Thread: Maserati Monday with a detailed look at the legendary 300S ...

Maserati Monday with a detailed look at the legendary 300S ...

In what is Maserati's centenary year, we today take a detailed look at the 300S. One of the Italian manufacturer's most loved models, it was created to take on the likes of Ferrari, Aston Martin and Jaguar in the World Sports Car Championship. The 300S was powered by a beautiful straight six engine and was built around a light and very sophisticated chassis. Over time, the Fantuzzi designed and built aluminium body slightly changed shape to help cut through the air with even more ease. Especially in 1956, the 300S was hugely competitive, winning two of the five rounds that year, including an epic win at the Nurburgring. The fine handling sports racer was also a popular choice with privateers and eventually over two dozen were built, many of which were raced around the world for several seasons.
    Today, the Maserati 300S is still a popular choice in historic racing, despite the ever increasing values. As a result, we have seen quite a few of the surviving cars, and some quite often. This has allowed us to create a spectacular 346-shot gallery, which includes images and a concise history of 15 different examples!

Enjoy the links:

1955 - 1958 Maserati 300S - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Much appreciated.

And the S4 fearture was great too.

I mentioned it before, and it ain't the 300 S, but I have seen this exact car: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/4...Prototipo.html at a local car show. I didn't understand exactly it was when I saw it but the owner mentioned some pretty serious drivers had raced it. I certainly didn't know how pricey it was.

Cool to see it on UCP, and in the suburbs of Toronto of all places.

Thread Information