Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Volkswagen Station Wagons -- Best of 1960s!

Matra, try having a high school Spanish teacher named Mr. Wagner! Wagner? Hmmm....sounds German, right? Yep! And first generation immigrant too with the accent. Imagine Arnold Schwartzenegger teaching spanish to get my drift! LOL

I'm on Facebook and still "chummy" with friends back in the day. It is still fun to "rag" on how we can speak Spanish with a German accent!
    Last edited by NorTex; 11-13-2011 at 03:41 PM.
    "When travelling down the freeway, the first bug to hit a clean windshield will always land directly in front of the driver's face."

Never got Three's Company in UK as it was a remake of the "Man about the House" show from here
    I speak all my languages with a Scottish accent ... for some it's helpful for some a hindrance
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

In Alaska we had a lot of Ukranian/Russian immigrants, and along with the Eskimo-speak, we had two versions how to pronounce "Knik River." ....To me it seems like "Cuh-nick" would be proper but it's said as "kna-ick" without an accented syllable added.
    "When travelling down the freeway, the first bug to hit a clean windshield will always land directly in front of the driver's face."

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Never got Three's Company in UK as it was a remake of the "Man about the House" show from here
    I speak all my languages with a Scottish accent ... for some it's helpful for some a hindrance
    I would love to hear "Nordschleife" in a Scottish accent haha

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    I would love to hear "Nordschleife" in a Scottish accent haha
    Next time you meet a Scotsman, ask him to say 'burgler alarm'.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    From the date of that ad I'd guess the old squareback one.

BUT is it possible it was the US designation for the VW bus ??
    good one!!!

Toyota corolla :

Toyota Corolla Price
    Rs 10,62,790* - Rs 14,83,310*
    Toyota Corolla Petrol Models

Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 J This base petrol variant comes fitted with ABS with EBD, tilt-telescopic power steering, power window and other standard features.
    Toyota Corolla Altis G This variant comes fitted with some added features like SRS airbags, keyless entry, advanced audio system, power windows and Multi-information display etc.
    Toyota Corolla Altis GL This car features rear sunshade, electric powered driver seat lumber support, 8 way power driver seat, HID headlamps with retractable washers etc.
    Toyota Corolla Altis VL The top-end variant of the car is blessed with cruise control, 4 speed automatic with super ECT and other features which are there in G and GL variants.

Toyota Corolla Variants
    Variants Transmission Engine Description Mileage Power AC Power Steering Central Locking
    City Highway
    1.8 J (Petrol) Manual 1794cc
    4 Cylinder 16 Valve 10.5 14.5 132 PS @ 6000 rpm Standard Standard Standard
    G (Petrol) Manual 1794cc
    GL (Petrol) Manual 1794cc
    VL (Petrol) Automatic 1794cc
    4 Cylinder 16 Valve 9.5 14.3 132 PS @ 6000 rpm Standard Standard Standard
    Diesel D4DJ (Diesel) Manual 1364cc
    4 Cylinder 16 Valve 16.0 18.0 88.4PS at 3800rpm Standard Standard Standard
    Diesel D4DG (Diesel) Manual 1364cc
    Diesel D4DGL (Diesel) Manual 1364cc

New Toyota Altis is one of the biggest car brand been launched by Japanese car maker Toyota Motors. This car would be pruduced in India at its Indian plant Toyota Kirloskar Motor. The most amazing about the car is its amazing style and improved engine versions with advanced technologies like engine transmission, which gear up the vehicle for better fuel efficiency. It is expected that it is going to be competitive partner for Skoda and Honda group of company models.

Engine of the new Corolla Altis is a 1.8L variable valve timing with intelligence (VVT-i). This very special engine of the car is capable of delivering a power of 140bhp. This VVT-i engine is a 4 cylinder type with 16 valves in built, which is capable of delivering a displacement of 1794cc. Maximum power which can be delivered is 132ps at the rate of 6000 rpm. While on the other hand maximum torque delivered is 17.34 Kg m/4200 rpm. Transmission offered by the car is a four speed automatic with super ECT type. Front suspension are Mac Pherson Strut type while the rear suspension are Torsion beam. Steering is equipped with Electric Power Steering (EPS) technology.

Presently Corolla Altis is featured with wider and lower front character line, exterior flow line is also very distinctive. Wing mirror of the car is provided with turn indicators, transmission is totally alectronocally controlled, parking sensors are present at the car at the front and the rear side, AC is auto climate controlled, audio system is totally integrated, steering control is tilt and telescopic vision equipped. Other feature include 08 way power front seat. The turning radius of the car is just 5.3m.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 05-26-2014 at 08:34 AM.

^^^ Talk about a pointless OT post, and his first. Bot or browser? Delete or?

On topic: as the owner of a '64 VW Bus, the passenger versions are indeed "station wagons" and were marketed that way... it's even on the owner's manual. Other models include the Single and Double Cab Pickup trucks and standard panel vans sold for commercial use; Volkswagen marketed and internally identified them as such. Type 3 and 4 variants weren't called wagons by VW.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Next time you meet a Scotsman, ask him to say 'burgler alarm'.
    Didn't they do that on Top Gear? lol

I had a Type 3 VW Station Wagon in the 70s at one stage it was 1500cc, then 1500cc Judson blower the eventually 1600 S twinn carb it had extractors and a little tiny muffler when I would drive my son to school he would get on the floor because he said he was embarrsed by the noise it did sound rather loud.

JF

Volkswagen is actually one of my favorite cars, especially the old ones. My grand parents had their own volkswagen too and I clearly remember how we drove along the street with my grand parents Volkswagen Polo Mark IIF. Anyway, since we're all fan of Volkswagen cars, let me share the good news with you guys. I read from an article recently that Volkswagen will unveil the E-Bugster, a next-generation concept of the iconic Beetle, at the 2012 Detroit Motor Show Monday. The chopped design houses a brand new electric drivetrain. The concept is part of the VW's bid to become the world's top car maker. Some say, however, that the design, striking as it is, is wrong-thinking in today's industry. Article source:2012 Volkswagen e-Bugster Concept - Images, Specifications and Information
    Last edited by henk4; 01-12-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Thread Information