Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lamborghini Urus

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    II feel like with a regular Lambo, you still have the excuse of using it on weekends for a track car, but this leaves you with nothing other than I'm rich and I'd like to make sure everyone knows that. I'm slightly disgusted.
    Lamborghinis aren't really meant to be track cars.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Goddamn! For the second time in your existence you make a good point.
    When I first read about this, I had the knee-jerk car guy reaction; I was angry. However, as a child I was, and am, a big fan of the LM002 and I'm not sure how to reconcile that with the recent trend of exotic manufacturers adding lifted high-powered bricks and blobs to their lineups, which I am resolutely against.
    I still do not like this, in fact it weakens my respect for the LM002, but it makes sense in a weird sort of way.
    What was the first time?

I'd've much prefered this if it was more AMG G-wagon/LM002 - actually [kind of] meant to go offroad but totally ludicrous in the drivetrain department. This is kind of.. boring, really. Makes as much sense as a Cayenne [all of our customers have a SUV, so why not sell them one] and will probably do well for Lambo. Given it'll help fund the models we all want to see, I'm not going to complain.. too much.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I'd've much prefered this if it was more AMG G-wagon/LM002 - actually [kind of] meant to go offroad but totally ludicrous in the drivetrain department. This is kind of.. boring, really. Makes as much sense as a Cayenne [all of our customers have a SUV, so why not sell them one] and will probably do well for Lambo. Given it'll help fund the models we all want to see, I'm not going to complain.. too much.
    It is a Cayenne.

I agree with your thoughts on off road capability. The first generation Cayenne actually could go off road.

The new one probably still can, but it probably won't be as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Lamborghinis aren't really meant to be track cars
    likely not, but at least a sports car does a better job of it than an suv

GTRish profile, I like.

Quote Originally Posted by P3RG4R3C View Post
    GTRish profile, I like.
    It actually reminds me more of a smushed Range Rover Evoque, in a bad way though.

Beltlines on cars are way too high now.

I remember Lamborghini as a low, sharp and sporty beast. Now this? Total opposite. But maybe it is just that I am old-fashioned, or that I used to play with Diablo and Countach scale models ))).

Agreed on the high beltline in today's cars (GT-R). I also feel the same for ride height.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Don't like it at all, it looks awful. Lamborghini was so good in the 90's but then when VAG bought them, it has been all downhill ever since. OK, Lamborghini made the LM002 20 years ago and it was great - let it be. The tasteless, styleless, corporate businessmen who now control Lambo have no obligation to attempt something similar.

Thread Information