Thread: Aston Martin Carbon Black: DBS + V12 Vantage

Aston Martin Carbon Black: DBS + V12 Vantage

Aston Martin Carbon Black Special Editions

Gaydon, Warwickshire. 18 December 2009. Aston Martin’s two top-of-the-range sports cars; the DBS and V12 Vantage have undergone a unique Carbon Black makeover to create a highly desirable special edition.

Celebrating the enormous success of the DBS and V12 Vantage which have surpassed all sales expectations since launch, the new special editions add a typically understated flair to these acclaimed models. Featuring bespoke Carbon Black metallic paint especially formulated with a subtle metallic twist to create a deep rich patina. Each car will undergo 50 man-hours of hand painting followed by stringent quality checks. For the V12 Vantage the iconic Aston Martin side strake has been fashioned from real carbon fibre backed by a black mesh and complimented with gloss black 10 spoke diamond turned alloy wheels. A bright finished grille and front parking sensors (normally an option) complete the exterior detailing.

Inside, owners will be greeted to swathes of Obsidian Black leather highlighted with a contrast silver coarse stitch all hand stitched by the craftspeople at Gaydon – Aston Martin’s global headquarters in England.

Lightweight seats formed from Carbon Fibre and Kevlar saving 17 kg over the standard seat also feature together with Piano black facia trim, centre stack and centre console, anodised black tread plates and unique sill plaques build on the carbon theme. The Aston Martin 700w Premium Audio System is delivered as standard in the V12 Vantage while the DBS boasts the Bang & Olufsen Beosound DBS audio system as standard.

Customers who order a Carbon Black Edition V12 Vantage will have the opportunity to experience Aston Martin’s renowned Performance Driving Course (UK and Europe only) free of charge which offers a memorable day helping customers to equip themselves with the skill sets to enhance the enjoyment of their Aston Martin on the track.

The Carbon Black Editions are available to order from the official Aston Martin dealership network with final pricing (expected to be approximately 5% over current base prices) to be confirmed in the New Year.

About the DBS

The DBS was launched in 2007 and is Aston Martin’s ultimate GT sports car. Benefitting from weight saving materials including aluminium and carbon fibre; the DBS offers dynamic and aesthetic purity, an exquisite interior and a driving experience unsurpassed by any other car in its coupe and Volante forms. Its hand built V12 engine produces 380 kW (510 bhp / 517 PS) making it one of the most powerful production cars Aston Martin has ever made. In 2009, the DBS ‘Volante’ (Aston Martin’s nomenclature for convertible) joined the DBS line-up

About the V12 Vantage

Launched in 2009, agility and outright performance form the basis of the design of the V12 Vantage creating the most exciting incarnation of the Vantage line-up to date. The V12 Vantage subtly hints at its sporting intent with its controlled aggression and lower, purposeful stance. The naturally aspirated 6.0- V12 engine provides the driver with instantaneous access to high levels of power and torque at all engine speeds, while Aston Martin’s class-leading, all alloy VH (Vertical Horizontal) architecture provides exceptional strength and rigidity.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is this a trend that's infecting all car manufacturers these days?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I like the DBS, I want it. I always did.
    The difference between these days and the old one is that now they must pull out a PR for every grain of dust they found.
    While 10 years ago you was ordering a custom paint job and interior from the personalization programs, now they are using the same programs to create some combos to be sold to those who don't have enough personality to formulate a personal preference.
    So it's once again a customers created problem.
    I still want the DBS though.
    I need it, I can mathematically demonstrate that.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

What if somewhat we could create a car company where customers are simply removed from the equation?
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    What if somewhat we could create a car company where customers are simply removed from the equation?
    I think there already are too many companies who don't listen to/care about customers/enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I think there already are too many companies who don't listen to/care about customers/enthusiasts.
    The problem is that they listen to the other costumers which are far greater in number...
    Visca Catalunya!

The problem is that they listen to the other costumers which are far greater in number...
    So Saab was listening to...wait...

I concur.

HOWEVER, perhaps I'm just not aware of them, but I don't think they bring these specialized versions into the US.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

The Nth American market isn't getting any V12 Vantages.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    The Nth American market isn't getting any V12 Vantages.
    At Frankfurt Bez told something about a future possibility when he also announced the production was going to be increased too.

I agree with leon. I NEED this car.
    In my mind there is no such thing as too many aston martins in the world.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

don't really like the wheels.. but no complaints otherwise, hell another V12 aston, score
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    I agree with leon. I NEED this car.
    In my mind there is no such thing as too many aston martins in the world.
    There's so many V8s in LA you'd think they were taxi-cabs.

I'll stick with the DBS, in Meteor Grey or Aston Martin Racing Green.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Thread Information