Thread: Six Villa d'Este highlights including the Aston Martin One-77 and the BMW Spicup ...

Six Villa d'Este highlights including the Aston Martin One-77 and the BMW Spicup ...

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

Hot on the heels of our full report of the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este, we now take a closer look at six of the most interesting cars in the event. Four of them are world premieres while the other two are very rare cars dressed in an Italian suit.
    Aston Martin used the Villa d'Este concours to reveal the first running version of the upcoming One-77 super car. Priced at a million pounds, it features a bespoke carbon fibre chassis and an extensively modified 7.3 litre version of the familiar V12 engine. Production will commence early in 2010. At the same time Morgan will start delivering the first examples of the Aero SuperSport. It is the latest development of the 'Aero' line and features a Targa style roof with removable panels. The car was launched at Villa d'Este to celebrate the manufacturer's 100th anniversary. Down the road at Villa Erbe, Bugatti also celebrated their centenary with the aptly named Veyron 16.4 Centenaire. Each of the four examples display was painted in a famous racing color to highlight the marque's racing heritage. After a year's absence Bertone made a startling return to Villa d'Este with the very wild Mantide. Under the Jason Castriota penned lines is a Corvette ZR1 chassis and engine, giving it supercar performance. For now the car is a one-off but Bertone will build two more cars if there is sufficient interest.
    One of the loudest and most beautiful cars on display was this Fiat 8V Zagato Coupe. It combines the trademark double-bubble Zagato body with the hottest version of the Fiat V8 engine. It is believed to be the only surviving example of the quad-choke Weber equipped engines. Not nearly as good looking but equally interesting was the BMW 2800 Spicup. Built by Bertone for the 1969 Geneva Motor Show, it features a sliding roof so the driver could choose between a Spider and Coupe (hence the name) experience. A few years ago the car resurfaced in a rather sorry state. The current owner had the unique Spicup restored just in time for the show.

Enjoy the links

2009 Aston Martin One-77 - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Bertone Mantide - Images, Specifications and Information

1969 BMW 2800 Bertone Spicup - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Centenaire - Images, Specifications and Information

1952 - 1954 Fiat 8V Competizione Zagato Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Morgan Aero SuperSport - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 04-29-2009 at 06:48 AM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

hey Wouter, can I ask your judgment on the Mantide?
    I'm love with the car, it's not a secret, but surely you saw much more cars and concepts than me, so your eyes are more trained than mines.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    hey Wouter, can I ask your judgment on the Mantide?
    I'm love with the car, it's not a secret, but surely you saw much more cars and concepts than me, so your eyes are more trained than mines.
    if it supposed to be seen as a reincarnation of the BAT Alfas, I think it is a success.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    if it supposed to be seen as a reincarnation of the BAT Alfas, I think it is a success.
    yeah, Castriota himself underlined its heritage connected to the B.A.T.s.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Your 'Competizione' 8V has a motor stamping 104.000*00xxx, thus it isn't a separate type.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickrich View Post
    Your 'Competizione' 8V has a motor stamping 104.000*00xxx, thus it isn't a separate type.
    "Great update Wouter, but may I comment on the 8V"....
    "Thank you Richard"...
    The 4 double Webers make it special enough, maybe Fiat was economising on engine stamps..
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    "Great update Wouter, but may I comment on the 8V"....
    "Thank you Richard"...
    The 4 double Webers make it special enough, maybe Fiat was economising on engine stamps..
    So Fiat made the intake manifold and it was originally fitted to the car upon delivery to Zagato?

Great that Spicup was not lost forever. I thought the car would be a long guest in a garage we've all seen it at in one of the threads here.
    Last edited by faksta; 05-02-2009 at 11:59 AM.

Thread Information