought HSV XU6's or matas brand new and where less then amused when it turns out their half assed HSV wasnt worth crap all when it came time to replace it. but that is a way of getting bargin 10 years after the fact so im not going to knock them too much when i could be driving a manta with a grille cut out and hsv suspension and driveline for not much more then a SS and have a much more desirable hertige then an average one.

While its your choice what car youd want to spend your money on your reasons are very far from correct and if you need parts youll be waiting for parts to come from eastern europe as opposed to a ford or holden which will take considrably less time all considering the plants usually have a fair stock of parts (and lets not forget cheaper parts due to tax reliefs on local cars)

They are good cars you are talking about but your being very unrealistic about them.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Thread Information