This has been bothering me for a while. I thought I might buy a GTO when they came out, but I was very dissapointed.

Power and performance aside, the thing looks like an overgrown Sunfire! I think the designers at Pontiac are phoning it in. In the time of the Mini, Mustang GT(2005), T-Bird, SSR, Ford GT50, Crossfire, hell..even the PT Cruiser!...you'd think they would have come up with something resembling a real GTO!

Car manufacturers have realized we love nostalgia, that is why I was so excited for the GTO. I had been drooling over the Holden for years wishing they would bring it in some fashion to the US.

My ultimate dream is for Buick to use the platform for a new Skylark GS. Maybe they can pull their heads out of their asses and create something that Pontiac can learn from.

I dunno, maybe the need to compete with the imports overroad any original thought? It kinda looks like a bigger 3rd Gen Intergra.

All I am asking is, are you with me? I saw one on the road and it looked allright, but it didn't make me want to buy one.

—Skylark64