Thread: Need some Honda info plz

Need some Honda info plz

Is there anything you can do to increase hp on a 2005 honda civic? It's the base model so only has like 120hp. If so what should be done first? Or is it pointless to even try unless you have the vtech model? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Have always owned american so I'm clueless about Hondas hehe. Thanks.

Hmmn.

Go down the basic Electronic Chip, Air Filter and exhaust system route first, then if you've got the money, maybe forced induction and modified internals. Might wanna improve the handling aswell.

Remember theres the risk of voiding the warranty

i would start by selling the honda and buying in 80's car. Much more style and better workmanship IMHO. somthing like an old 80's Nissan Z!!! give it 3 thousand $ work then you will have a flyer, drifter whatever. But if u wanna stick with the civic your best bet is to do a 1.8 swap with either a super or turbo charger. good luck with whatever u choose.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoKid
    Is there anything you can do to increase hp on a 2005 honda civic? It's the base model so only has like 120hp. If so what should be done first? Or is it pointless to even try unless you have the vtech model? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Have always owned american so I'm clueless about Hondas hehe. Thanks.
    Dont even bother, with the money spent to make it go "fast" you could buy an all around faster car. If you want a "fast" car just buy one made for speed, not economy.

yeah, tuning up hondas isnt that useful. by the time you got something as fast as a vette, or even a viper, you would have probably spent more on the car and parts then you would have if yu had gotten a vette/viper in the first place. (just examples)
    it depends on what you want tho. i would probably sell it, and get a muscle car or a replica of one, if a replica id stick a twin turbo onto it.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    yeah, tuning up hondas isnt that useful. by the time you got something as fast as a vette, or even a viper, you would have probably spent more on the car and parts then you would have if yu had gotten a vette/viper in the first place.
    And you'd still be driving a Honda.

Do the basics- intake/chip/exhaust (headers back, remove resonators). Don't forget cams, and maybe even head work. You're going to have to go the forced induction route for any real power. Hope you've got deep pockets.

www.clubsi.com
    www.honda-tech.com
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by TacoKid
    Don't throw a penny into that car's engine.

I have the same car (01 model) and had the same questions when I got it... After wasting some money on it I realized that small mods will get you nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 85RX7
    somthing like an old 80's Nissan Z!!!
    don't ever say that again. ever.

give it 3 thousand $ work then you will have a flyer, drifter whatever.
    fascinating

But if u wanna stick with the civic your best bet is to do a 1.8 swap with either a super or turbo charger.
    jesus christ

forget the 1.8 liter, if i was to even think about modifying a honda i would start with at very lest a B20 block(preferably an H22) and throw on a b16a2 head. then run a low pressure turbo. ALOT of work, you could do it sorta cheap if you knew how to weld, had a decent junk yard close by, and could fabricate your own manifolds and whatnot. but even then your still looking at ~$3-5k. its just not worth it, if you had an unbuilt B20 with the vtec head and a say t-3 running 7psi you'd only be making like 240hp tops on borrowed time at that. its just not worth it, sell the car and get something made to perform. you could pick up a nice FC, and swap in a 350hp LS1 for around $7-10k. just get a better car bro, you'll thank us later
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

you could get a 240sx and swap an RB25DET or 26DETT for the money you paid for that new civic.....and even have some left to do some power mods. and the car would be rear wheel drive and not front wheel drive!. btw it also handles great.(the stock engine can also do 14-15psi on stock internals....where the pistons start to go, but the con rods are forged enoff to hold more than 15psi)
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Thread Information