Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Motorsport 3

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    That, or the bad simulation of less powerful cars, or the bad simulation of FWD cars, or the bad simulation of car's physics once it loses contact with the road, or the bad simulation of the engine's sound, or...
    I can forgive Polyphony for the engine sounds, I mean, they recorded themselves all of them, and there are what, 720 cars? I'd probably cut corners as well if I had to record exhaust sounds all day. Granted, recording 40 Skyline's isn't too much hassle, record one, copy, paste 39 times, rename the files from GT-Rlol1.wav to GT-Rlol40.wav, and off you go.

As for the rest, I agree, but those problems doesn't bother me as much as the tyre grip issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Just be careful which end you use eh?

*edit* to davids comment
    Are you referring to the pipe or the knob?...

Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Then you are missing a lot....GT4 has decent feel of when the grip drops off the tire when you steer past the peak of self aligning torque, which is the most important aspect of simulating the steering effect. All that shaking and rattling is secondary to that. I haven't tried enthusia, so I can't comment, but as an experience GT4 is good enough for a console. Which I expect GT5 to be at least as good, and hopefully better...

Fanatec wheel is getting good review for PC, but the wheel is just part of it, since it never had a good wheel before who knows if Xbox360/Forza's FFB code is any good....but at least its a start...
    even without a wheel, I managed to lap the 'Ring in 6:58 in a stock Zonda S, and a second or two slower in a stock Ford GT and stock MB SLR, so I think I perceived when there was grip and when there wasn't.
    GT4 was on the top of my list until I tried something else.
    I gave it a try, after I think a ywar or even more, last week. A complete fail.
    Read my previous post for its major issues, imo.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    I can forgive Polyphony for the engine sounds, I mean, they recorded themselves all of them, and there are what, 720 cars? I'd probably cut corners as well if I had to record exhaust sounds all day. Granted, recording 40 Skyline's isn't too much hassle, record one, copy, paste 39 times, rename the files from GT-Rlol1.wav to GT-Rlol40.wav, and off you go.

As for the rest, I agree, but those problems doesn't bother me as much as the tyre grip issue.
    Do you really believe they recorded all the sounds, when cars like the Zonda C12 are featured? or the Original Daimler/Benz tricycle?
    Note that the C12 has been built in 3 or 4 units.
    Sincerely, I can't believe anymore to all that they are saying about their game.
    If you really recorded 780 cars, then do it properly or stfu and don't do it, I didn't ask for it.
    Also, who needs 780 cars when half of them are silly copies of the other half (see 40 Skylines at least)?
    Or when more than half of them are badly simulated, and the other half isn't simulated at all?

Ok, it's clear, I hate it, sorry for the fanboy-ism.

If you are looking to match the laptime anyway, then the game always tend to be much simpler, they always tried to compensate for the lack of feedback by giving you more speed to force you to react quicker. I play most games these days just to get the "jump-in-and-drive" fun out of it. And you don't exactly do that with a game pad....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Do you really believe they recorded all the sounds, when cars like the Zonda C12 are featured? or the Original Daimler/Benz tricycle?
    Note that the C12 has been built in 3 or 4 units.
    Sincerely, I can't believe anymore to all that they are saying about their game.
    If you really recorded 780 cars, then do it properly or stfu and don't do it, I didn't ask for it.
    Also, who needs 780 cars when half of them are silly copies of the other half (see 40 Skylines at least)?
    Or when more than half of them are badly simulated, and the other half isn't simulated at all?

Ok, it's clear, I hate it, sorry for the fanboy-ism.
    Yeah I do believe they did, I don't remember where but there was a documentary where you'd see them in a giant parking lot full of cars recording the sounds. I suppose they couldn't record all of them and had to simulate some, hence why they aren't all perfect.

No, it's not necessary to have so many different models of the GT-R, RX-7, Impreza, Lancer, etc.

Featuring 720 cars is part of GT4's appeal, and possibly its biggest problems. Simulating perfectly 720 cars certainly requires an incredibly huge amount of resources, and Polyphony, despite having a big team (100 developers IIRC) still is nowhere near having a team big enough to do it. If they had developed GT4 with, say, 25 cars, it would have been über realistic, but yet very redundant because of the lack of different stuff.

Still, I admire the work they did with this game, the models are beautifully rendered, as are the tracks, and IMO the engine sounds aren't half bad.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

If you are looking to match the laptime anyway, then the game always tend to be much simpler, they always tried to compensate for the lack of feedback by giving you more speed to force you to react quicker. I play most games these days just to get the "jump-in-and-drive" fun out of it. And you don't exactly do that with a game pad....
    I think understand what you mean about the wheel.
    Enthusia btw gives you a much more realistic speed, and even if I never obviously drove any of the cars featured basically, the feeling and behavior are much more realistic.
    Opponents are smart, and the tracks are good. Unfortunately the game asks you to perform pretty similar races for similar cars you picked to drive, so it gets repetitive. Tsukuba has to be their home for how many times you're asked to race in it.

