Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hate A Car, But Not The Brand.

Hate A Car, But Not The Brand.

Right.

If you'll Kindly check out the 5 Cars You Hate Most Thread, you'll see people seem to hate Brands more than Actual Cars. Does this mean that their mildly Lazy and Can't pick a car out of a Range off the top of their head, or is it that they are hopelessly biased against the perception of that car brand?

Eg: DO NOT TAKE LITERALLY! IF I GET QUOTED FROM THIS YOUR ARGUMENT WiLL BE INVALIDATED! I Hate Hyundais, no car in particular from the Range, they're all cheap and nasty.

To tar one range with the same brush as their weakest link can be a foolish mistake, if we did that to a prestige brand like Mercedes, you'd have a SL55 AMG being percieved as lowly as a Vaneo.

See what i'm getting at here? The Hyundai Tiburon is a fine car, but since we all relate it back to the Hyundai Range, involving the Excel/Accent and Elantra, then we have a problem of perception.

If your going to hate a car, fine. Give your reasons, and stand behind your belief. But hate an Entire Brand, and you hate all their history, all the good things they have done in the past, and the good they may well do in the Future. Give it 20 Years and BMW's, now percieved as cars for young-upstarts and slightly rich people indulging in solitary pleasure Cough*WANKER!*Cough, excuse me..... they'll become regular family cars. The same can be said for Hyundai, give it 20 years and they may well have earnt our respect, like the Japanese before them.

The fact is, every great range has a skeleton in it's closet, and every poorer one has a shining light hidden under the mediocre bushel. Judge on what the cars are, not where they come from. Otherwise your nothing more than an utterly annoying character who perhaps should not be talking about cars.

This goes for all "BMW IS KING"...."NO WAY, MCLAREN F1 BEATS ALL DOWN!" people too.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    See what i'm getting at here? The Hyundai Tiburon is a fine car, but since we all relate it back to the Hyundai Range, involving the Excel/Accent and Elantra, then we have a problem of perception. .
    true but even the acells are okcars for thier prpose ecconmy and price...they also come with a 5 year warrenty....not many brands can match that....

If your going to hate a car, fine. Give your reasons, and stand behind your belief. But hate an Entire Brand, and you hate all their history, all the good things they have done in the past, and the good they may well do in the Future. Give it 20 Years and BMW's, now percieved as cars for young-upstarts and slightly rich people indulging in solitary pleasure Cough*WANKER!*Cough, excuse me..... they'll become regular family cars. The same can be said for Hyundai, give it 20 years and they may well have earnt our respect, like the Japanese before them. .
    Also true up until the mid 60s here in australia jap cars where considerd cheap and nasty but that changed very quickly with cars like the 1200,1600,240Z among others...also the reason why i dont like BMWs in general is because their bread and butter cars arnt really anybetter then our "apprently" worse local products.....that said moveaway from their more bread and butter cars and you have a nice performer that will be reliable and serve you well for years to come...all that need fixing is the price..and no i may be midly partioitc but im not "we make the best damn cars int he world"...we make good ones for our conditions and people i am strongly consdiering buying a jap buzz box for my next car for the realiblitly and the speed they do offer.......I wonder if Tatar engieering will of ever ernt our repsect...we have one at work and ill quote myself "whats that indian death trap doing parked there?"

.[/QUOTE]The fact is, every great range has a skeleton in it's closet, and every poorer one has a shining light hidden under the mediocre bushel. Judge on what the cars are, not where they come from. Otherwise your nothing more than an utterly annoying character who perhaps should not be talking about cars.

This goes for all "BMW IS KING"...."NO WAY, MCLAREN F1 BEATS ALL DOWN!" people too.[/QUOTE] that is ture every range has at leas something good to its name in general...even unlikeable cars have their upside (even my sunny good fuel ecconmy) and fan boys should pay attention to that last comment....

Right.

If you'll Kindly check out the 5 Cars You Hate Most Thread, you'll see people seem to hate Brands more than Actual Cars. Does this mean that their mildly Lazy and Can't pick a car out of a Range off the top of their head, or is it that they are hopelessly biased against the perception of that car brand?

Eg: DO NOT TAKE LITERALLY! IF I GET QUOTED FROM THIS YOUR ARGUMENT WiLL BE INVALIDATED! I Hate Hyundais, no car in particular from the Range, they're all cheap and nasty.

To tar one range with the same brush as their weakest link can be a foolish mistake, if we did that to a prestige brand like Mercedes, you'd have a SL55 AMG being percieved as lowly as a Vaneo.

See what i'm getting at here? The Hyundai Tiburon is a fine car, but since we all relate it back to the Hyundai Range, involving the Excel/Accent and Elantra, then we have a problem of perception.

If your going to hate a car, fine. Give your reasons, and stand behind your belief. But hate an Entire Brand, and you hate all their history, all the good things they have done in the past, and the good they may well do in the Future. Give it 20 Years and BMW's, now percieved as cars for young-upstarts and slightly rich people indulging in solitary pleasure Cough*WANKER!*Cough, excuse me..... they'll become regular family cars. The same can be said for Hyundai, give it 20 years and they may well have earnt our respect, like the Japanese before them.

The fact is, every great range has a skeleton in it's closet, and every poorer one has a shining light hidden under the mediocre bushel. Judge on what the cars are, not where they come from. Otherwise your nothing more than an utterly annoying character who perhaps should not be talking about cars.

