Thread: Significant Pre-war American Barnfind

Significant Pre-war American Barnfind

Title says it all, and since it's a bit slow again in the forums, decided to make a new thread altogether.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4P9ABrcT9M"]Texas Barn Find: Five Pre-war Automobiles Discovered - YouTube[/ame]

Car list-
    1932 Cadillac 370B V-12 Victoria Convertible
    1933 Cadillac Model 370C V-12 Town Coupe
    1938 Cadillac Series 90 V-16 Fleetwood Limousine
    1923 Milburn Electric Model 27L
    1908 REO Model G Boattail Roadster/Sedan Tonneau
    1937 Kozy Coach Travel Trailer

I'm obviously not familiar with any of the cars, but it's still cool to see.

some of these are proper Pebble stuff, once restored.
    Here is a 370 B Sport Phaeton, V12 and a Series 90 Fleetwood, V16, which whne shot in 2008, was offered by the Blackhawk collection for 190000 US$.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by henk4; 05-09-2015 at 12:45 PM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yup, I don't think we've had a Cadillac with more than 8 cylinders in at least 50 years so I realized from the get go these were significant.

That electric car was worth a lot before but is probably worth even more now as companies like Tesla bring electric cars back to the forefront.

190k seems low to me, but the classic car market seems to fetishize some brands for not entirely sensible reasons (Ferrari, Bugatti).

A pre-war 16 cylinder Caddilac?! 7 years ago is a while know so the market has gone up, but that somehow seems undervalued.

Mind, I am not Mr. Hagerty.

Google should buy that electric car and see if they can fit their autonomy gubbins in it without ruining it.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    190k seems low to me, but the classic car market seems to fetishize some brands for not entirely sensible reasons (Ferrari, Bugatti).

A pre-war 16 cylinder Caddilac?! 7 years ago is a while know so the market has gone up, but that somehow seems undervalued.

Mind, I am not Mr. Hagerty.
    the later sedans are not the most popular V16s, the early ones attract much more interest and are more expensive.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the later sedans are not the most popular V16s, the early ones attract much more interest and are more expensive.
    Alright that is more sensible. I was unawares of there being earlier V16 Cadillac.

Slightly on topic, did anyone watch Chris Harris' run about in a 212 to be sold by RM? Visceral.

The Rollston bodied version you linked ties up more with what I think of when I imagine Cadillac V16s; much more visually striking than the Series 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    The Rollston bodied version you linked ties up more with what I think of when I imagine Cadillac V16s; much more visually striking than the Series 90.
    far less gangster friendly too...

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    far less gangster friendly too...
    You know, I almost wrote how I thought the later variants looked like some of the early post-war gangster cars.

Thread Information