Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Senna

I also got around to seeing Senna just now.

Excellent documentary, although I can see how Prost is a big manipulator, you can see that in Michael Schumacher as well. Honestly, as a racing driver, you do what you need to win. It may not be pretty, but that's the way races are won, and if you can get the governing body to side with you, you're already at an advantage.

It's not good sportsmanship or honorable to win that way, but to see Senna try stick to his roots and his morals as much as he can against the odds, that was nice to see. I never quite understood why Senna was so well received in Brazil, but the film gives great context into why, and I understand now the reason. They hd something to look forward to with Senna, something to get away from the poverty and politics of Brazil.

From just being around these forums, I've always known Senna was a great driver, but it was just so sad to know the ending from the very start of the movie. And then to see him rocket so quickly upwards and then to have it all end so quickly, it just reminds me of how fragile life really is.

And I never lived through that period of F1, so I never got to see how bad Balestre was. What an ass.

Just curious, the 2.5 hour one, is that only on DVD/Blu Ray? The Netflix one is 1.5 hours.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 05-12-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Thread Information