Page 507 of 536 FirstFirst ... 7407457497505506507508509517 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

Quote Originally Posted by Savageduck View Post
    I am only planning to be there on the Saturday & Sunday. I will be driving up from my place 90 miles South at Lake Nacimiento both days as there is no hotel accommodation for the entire week.
    My other option is to rent an RV and hit the campground, then perhaps do Fri, Sat, & Sun.
    So I hope you have all your accommodation reservations made.
    we did...will you be at the pre historics?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    we did...will you be at the pre historics?
    Friday for the Quail Run at the Lodge, or Thursday for the Concours at PB?
    I thought I would skip that. I just don't feel like making the drive 3 days in a row. I am getting to be an old fart. Perhaps next year I will plan a bit better.

I will probably just do the paddock & track thing.
    Regards,
    Savageduck

"The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature, but plunges him more deeply into them."
    Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

Friday for the Quail Run at the Lodge, or Thursday for the Concours at PB?
    I thought I would skip that. I just don't feel like making the drive 3 days in a row. I am getting to be an old fart. Perhaps next year I will plan a bit better.

I will probably just do the paddock & track thing.
    pre historics is just the weekend before the actual historic races. and accomodation for that weekend is mostly easily available. Salinas is a very convenient place to stay if you are not going further than the track.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    pre historics is just the weekend before the actual historic races. and accomodation for that weekend is mostly easily available. Salinas is a very convenient place to stay if you are not going further than the track.
    I guess that might be worth thinking of. I need to make a few calls. It is a quick drive down 68 from Salinas, and actually gets you to the track quicker than from Monterey.
    Regards,
    Savageduck

"The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature, but plunges him more deeply into them."
    Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    Cool, i've got mechanical breaks, but i would love hiraulics breaks, my bike 5 years old so soon i'll buy a new one because thing my bike are starting to go wronge. How much diffrense can you tell betwen machanical and hihaulics breaks.
    The main difference comes from the feel and breaking power, with the machanical setup i could feel the wire strech, kind like a spongy feeling, the hydraulics feel solid, brake more with less finger force and they give me a lot more feel for the bite point. I also changed the front disk from 160mm to a 203mm, i kept having heat problems with the 160 but it runs great now.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    From what I understand, it depends on whether it's disc or rim brakes. Nice rim brakes are better than shite disc brakes, apparently. My pushie has.. adequate.. rim brakes. Discs are better in the rain, but unless you're real srs about things, rim brakes are probably fine.
    Defenitly, a good set of V-brakes work a lot better than crap discs. my old bike has V-brakes and they work a lot better than the mechanical disk on the new one did. Before buying the hidraulic i was preparing to swap the v-brake to the front from the old one.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Since this is the latest purchase showcase, here is my 10 day old new set of wheels, my 2011 E-Class replacing my 2008 E350.
    Very nice, what engine has it got.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

see post 7586...(as Savageduck is most likely asleep as we speak...)

I'm guessing it's the old 90 degree V6 rather than the new 60 degree one, from the power output and the mileage figures.. if that was what you were pondering.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I'm guessing it's the old 90 degree V6 rather than the new 60 degree one, from the power output and the mileage figures.. if that was what you were pondering.
    Correct, I have the 90 degree V6, the new V6 has a slightly higher output, but will only be available in the US sometime around October.
    For now I am quite happy with what I have, basically the same reliable engine I had for the prior 3 years.
    Regards,
    Savageduck

Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

I made some of these:

I nicked the idea from here, but simplified and changed the design to reflect the pallets I'm used to.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do you have a gnome-scale forklift?

That really should be the next thing, but.. effort.. :P

Attached Images Attached Images

Alpine SPR60
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Since this is the latest purchase showcase, here is my 10 day old new set of wheels, my 2011 E-Class replacing my 2008 E350.
    Congrats, SD... at a certain age, one values comfort and civility in one's transportation choices.

As to those miniature pallets presented by one of our unfortunate Aussie friends... WTF?

Oh, hey crisis... nice speakers.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

those pallets are cute beats normal drink coasters
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information