Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2008 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

or starts dead last if he had gotten a 10 place penalty, considered he is 15th today...

and that still would not mean the b*tching and moaning in the media will stop...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

is there any1 who thinks Mclaren can actually win the appeal?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I'm sure theres a fair few that think so. If the facts are in their favour, it'll be an easy penalty to overturn.
    I am the Stig

I think it'll be hard, now that a race have been run where the after-the-fact clarified rule had been in full effect, it'll be hard to justify to let Hamilton keep his pass where so many have been hit with time and potentially position losses at Monza....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I think it'll be hard, now that a race have been run where the after-the-fact clarified rule had been in full effect, it'll be hard to justify to let Hamilton keep his pass where so many have been hit with time and potentially position losses at Monza....
    I think the Fia would agree with you. I however never saw this 2 corner stuff until then. ARGGHH this is infuriating

Maybe not. Monza would show up the most gain from cutting a chicane, it wouldnt be unreasonable to have one rule for Monza and another for the rest of the circuit.
    I am the Stig

There is absolutely no chance this appeal will be successful. LH could quite easily have slowed slightly, tucked behind Kimi and stayed on the track, taking the corner between the white lines. It's that simple. He obviously felt that he would lose to much momentum doing this, so he jerked his car to the left and cut the corner. A calculated move no doubt about it. Review the video a few times and it will become clear as day. (Look at the position of his front wing relative to Kimi's rear tire when he pulls left.) The obvious effect was that he could now get in the red cars draft to allow a pass. Clearly he is inexperienced, as he should have known that his car was handling very much better in the rain and all he needed to do was wait a few more turns down the track and he would have passed Kimi easily.

On top of this, Max, Bernie, & the FIA all hate Ron & and the silver arrows team.

No chance the FIA will admit any of their representatives are in error, even if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by ringle View Post
    There is absolutely no chance this appeal will be successful. LH could quite easily have slowed slightly, tucked behind Kimi and stayed on the track, taking the corner between the white lines. It's that simple.
    If you read the rules and follow some precedent, it is not that simple at all.

McLaren will likely be arguing their interpretation of the rules was to hand the position back to erase any advantage. The talked about drivers agreements to wait after the next corner before attempting another move, which is now supported by the FIA, wasnt set in stone at the time. They also asked for a second opinion, twice, from a figure supported by all within the F1 community (Charlie Whiting) regarding the move to which they were told it was "OK".

Its definately not beyond reason to at least see the penalty dropped to a fine or maybe even a suspended penalty.
    I am the Stig

Something about the bullheadedness of the FIA makes me think that if if, and they probably wil, Mclaren has a good argument the penalty still wont be erased.

McLaren's appeal has been rejected, so Massa remains the winner.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Predictable

Thread Information