Graphics look good, thrilled about the road circuits.

And I don't think it being so graphically good will affect the gameplay, though they said the second one totalled the specs the 360 always got a little bit more to give - (otherwise it would'nt have lasted so long, I've opened mine up and its little below today's standards of gaming spec). And seriously they would've have thought about making another for this console if they were going to comprise part of the game, it wouldn't do much for the name and it'll be a huge waste of time.

When's the 360 going to be replaced? I heard 2011, I think.
    Last edited by #1 Mustang Fan; 06-02-2009 at 09:14 PM.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan View Post
    Graphics look good, thrilled about the road circuits.

And I don't think it being so graphically good will affect the gameplay, though they said the second one totalled the specs the 360 always got a little bit more to give - (otherwise it would've lasted so long, I've opened mine up and its little below today's standards of gaming spec). And seriously they would've have thought about making another for this console if they were going to comprise part of the game, it wouldn't do much for the name and it'll be a huge waste of time.

When's the 360 going to be replaced? I heard 2011, I think.
    I don't think FM2 was topping the 360 specs.

Newer consoles are extremely difficult to program on (PS3 especially) and FM2 was released about 1.5 years after the 360 was released, and was likely rushed to generate buzz/sales early in the console lifespan, since the original FM was such a hit.

Saying a game is topping a console's specs is only used to generate hype. "OMFG LOLOLOL DIS GAME MUST BE TEH SHITE ITS TOPPING TEH 360 UBER SPECZ OMG OMG"

There are still people programming on the venerable MOS 6502 processor, which was released in 1975 and there are still new programming tricks to be found. And the 6502 was rudimentary crude and simple, so I'm not gonna believe anyone who says he/she has found the limit of the 360's Xenon and Xenos CPU/GPU.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Eh the thing is though, it's not only about the most ultra-realistic driving experience. If you want that, go buy a cheap car and take it to a track, I promise it'll feel just like a real car.

No, I love a game like Forza2 and 3 now because of the cars themselves, driving them yes, but seeing them, trying to get the very best tune, customizing them in my own way, etc. I'm actually a pretty terrible driver but I spend hours test driving and observing data for tuning and maybe even more making realistic paint jobs.

To me, I love these games for the same reason some people build model cars. For instance here's my latest. B class Travis Pastrana's WRX STi
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

omgomgomgomgomg you can flip a car! finally!
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

i just can't play racing games with steering wheels, can't do it. i find the pad more intuitive. i tried GT4 with a steering wheel at chris' house, was rubbish. tried live for speed, was waaaay better than keyboard, but still bad..
    wheels are even worse, imo, because they attempt to mimic something familiar but fall so, so short,because you're expecting the same sensation as when you're actually driving, whereas the pad is so unrelated it's easier to correlate with what's happening on screen.
    that said, i haven't gone and splooged eleventybillion dollars on some top spec game wheel either. so if there is one out there that provides enough resistance to mimic unassisted steering, i'll consider giving a wheel a go - it's just too weaksauce otherwise
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 06-02-2009 at 03:39 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I can't play GT4 with a pad anymore.. gotta be my logi DFP. Shame MS have essentially DRMed proper force feedback on the 360.. last time I checked only the MS wheel can has it.

Looks tits, I love it.

Cant wait to get to painting and modifying, then going for a slide on the touge tracks.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i just can't play racing games with steering wheels, can't do it. i find the pad more intuitive. i tried GT4 with a steering wheel at chris' house, was rubbish. tried live for speed, was waaaay better than keyboard, but still bad..
    wheels are even worse, imo, because they attempt to mimic something familiar but fall so, so short,because you're expecting the same sensation as when you're actually driving, whereas the pad is so unrelated it's easier to correlate with what's happening on screen.
    that said, i haven't gone and splooged eleventybillion dollars on some top spec game wheel either. so if there is one out there that provides enough resistance to mimic unassisted steering, i'll consider giving a wheel a go - it's just too weaksauce otherwise

Thats my issue too.

Sorry for the double post - but here... is a link of a few cars known and confirmed in the game - NOT the whole list

Alfa Romeo
    8C Competizione

Audi
    2010 R8 V10

Aston Martin:
    2009 DBS

BMW
    2009 M3
    2008 135i Coupe

Chevrolet
    2006 Corvette Z06

Corvette ZR1

Dodge
    Viper ACR

Ferrari
    2007 F430 Scuderia
    599 GTB Fiorano

Ford
    2005 GT

Jaguar
    XKR-S

Lamborghini
    Murciélago LP640

McLaren
    SLR

Nissan
    2009 370Z

Maserati
    Gran Turismo S

Pagani
    Zonda

TVR
    Sagaris

Also confirmed are SUV's, Supermini's, More classics and new race cars.
    Last edited by whiteballz; 06-02-2009 at 07:56 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    =
    Also confirmed are SUV's
    ...why?

Thread Information