Thread: Most miles from a vehicle?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Most miles from a vehicle?

I'm allowing for rebuilt transmissions/transaxles but not engines themselves. (Edit: Valve jobs are fine but no bottom or top end rebuilds whatsoever!)....As for me I drove a 1989 Chevrolet Corsica, 2.8 liter V-6, automatic, to 286k miles (460272.384 km).....The engine was still running but I blew the head gasket as I couldn't trace a leak. It wasn't a radiator or heater hose either. I parked it, bought a wrecked '96 Corsica with a 3.1. If you are familiar with these cars, then just know the engineering nightmare it was to swap out the engines/suspensions/wiring. Yep, I even had to cut out part of the engine bay sidewalls and weld in the new motor mounts from the donor car! (that is, the metal things your motor mounts attach to.)

I haven't driven my '81 Mercedes 280SE in years (ouch...about nine years now!)...It has about 176k miles but a weather-rotted wire to the external fuel pump made it not start up and I haven't yet fixed it.
    Last edited by NorTex; 11-13-2011 at 06:36 PM.
    "When travelling down the freeway, the first bug to hit a clean windshield will always land directly in front of the driver's face."

Thread Information