This goes for all "BMW IS KING"...."NO WAY, MCLAREN F1 BEATS ALL DOWN!" people too.

it's about time someone came out and said it. you're right, you can't put down the entire brand just because of one car.
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

BMW X5, particularly black ones, the primary representative of a generation of cars that have no place in modern traffic. When you need off road capabilities don't go for it, and when you want to be fast take a real sportscar.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Totally agree with you IB4Rs…. I try to avoid as much as I can that thread because members always post the cars they hate without giving a good explanation nor a personal experience of why they hate this car/brand.

Member X: Oh I hate Kias, Hyundais and Civics.
    Niko: Yeah why?
    Member X: Oh because they are cheap and their doors don’t close as good as a BMW, oh and civics are for ricers oh and Korean cars suck because uhmm because they do.

I mean… Come on!!!

Thanks for the support guys. But Henk4 and Falcon prove my point: You hate what the car is used for, and the drivers, not the car itself. The BMW X5, if taken into context, will be a good car, it does what it set out to do, namely be a sporty 4WD, no matter how stupid you think the goal is. It's a representitive of what Henk4 Hates: Urban 4WD's. They may have no place in modern Traffic, but give it time, and another fuel crisis will come along and we'll all be in small cars once more. Remember, offer people more, and they'll take it. The BMW X5 is our Cadillac Eldorado, 1959 Style. 1 MPG, Etc.....

Thanks for the support guys. But Henk4 and Falcon prove my point: You hate what the car is used for, and the drivers, not the car itself. The BMW X5, if taken into context, will be a good car, it does what it set out to do, namely be a sporty 4WD, no matter how stupid you think the goal is. It's a representitive of what Henk4 Hates: Urban 4WD's. They may have no place in modern Traffic, but give it time, and another fuel crisis will come along and we'll all be in small cars once more. Remember, offer people more, and they'll take it. The BMW X5 is our Cadillac Eldorado, 1959 Style. 1 MPG, Etc.....
    Sorry I cannot hate a car as such, it is just a dead piece of metal, rubber and plastic. It only comes to life when it is being used, and from then onwards one can start building opinions on the car.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Fair Enough. I still think it's more what it's intended use was, and that may have been as a UAV (Urban Assault Vehicle), so I might be wrong, but to say you show disdain for all SUV's seems a bit rich, Range Rovers, Porsche Cayennes (Ugh....) and Cadillac Escalades are all good at what they do, Make the Owner feel special (no matter how they do it, safe or not) and look half-decent doing it (The Cayennes Slightly less so.) In the end they are a sign of our ever-decreasing need to be nice to other humans, it's a cut throat world, and it's the same on the road. Unfortunately some people are kitting themselves out for war, hence the SUV. It's a horrible thing, i know, but thats the way it is.

when reading the term UAV (good one) the Hummer sprang to mind, fortunately it is not enough widespread overhere to really start hating it.

I don't think a Hummer will ever be really popular in Europe. Maybe if they make a Fiesta Sized one.... It'll still do 1 MPG.....

i usually don't like either Mercs or beemers . but with a few exceptions .. in beemers case . very few exceptions .. and all of them are classic cars(we can call th G-Klasse .. classic .. )
    also .. i don't think there is a Ford(100% and no GT40 is not 100% .. it has some Lola in it) that i like .. .. but that's not really a bad thing for others
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    There's a few brands I don't like, but it's mainly a competitive thing, not that they ACTUALLY make bad cars. For instance, chevrolet. (But they make corvettes and those are great.. and monte carlos and impalas...) But they are the enemy And Ferari too. They make great cars, but you gotta have an enemy :P

For cars I hate but not the brand, I like ford, but they've made PLENTY of horrible cars :P

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    And yeah, I don't like cars that you measure gallons per mile either.

I'm guilty

I admit it, I hate Fords. I know it's immature and childish, but when one or more models from a brand bother you, it's sometimes hard to separate the brand from the car. I currently drive a Mercury Topaz, and almost everything about it bothers me. Poor handling, and cornering, very poor performance, It's rotted out, the transmission is going, it creaks and groans. And the gas mileage could be better. It's basically what digitalcraft said...You've got to have an enemy. Since I live in North America and like Chevys and Dodges, I have to hate Fords. Almost everyone I know has a brand they love/hate more, however unfounded their reasons are.

For instance, I used to own a Pontiac Tempest. In many ways it was worse than the Topaz, but it was more fun so I liked it more. My dad had a Pontiac Parisianne Station wagon with the chevy 307 (?) diesel. That engine was a disaster, not just for us, but for everyone. Kind of like the turbocharged 4.9L in the Firebird. I still like Pontiac even though they've had their fair share of failures.

Ford made some excellent cars. 40 years later, and the second ponycar (the Plymouth Barricuda was first by a couple weeks) is still going strong (and is also the last one). I think it's part of a person's identity to hate one brand of car more than another. If a mustang came along that was the right price, I'd buy it. But I still hate Fords.
    Life begins @ 200 MPH
    There's no replacement for displacement.

Is there any need for this irrational hatred? thats all i ask. You may have been broguth up on GM products, but I was brought up on Mitsubishi Products, i like Mitsubishi, and i like there competitors. I guess it's good to stand for something, but as the saying goes, "I stand for everything, and therefore i stand for nothing".

If a car is good, i'm happy, if a car is bad, i don't go and deadpan the rest of the range. Simple. Effective and much more decisive than " I hate all Fords...."

it might seem picky, but i go on Personality more than good breeding.

And do you really need an enemy, can't we all get along?

Thread Information